Once again, this property remains on the top of our list. We hired transportation through Infinity Limousine from pick up at MIA to the hotel, and was about a 25 minute comfortable ride. Pulled up and was instantly greeted by the door men or bell hops with smiles and welcomes. They swiftly took our bags, and we were off to our adventure. Front was wonderful. The lobby is expansive with tall columns and a foray of tall linens lining the length of the hotel, from front to pool area. Met our concierge, and was unpacking with in 10 minutes. The bell hop was on the mark and showed us around the room. It was a wonderful city view, stark white floors etc. Bath was marble with plenty of toiletries. Upscale, and clean. Very nice ipod station, along with a very very well stocked bar, and sundrie station..We went directly to the sushi bar, and was amazed by the service of Dave. He organized a nice meal, and was on top of his game, with complimentary sake. Dinner here alaways will range about $200 or $300 for 2, including drinks. We then went outside, poolside to the bar toward the back and had a few martinis and laid on the span of white beds. We enjoyed the stars, moon, and people. The next day, we rented a cabana. It runs $450 a day, and as others have stated, it comes with server, plasma, bed type features, and a see thru curtain for privacy, if you want. We opted to have our chairs set up and utilized these to get the rays. We had pool side champagne service. Bottles range from $120 to $700. The service was outstanding, had frozen grapes, fruits delivered as the package for the cabana rental. Also had a nice lunch in the cabana. That night we got to eat pool side at blue door. Food was excellent, with a perfect service to boot. Dinner for 2 was around again, $300. Sat there for about 3 hours after dinner and had a cigar, and more martinis. In bed by 2 am, and next morning had another perfect breakfast. It is a open menu, or one can opt for the continental breakfast, where you can do buffet style. We opted for the menu, breakfast around $80- without tip. Not cheap, but you are at the Delano.The next night we had to get to bed early as had to catch an early wake up and be at the airport by 5 am, so we had another quick sushi, and off to bed. Check out was easy, everyone as always wonderful. Bryan and Ed the concierge were so nice. Wife did the spa one day, had some sort of facial and other things. She said it was a roof top experience, very nice touch. Never made it to the Florida room, as closed on Mondays, and just did not have time. All in all, we would go back in a second. They did treat us a repeat guests, as they made sseveral mentions as to "welcome back" etc.... Plan on over the top service, great night life, and about $1200 a day for room, food drinks etc...well worth it. It will cost the same here as it did at the Four Seasons in Maui per day, but a totally different atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Beach and directly on the ocean, Delano is the ultimate world-class urban resort and self-contained destination. Boasting America's first Indoor/Outdoor Lobby, the hotel's public spaces create the feeling of an interwoven "village" with almost no separation between indoors and out. With its soaring and unforgettably beautiful Lobby, legendary white Guestrooms, lushly landscaped Orchard, breathtaking Pool, the renowned Club Essentia wellness center and spa and stunning private beach, Delano epitomizes Simple Chic for a modern world. Delano offers seasonal packages and special offers including spa, breakfast and parking packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Delano South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delano Hotel Miami Beach
- Delano Resort Miami Beach
- Delano Miami
- Delano South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida