I have been waiting to go to the Delano for three years. I couldn't wait to go, a number of my friends had gone and loved it. I wanted to say our stay was unbelieveable experience, but it had its Pros and Cons.
-The hotel has a very unique vibe and style.
-They have a cool wall fixture on each floor that displays the current temp, weather conditions and a saying of the day. (Nice touch)
- Room was pretty.
- Pool area was nice.
- Staff were friendly and approachable
- Staff came around with frozen grapes, ice pops, little smoothies through the day around the pool and beach.
- Service - not great by the pool, it took a long time to get a drink. (the least amount of time was 20mins, sometimes took an hour.) Half of the time they would get the drink order incorrect. We are from New Jersey so we tip well and it did not seem to make a difference. I do not know if they did not have enough staff or what. I never had buzz cause it took so long to get a drink. Forget about the food and drink service on the beach, I asked the for a waiter serveral times with no luck any of the days. I had to keep walking to the hotel to order food and drinks.
We celebrated NYE at the delano and had a cabana. We saw our server 3 times the whole night. He messed up our drink order twice. We never bother complaining to the hotel about service, maybe it would have approved if we said something. But it would not have approved for the rest of the guests.
- Gym - Very, Very small. On basement level, have to walk to past the garbage to get there. Extremely limited equipment.
- No drawers in room to put your clothes aways, you literally need to live out of your suitcase.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Beach and directly on the ocean, Delano is the ultimate world-class urban resort and self-contained destination. Boasting America's first Indoor/Outdoor Lobby, the hotel's public spaces create the feeling of an interwoven "village" with almost no separation between indoors and out. With its soaring and unforgettably beautiful Lobby, legendary white Guestrooms, lushly landscaped Orchard, breathtaking Pool, the renowned Club Essentia wellness center and spa and stunning private beach, Delano epitomizes Simple Chic for a modern world. Delano offers seasonal packages and special offers including spa, breakfast and parking packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Delano South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delano Hotel Miami Beach
- Delano Resort Miami Beach
- Delano Miami
- Delano South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida