Delano South Beach Hotel
US$466
US$610
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$375
US$341
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$400
US$358
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$528
US$204
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$234
US$192
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$321
US$286
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$215
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$163
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$371
Orbitz.com
2,868 results
All reviewsrose barblue doorbianca restaurantsouth beachwhite roompool barpool staffwhite decorpool scenebeautiful hotelpool partypool sidehotel guestsrooms are smallpeople watchingbeach servicelincoln road
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

A read the recent reviews about Delano and am indeed very surprised. We spent 5days at the hotel in mid November and had a perfect stay in a clean and stylish room and through out the whole stay we where blessed with great service from the whole straff ie from a lovely check in experience, help with rental car etc- an extra hug to the pool crew who made our lazy days at the pool and beach truely relaxing while paying attention to our every need. Now while back in cold Scandinavia we're already dreaming of returning, so hopefully see you all at Delano in a near future!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Emmchen,
Your review is greatly appreciated and it is evident that you have embraced the experience we strive so hard to deliver. Please reach out to me at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com, when you are interested in returning, I would like to be your personal Delano aly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Arriving at the Delano is always a treat. There are few places we return to in the world, but this is our 3rd visit in the last year. Its true, some of the rooms are not the greatest considering the price, but we love the look. The lobby is the most stylish in the world and if you can't have fun by the pool then there must be something wrong with you. As for the staff, well Sheerley and the other Manager who's name I forget have always treated us like friends and dealt quickly with any issues that have arisen. Julia, at the pool bar has kept us chatting and laughing along with other guests long into the afternoon, and Laurie our server both this time and our previous visit is just the sweetest person you could hope to meet. Yes there are a few issues which could be ironed out, but there really is nowhere else to stay in Miami. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear jurassic79,
Thank you for your review. I happy to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your Delano experience and I’d also like to thank you for your continued loyalty. I will make certain to relay your encouraging comments to all the staff members you mentioned, and about the other manager that takes care of you, I welcome you contact me directly At Dwight.Palacious@mghc.com with their physical description so that I may inform them as well. Whenever you are planning to come back to Miami please feel free to reach out to me. I would be more than happy to handle your bookings.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed at Delano for 4 very forgettable nights last week and will certainly neither go back to that particular property nor recommend it to any of my friends. From our arrival to our departure, I strain to think of anything decidedly positive to say about it. We arrived at the hotel around 2 PM and asked the very polite and sweet girl at the front desk if a) she could check us in early and b) if she could give us the highest available floor. She said that she was happy to upgrade us to a deluxe oceanview room instead of the regular oceanview room we had, but that the room was not quite ready yet and would take maybe 20-30 minutes. (Here, I must pause to indicate that the hotel reservation site does not actually indicate the existence of these deluxe oceanview rooms as a category.) Fine, we said we'd grab lunch on the terrace and wait for her to call us when the room was ready. An hour and a half later (so at this point 30 minutes after the guaranteed check-in time), we checked back in with her. The room was still not ready, she said, but it was almost ready. A rather rude colleague of hers interjected himself into the dialogue to tell us that we could take the original room reserved for us on the 5th floor if we were so impatient. Since we were desperate for some quiet time (young parents taking a weekend away), we decided to wait the additional ten minutes. In another 40 minutes, she said that the room was still not ready, nor was another room on the 10th floor, but she could immediately give us a room on the 7th floor. Fine, we said, exhausted and eager to drop off our stuff. We went to the 7th floor room only to discover that it reeked of stale cigarette smoke. We called the front desk and reminded them that we had asked for a non-smoking room. In another 20 minutes, closer to 5:00, the "deluxe" oceanview room was ready, and we were escorted there. The room was barely cleaned. There were nut shells on the floor by the bed and a disgusting huge clump of someone's black hair clung to the wall in the shower's white marble.
I guess this experience would belong to the category of service-related issues. Of course, it turned out to be one of many. The other service-related issues included:
1) We called the spa to make a couple's massage. The receptionist took my name and number and told me she'd call me back within 10 minutes to confirm the time. It required a phone call from me, a phone call from a concierge, and another 2.5 hours for her to call me to confirm the massage. Of course, when the next day we showed up at the spa, having planned our entire afternoon around the appointment, another receptionist told us that there was no record of the appointment in the system, she had no masseuses available, and then sheepishly offered to book us a massage for the day after our departure.
2) The concierge, I kid you not, used opentables to check restaurant availabilities. In the 4 nights we were there they were unable to get us a single first-choice reservation or offer us decent alternatives. What 5-star property's concierge does not have a couple of numbers in his phone to call?!
3) When, fed up by all these issues, I finally wrote to the manager (the massage was especially upsetting), she offered us a late check-out. Seriously?! A late-checkout to make up for the screwed up reservation. And oh, she promised they'd make up for the bad impression on our next visit to Delano. HA!
4) We had left our housekeys in the hotel room. We discovered this while on our way to the airport and called immediately. The lost and found confirmed that they had the keys and offered to overnight them to us. This was Sunday. The keys arrived on Thursday, after I called the hotel about 8 times and was bounced about from lost and found to housekeeping to a non-existent department called shipping and receiving. They charged my credit card $70 for this.

The hotel is in dire need of a renovation and a decent cleaning. I wont' comment on the decor choices because I guess the beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the white transparent curtains hanging in the lobby were disgustingly dirty. The TV panel in our room was detached from the wall. The "deluxe oceanview" was of a roof with unappealing black patches of exposed tar.

We would regularly get stopped on the way to the pool and into our own hotel by various levels of security asking for proof that we were guests at the hotel. Seriously, one would think that this is a scene of VIP happenings on a daily basis, which it is not. Certainly did not make me feel welcomed.

The prices at the property are ridiculous. They charge Four Seasons' fees for drinks, for food, for services, for parking, and yet the services are more befitting a Best Western. To top off our miserable stay, the hotel next door was having some party our last day in Miami, and we eventually had to run away to side from the awful noise generated by it. I strain to think of a single positive impression, but lamentably I can't think of anything.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nabok_1
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Hello Nabok,

This is an incredibly concerning review. And quite detailed. I was present during the majority of your interaction with the front desk at arrival and I was made aware of the remainder of your inconveniences as they occurred throughout your stay. I'll only touch on a couple of your points specifically as I believe it's in the best interest of the property to give a sound retort to some of what you experienced. Before I get into it, I want to apologize to you. While Delano is clearly not a good match for your taste, we certainly could have, and should have gone much further to recover your stay and address your concerns.

In fairness, some of what occurred at arrival only became an inconvenience because we made arrangements for an originally unavailable upgrade based on your request for a higher floor. The deluxe ocean view room category is in fact advertised, described and available on our website. The reason you did not see it is because it was not available when you booked your stay. That category was completely booked. We made concessions based on your request and gave you a complimentary upgrade so you could have a higher floor. I'm sorry that the upgraded room was not available immediately. When you came to the desk upset that it wasn't ready, one of the managers at the front desk interjected himself. He was making an effort to let you know that your original room was in fact ready and available for immediate check in. I believe you opted to keep the upgrade at that point and were willing to wait the additional ten minutes. If the manager came across as abrupt or sarcastic, I apologize. I assure you that the impression you received was not his intent.

I have addressed the spa. The communication was unacceptable in that situation and there is no excuse for us to have failed to follow up with you.

Our concierge uses Opentable. Most concierges in Miami Beach use Opentable. It is a very efficient way to get a snapshot of availability in the area. I assure you that our concierges do have contacts in their cell phones as well... Our 3 concierges have a combined 40 years experience in Miami Beach. They are willing and able to make even the most difficult requests a reality if need be. In this case, what you requested was simply not available. I'm sorry that the offered alternatives were not to your liking. There are certain times throughout the year in which Miami Beach is inundated with visitors. Unfortunately, even with our sterling reputation here, there are some venues that are simply booked to complete capacity and cannot accommodate even Delano requests for specific seating times.

Based on the anomaly that you experienced here. I am going to leave the remainder of your review publicly unaddressed. I will add that the entirety of this review is concerning and it does not fall on deaf ears. Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

I am available to you. Even though you clearly indicated that you will not be accepting our offer to turn this around on your next visit, I want to leave that option available to you. Please contact me at dwight.palacious@mhgc.com. I'm happy to handle your accommodations personally.

Dwight+

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hotel Delano was probably trendy once, but surely not anymore! The room rates do not correspond to quality anymore.

Rooms are very small, unclean and not white anymore. Unfortunately, the same has to be said about the pool area. Above all, food and drinks are too expensive

But the worst is that the hotel has a big staff problem: While we were down at the pool (45 minutes) all our values were stolen out of our room. The hotel security made investigations, but let us uninformed. Miami Police found out, that a room key was used during our absence. Our belongings never turned up again. We did not get any apology of the hotel management, they did not even bother to talk to us. This is not a five star hotel service!

Speaking to other guests, we heard that burglary happens very often at Delano. And unfortunately, we have to suspect the staff. There is no other possibility, since only two staff-people knew that we were out of the room.

So our advice: Don't go to Delano! There are many more nice hotels in Miami Beach!

Room Tip: If, then only on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paola B

Dear Paola B,
Your review is extremely concerning to me due to the fact that I was personally involved with your particular incident, and have been up to date on this from the beginning. We coordinated and interrogated several departments and staff members in a very thorough and exhaustive investigation to look into your claim. I remember interacting with you directly and distinctly recall apologizing about this, so for you to say that you never got an apology from management, to put it simply, is untrue. Due to the sensitive nature of this situation I cannot divulge in to further detail; I hope you do remember that you were contacted and followed up with by hotel representatives once the investigation was concluded. I am happy to discuss this further but I feel that we have covered every angle in regard to this. If you have any new questions, I will be as responsive to that, as I was when you incident was initially reported.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed one in week in Delano. It was our second time and we really enjoyed it! Hotel has fantastic feeling. You are like in a dream when you wak in to the lobby. Rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast very good. Sunday bruch fantastic( remeber to reserve the tabel). Pool area "cool". Hotel beach has a good service. Staff is good and very friendly. Can´t wait to to go back!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends