“Great Experience!”

Delano South Beach Hotel
Ranked #46 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Just got back from the Delano. The staff was very attentive, and they went above, and beyond to take care of us. This was everyone from the: Valet, Front Desk, Falvio in Bianca, and Jeremy in the outdoor bar. I read all of the bad reviews, and please realize these are not accurate. They do not charge for half of the things that are claimed. Some pricing is a little high even for Miami beach. A Coke is $7.00 at the pool. I feel $5.50 for a coke is reasonably obscene, but $7.00? The food at Bianca is great. The hotel even smells great. The scent is amazing. Managing over 100 people in the hospitality industry myself I was very impressed with the training and hospitality of the Delano . We will be back !

-M Sutton

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Delano South Beach Hotel

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went to Delano hotel for my brothers destination wedding on the last week of June. Temperature of hotel was 78 degrees. No air conditioning! Room temperature never went below 74 degrees. Concierge lost our luggage and I had to go find myself after waiting for over an hour after checking in. No soaps to wash up while waiting for luggage. Curtains had holes. Shower head rusted and scummy. Shower door brackets rusty with broken grout. Stains on white bead spread. Ripped sheets. Broken table lamp. Broken luggage rack. Broken iron. Miserable experience. Hotel needs major update and housekeeping. Barely a one star hotel as it stands. No way a $400 a night hotel. More like $40.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert D
Dwight P, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Robert D,
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize about your Delano experience. The points you mentioned regarded the room imperfections have been addressed by both our housekeeping and engineering teams. It is unfortunate when our guest’s do not have the stay experience they were expecting and what you went through is not, by any means, typical of Delano or its service. I invite you to contact me directly at Dwight.Palacious@mhgc.com if you would like to discuss your experience further.
All the best,
Dwight

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I travel to Miami often as I live in Naples. I've visited the Delano and dined there several times prior to this trip. This was my first time staying at the Resort. I came last minute for the 4th of July holiday weekend. It by far exceeded my expectations (which were certainly high to begin with). Beyond the upscale décor and its trendy reputation of the place to be seen its truly a world class resort.

The staff was amazing!! They consistently took care of our every need and did so with highest level of professionalism. The property is beautiful as well as centrally located. I had a poolside bungalow which was certainly the way to go! The amenities are wonderful however unless the staff is as well it means nothing. The staff at The Delano was beyond exceptional. They anticipated our needs in advance, they fulfilled our requests and went above and beyond to make certain our experience at the resort was a pleasant & memorable one.

If your looking for a wonderful South Beach experience with an upscale trendy vibe and superior world class service and dining this is the place for you! I travel to South Beach and Miami often and have stayed at MANY of the surrounding properties, this hotel by far surpassed my expectations!!! I am very much looking forward to my next stay there....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

It´s one of the greatest hotel of Miami at Sout Beach, if you want to have glamour,nice people and trendy nights.
The rooms are good, the service very good and the restaurants and bars ok.
By night is one of the places you want to be in South Beach.

Room Tip: Try to get room pool view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ltonicha
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Don't open the soap. If you are used to seeing/using the little complimentary bottles of shampoo, bars of soap etc that you typically see at hotels ...you won't find it here. After using the restroom I looked for hand soap and saw a closed bottle of hand soap on a little shelf opened it and used it. Later noticed a tiny 2 inch by 1 inch card that said hand soap $25. All the other things were $25 also. Yes I complained and yes I was still charged $25 bucks plus tax. No complimentary coffee or coffee maker. No complimentary breakfast. No microwave but lots of snacks candy and liquor for $10 and up. This is a beautiful clean hotel right on the beach and within walking distance of almost everything.It has a nice pool and bar. Service was excellant...but for the
price of $399 and up a night
At least give me a cup of coffee. It was our choice to spend that much on a hotel because we looked at several others in the typical $130 to $200 range and most of them were awful. So be prepared to pay alot...especially on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank carcar0106
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here in early June 2014 for one night en route to Key West. The hotel is on Collins Ave which has a great collection of art deco buildings. The lobby area of the hotel was designed by Philippe Starck and is beautiful. You can walk from the front door of the hotel through the lobby and lounge areas and out to the back of the hotel where there is a restaurant and the pool, pool bar and gate directly onto the beach. We stayed in a beach view room. We were on quite a high floor and the view looked over the hotel roof, pool and out to sea. The room décor and furniture was all white with a designer twist. The pool area is great with loungers and bar service and music. We ate in the restaurant for lunch and dinner and it was lovely sitting outside overlooking the gardens down to the pool. The hotel staff are very helpful. If you drive here it’s worth paying the hotel for valet parking so you just hand over your keys and they park your car for you. South beach is white sand and palm trees – gorgeous. We didn’t see many children here, the hotel has a grown up feel to it and is probably more suited to couples and adult groups than families.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms recommended
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thebotleys
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I just came back from another great stay at the Delano in South Beach. This is an absolutely beautiful hotel, with stunning interiors, amazingly friendly and helpful staff and hands down the best pool in South Beach. Unfortunately I can no longer give this hotel a five star rating because they charge $15 per day for internet and there is no loyalty program. DELANO... It's really time for you to step into the modern age and stop charging for internet and develop some type of loyalty program that actually works. I have stayed at the Delano at least 20 times over the last 15 years, this was the first time in recent memory (at least 5 years) that I have not had internet and breakfast included, additionally I had to pay $10 to use the locker room to shower and change on the last day because I had a 6:00 pm flight (another first). When you stay at the Delano you know that you are going to be paying one of the highest, if not the highest room rate in SOBE, additionally its outrageously expensive to eat and drink by the pool all day ($20 cocktails, $10 beer, etc.), on top of that there is a resort fee. So... Why are you charging these fees? It feels wrong and I think I am going to be joining the movement of people who boycott hotels that do not offer free internet. Lastly, I have stayed at the Delano and other MGH properties to many times to count, I have had business meeting booking blocks of rooms at the Delano and several other MGH properties and was even married and had my reception at another MGH property (Royalton), I have never been offered a comp upgrade and I am rarely acknowledged as a repeat guest, its weird. I am platinum with Starwood and Marriott, gold with Hyatt, those brands all offer great design conscious hotels now and really know how to treat frequent guests, when I am hosting meetings colleagues do not want to stay at MGH properties because of the lack of a loyalty program and frankly I am treated better (not that I am not treated great at Delano) and often for far less money at other brands of hotels. I sincerely hope that Delano and MGH in general can step into the modern age by losing ridiculous fees and rolling out a legitimate loyalty program, otherwise it might be the end of a 15+ year relationship.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends