“Disappointing”

Delano South Beach Hotel
Ranked #43 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Although we upgraded our room it was still cramped with tiny bathroom. Service was average and I certainly would not stay again. Pretentious!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank MollieArchie
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback. While it was brief, it is unsettling none the less. I would like to discuss this in more detail personally with you at your convenience. Particularly the service issues. Service is the cornerstone of Delano's success and we are driven to follow up relentlessly on service lapses.
Please contact me anytime at lee.greenspan@mhgc.com. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Lee

Write a ReviewReviews (2,746)

Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Delano was an incredible experience. The decor, the service, the atmosphere, the vibe - all perfect! A world class hotel.

The property is beautiful - The lobby is sexy, the rooms are fabulous, and the pool is simply 'Miami'...!

They pay attention to all the details to make your visit truly special and unique. We were there for a bachelorette weekend and unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, but that didn't matter at all - the staff could not do enough to make our stay absolutely amazing. Jeremy's cocktails, Soledad and Diego's service, Lee's attentiveness, D'Michael's saavy of everything Miami, all make the Delano the place to be.

Can't wait for many more visits to come. Thank you for a great visit!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MissAliya
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My stay at the Delano was perfect. I would not change a thing. The staff was so friendly and personable. Absolutely everyone, from the housekeeping staff to the pool attendants were extremely helpful and accomodating. The pool is GORGEOUS!!! The concierge even sent me a text to tell me about a frozen yogurt place I had asked him about. If you are making plans to go to South Beach, you MUST stay at the Delano. And if you're not making plans to go to Miami, you should start planning a trip to the Delano. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: View from oceanfront rooms is UNBELIEVABLE! Highly recommend.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara G
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Decided to spend July 4th at the Delano. I wanted to stay at a five star hotel along the ocean and had many options but decided to choose the Delano even though there were better rates being offered. I spent over $400.00 for a very modest room that was hardly what I would call a five star room. It seemed a bit dates, worn, blackout screens didn't work. In addition, the service was horrible. The plan was to spend the day at the pool. The pool boy never made his way over to us but we grabbed our own towels from the laundry bin. It was not that crowded yet we were unsuccessful in getting a server to bring us a menu or take our order. After a fourth attempt and 40 minutes later a server finally did take our drink order. When we wanted something to eat, it was feudal to get a server our way, so we decided to sit at the bar and eat.
The next morning we chose to eat the breakfast buffet. Boy, was that a joke! For over $60.00 for two, we feasted on a bowl of Kashi in a plastic bowl (just like the ones you get on an airiplane) a banana, and a cup of coffee! Really??

I did register a complaint to the front desk who placated me but alerting me they would look into it but never did hear anything more from them. Bottom line, there are lots of options to choose that are pretty amazing in South Beach. I would not recommend the Delano.

Room Tip: Wanted an ocean view room. I did get that but note there are no balcony rooms unless you go with a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jeff S
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Hello Jeff,

Thank you very much for detailing some of the shortcomings during your recent stay.
I'd like to take the time to at least touch on each of the items you detailed.
The average room rate around early July is about $400, however, if the room you were given was unsatisfactory, I apologize, certainly we should have rectified that situation for you. We do have several options available.
Secondly, and more concerning to me, is the service that you received, particularly at the pool. I have shared your review with the entire pool team and have specifically addressed some of the items you detailed. In light of the inevitable improvements that will occur as a direct result of your review, I am grateful to you for taking the time to provide this important information.
Breakfast, our continental breakfast has improved recently with increased offerings. We will continue to explore viable options to make the continantal breakfast well rounded, and more than satisfactory to the even the most discerning guests.
And finally, you mentioned that you received little or no follow up from the front desk regarding these issues. This above all is the most unacceptable aspect to me. I apologize for this, however, I am personally available to you. Should you find yourself in Miami Beach again, I will personally handle your accommodations and ensure that this experience is not repeated at Delano.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I first visited the Delano on a business trip and enjoyed a drink by the pool. I was so in awe of the grounds and beautiful venue that I promised myself for my birthday I would be back as a guest...and I did! I had the most AMAZING birthday weekend at the Delano! The staff was wonderful and very attentive. I had some issues with the original location of my room (near ice machine/elevator) , called and spoke with the manager Lee and he took care of that in a big way within minutes! Just amazing!!! I enjoyed a great spa day with girlfriends at Agua Spa located within the hotel and a beautiful brunch on Sunday morning. Unfortunantly I have to check out in the morning :-( . I LOVED so much that I vowed to make this an annual trip and have already spread the word to friends for their future visits to Miami that the Delano is the place to stay!!! I will be booking a room soon with the Delano for 2013! Can't wait!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Samia1981
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Samia,

Thank you for the great feedback! It was truly a pleasure having you and getting to know you a bit. Of course you know, I'm always available to personally handle your accommodations in the future.

See you soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The hotel staff could not have been nicer and more attentive, the rooms were spotless and the hotel and pool are absolutely gorgeous. All around, a great place to stay in Miami.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Celebrated my BFF s bachelorette here. Began with champagne on the beach with three beds for nine girls. It was perfect. Best service on the beach by Big Mike, Gleb and Abdel !!! Thank you guys :)

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I'm very happy to hear that some of our world class beach staff had a great impression on you. I will certainly pass along your kind words. I'm not sure if you actually stayed with us or just enjoyed the facilities, but regardless, next time yourself or your friends are in town, please feel free to reach out to me personally. I will be happy to extend you that same Delano experience again and again!!