“Excellent!”

Ranked #42 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

A really great place to stay if you're looking for some luxury in Miami Beach! Staff are very friendly and helpful, rooms are beautiful and clean and quite spacious. The in-room IPAD is very useful to keep you informed about whats on, hotel amenities, etc. Perfect for a great beach holiday!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
brianbean, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
It was a pleasure to have you here and I hope you can make it back to Delano very soon for another stay. I love it that you enjoyed our property and service. The new IPADS in the rooms make ordering room service, scheduling turndown service, and requesting Concierge service SO convenient!
Please let me know when you are returning so I can make sure you have the V.I.P welcome you deserve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

This has got to be my FAVORITE hotel in all of Miami Beach!! While here for Thanksgiving, I wanted to spend one night here and did. I enjoyed the cool ambiance, great service and amazing people. I grew up in Miami and this has always been the place to stay. If you were visiting from out of town and you were staying here, a TRUE Miamian would always know, you were "in the know." The pool area is really GREAT and the drinks are amazing!

The coolest thing about the Delano is that it is a historic landmark and few other hotels can replicate the authenticity of this property. The hotel is an original from the Art Deco era of Miami Beach and converted by Morgan's. They kept the integrity of the structure while making it "modern day" appropriate and has been a Miami Beach trend setter since I was a kid and it was renovated.

So the hotel is 5 stars because it is trendy, the service is great and it is just plenty of fun! There are definitely more luxurious and newer hotels, but if you want to relax, have fun and just let loose, stay here - you will LOVE it! It is STILL my favorite hotel in Miami.

Room Tip: High floor viewing the pool/beach is best!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveler4k
brianbean, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you so much!
I am glad you have been a long time fan of Delano and appreciate its unique design and consistent "cool" factor.
We are only as FABULOUS as though who stay with us however - so our loyal guests are a huge reason we have remained the fun and trendy Delano Hotel.
Thanks again.
Hingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

After 4pm, this place becomes THE PLACE....THE SCENE....lobby bar and pool bar areas are really hip and everyone seems to dress the part. Wow! The rooms are a little tight and cold with hard floors and mostly white decor...maybe not the kind you lounge around in...but they are still very nice, interesting and the bathrooms were kind of cool. My only concern was at times the check-in crew at the front desk was minimally staffed (though very polite) and the patience meter was running a bit low. But one could argue that this minimal staff is done intentionally as part of the overall mood. The valet crew was top-notch. I would definitely stay here again and again. Great location, great scene.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank HinghamPonch
I enjoyed your TripAdvisor comments!
I am glad you enjoyed the Delano "vibe" and iconic design. While it is important to us to remain a cool destination we understand that it is the service that keeps so many Delano regulars coming back year after year.
I hope to see you again soon. Let me know when you are coming back so I can give you a warm welcome back.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

On a recent one night stop over in Miami - thought I would try the Delano. MISTAKE! overpriced...too white...and attitude beyond belief. Rooms are small. Nicely decorated, but not practical. Pool is shallow and pool area filled with tourists and 'walk throughs'... not the best hotel on Miami South Beach. Staff were friendly...and it is close to the Lincoln Rd shops...but, somehow lacked the 'vibe' the brand promises and one expects. I wouldnt spend a week here, but for a few days if you want a central address in South Beach the hotel will do fine...but, there are other better/newer hotels further 'north' on Collins worth considering.

Room Tip: sea view is more expensive, but city view is adequate.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris_Battersea
Thank you for your review and your genuine feedback.
I am glad you found our service and location top notch, but regret you did not enjoy the Delano vibe.
We are just completing an extensive remodel of the property and are excited to announce a completely new direction in the restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
I hope you have a chance to come back and see Delano again - I am sure you will enjoy the enhancements and changes.
warmly,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

still good after all these years. i know there are newer places but I alwys go back here it is always right

Room Tip: always cool even after it's hey day.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
brianbean, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for your loyalty!
Its true, there are new and excellent hotels opening in South Beach all the time.
But there is only one Delano.
From the flowing white curtains and Brazilian cherry floors out to the sparkling water salon - Delano remains the original and ultimate South Boutique Hotel.
I have had the pleasure of working at Delano for many years. One of the best parts of Delano is that we have so many people - like yourself - who return year after year. I love welcoming them back.
I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back as well!
Colts Neck, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

If you visit South Beach & do not have a cocktail at the Delano then you didn't visit South Beach, we had drinks there on Saturday night after dinner at Casa Tua... was dancing in the pool @ 1:00 am ( ankle high ) and had the time off my life; it is truly the ultimate South Beach experience

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lovetoeat5935
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

The Delano is a nice hotel very close to South Beach – you can get to all the shops, restaurants and attractions fairly easily on foot. Parking is a bit of an issue and the driveway can be easy to miss, but once you have the vehicle parked, you really shouldn’t need to drive anywhere. The hotel staff are great and helped us unload the vehicle, bring our bags in and get us to our room. The hotel and the rooms are white. Very white. It is an interesting and cool motif, just be prepared for stark white as a theme. We thought it was pretty cool and, overall, very well done. The room was nicely appointed with a good view of Miami. The location of the hotel is in an excellent location for accessing the local shops and restaurants, just make sure you have a good plan and location awareness before you leave. One of the few complaints we had was that we asked the concierge for recommendations on shopping areas – we asked for high end boutique shops and he pointed us in the wrong direction. We only realized later that if we had literally gone right where he said go left, we would have ended up in exactly the area we wanted to be. Fortunately, the area he directed us to was not bad and we were able to complete the shopping we wanted to do. Also, he deftiniely made up for the poor shopping recommendation with his restaurant recommendation. We were looking for a good steak place and he made us reservations at the Meat Market, which was not too far from the hotel in a great section of South Beach. I can honestly say that the meal was one of the best, if not the best, steak dinner we have had. It is a bit pricey and very crowded, but it was fun and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. In the end, we recommend the Delano if you are staying in the South Beach area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steph_Richardson
Thank you so much for your kind words - very much appreciated.
I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of Delano's central location to explore South Beach.I have lived in Miami for 11 years and I am still surprised how cosmopolitan we are becoming!
I am sorry you got some misinformation from Concierge, I will follow up with them right away.
I hope you can make it to Delano again soon.