I just completed a stay here while attending a 4-day work function and ... thank goodness that I wasn't paying the ridiculous tab!! If I had, I would have high-tailed it out of there only moments after stepping into the room.
Tiny bathroom?? Try to size you'd expect to find in a cruise ship's lowest level cabin. Moreover, they place inordinately expensive ($42) bottles of shampoo and conditiopublicner in the bathroom and every one of my colleagues was wondering if ANY of the cleansing products (even those in the shower area) were included in the room rate. They were but ... WHY ON EARTH create that confusion.
White room?? Not my design asthetic but OK. However, the floor is quite literally painted-white concrete! No rug ... no tile ... no "stamped" concrete! It felt like the floor of a community shower you'd find at a public beach - JUST DISGUSTING!
Food? It you see value in spending $32 for an egg, bacon and cheese sandwich for breakfast or $28 for a warm corn muffin - NO JOKE! Then, you'll enjoy this spot. We felt as if they took EVERY opportunity to rip us off and the coup de grace - when we asked the incredibly complacent folks at the front and concierge desks for menus from local eateries who would deliver to the hotel, we were told "no - we discourage your doing that"!!!!!
The hotel has one decent attribute - their beach is a lovely way to spend an afternoon. But be careful, if you think you and your spouse would like to share a "double" lounge chair - it will cost you $150 EVEN AT 4p and EVEN THOUGH you are forced to leave the beach at 5p because the hotel takes your seating away from you!!
The Delano was just the ANTITHESIS of gracious so our suggestion is ... RUN RUN RUN to the Ritz or the Lowes but DO NOT bother with the Delano at any cost!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Beach and directly on the ocean, Delano is the ultimate world-class urban resort and self-contained destination. Boasting America's first Indoor/Outdoor Lobby, the hotel's public spaces create the feeling of an interwoven "village" with almost no separation between indoors and out. With its soaring and unforgettably beautiful Lobby, legendary white Guestrooms, lushly landscaped Orchard, breathtaking Pool, the renowned Club Essentia wellness center and spa and stunning private beach, Delano epitomizes Simple Chic for a modern world. Delano offers seasonal packages and special offers including spa, breakfast and parking packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delano South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delano Hotel Miami Beach
- Delano Resort Miami Beach
- Delano Miami
- Delano South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida