I got my room via Priceline, and worried that I would be treated like a second-class citizen for having done so. I arrived on a Sunday night, and was relieved to be given a room with two beds (something I couldn't request on Priceline) since I was traveling with my 16 year old son. The room we were initially assigned to was small, facing Collins Avenue, and had been freshly painted. Within seconds of entering the room, the paint fumes gave me a headache. I went back down to the front desk to request a different room, and was incredibly fortunate to interact with Mario, Assistant Front Desk Manager. He apologized for the paint fumes, and upgraded us to an oceanfront room with a balcony because he'd overheard me telling the first front desk person that the trip was for my son's 16th birthday. I can't tell you how much that gesture of kindness meant to me. My son was absolutely thrilled to have such a great room, and it made our vacation.
While I found the hotel rather sterile (I love modern and sleek, but this was modern bordering on cold) the people we interacted with couldn't have been nicer. From the housekeeping staff, to security (couldn't get our safe to work), to pool and beach staff, everyone was friendly and nice--honestly, unexpectedly so after reading some of the reviews on this site.
Thank you Mario, and all the staff we interacted with, for making our trip a special one.
I hesitate to even remotely criticize since we had such a good experience, but we are clearly not the target for this hotel. I was older by a good 20 years than anyone else, and my son was one of very few kids/teens. The pool area had very loud music, which I didn't like but my son did. And it was noisy at night because of the late night party-ers. But the beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was lovely (would've appreciated some storage), and the location on the beach was stellar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by famed British architect David Chipperfield, with landscaping inspired by the rich Matisse-like palette of the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, Shore Club shimmers with intrigue and sensuality. Anchored by the original polished terrazzo floor, the elegant furnishings are an eclectic mix evocative of global marketplaces—including relaxed sofas, hand-woven tribal rugs and large patterned throw pillows from Kenya that invite mixing and mingling. The vibe is lively, the atmosphere intimate, the feeling electric. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Shore Club South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shore Club Hotel Miami Beach
- Shore Hotel Miami Beach
- The Shore Hotel
- Shore Club Miami
- Shore Club In Miami
- Shore Club South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida