My fiancé and I chose the Delano because we thought it would be the perfect place to pamper ourselves. We stayed for 6 days at the end of March. Although we were never told when we booked, when we arrived, we were informed that the hotel was having pool parties and if our Oceanview Room was too loud, we could change. We are from Manhattan and used to noise, so we thought it would be alright. However, when we went up to our room, it sounded like we were in a nightclub, the hotel next door was shooting off fireworks (it was 7pm) and the room smelled like mold! We switched to a city view room.
We were totally unable to use the pool at the hotel during our whole 6 day stay! To make matters worse, we were not even allowed to walk through the pool to the beach at our own hotel because, as we were informed by the manager, the hotel had RENTED OUT THE POOL space to party promoters! The parties started at 10am and went until 2am EVERY NIGHT for 6 nights. We were not told anything about pool parties when we booked. We knew the hotel had a party vibe and were totally fine with that, but these pool parties were full of college aged kids who definitely were not staying at the hotel and were crowding the space so that hotel guests could not even use the pool-- for 6 DAYS!
This was our engagement trip, and the hotel did nothing! My fiancé had the ring shipped to the concierge, so they knew he was going to propose on this trip. Not only did they do nothing to make it special, they nearly ruined the engagement surprise by bringing the ring up to the room after my fiancé had told them NOT to do that.
We went to the Setai for dinner, and they immediately brought us champagne and a chocolate dessert to celebrate our engagement. We asked if they had pool parties that week and the response was, "no, we consider ourselves a luxury hotel." Well, we should have stayed at the Setai. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, do not stay at the Delano. It is nothing special. I still cannot believe they did not tell us when we booked that there would be pool parties going on so that we could not even use our pool. The excuse was, "well the booking office is in Las Vegas, so..." Obviously, if you consider yourself a luxury hotel, you should take the time to discover the events for the week and let your guests know so that they don't end up in the middle of a college type rave party.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Beach and directly on the ocean, Delano is the ultimate world-class urban resort and self-contained destination. Boasting America's first Indoor/Outdoor Lobby, the hotel's public spaces create the feeling of an interwoven "village" with almost no separation between indoors and out. With its soaring and unforgettably beautiful Lobby, legendary white Guestrooms, lushly landscaped Orchard, breathtaking Pool, the renowned Club Essentia wellness center and spa and stunning private beach, Delano epitomizes Simple Chic for a modern world. Delano offers seasonal packages and special offers including spa, breakfast and parking packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Delano South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delano Hotel Miami Beach
- Delano Resort Miami Beach
- Delano Miami
- Delano South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida