Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$283
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
The Betsy - South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$490
US$466
Official Site
  • Pool
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$457
US$409
US$424
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$341
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$253
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$234
US$227
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$204
US$528
US$329
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$390
US$371
3,743 results
All reviewssunday pool partysouth beachpool areapool staffgreat musicgreat poolocean viewbeach servicelong weekendamazing servicebeach accesslincoln roadlounge chairsresort feenobuterrazakenny
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Spent few nights with my wife. We truly had a good time as it was our first visit to south beach. We were greeted immediately and felt welcomed. Scene was fun all over south beach but we didnt have to go far because the pool was awesome. Waitresses and waiters were personable especially our blonde waitress from Ohio whom we fortunately had for several of our trips to the pool. We also enjoyed our dinner at nobu. Food was very good. We will return to the shore club hopefully sooner then later.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2011

Dear mnm_156,

I am happy to see Shore Club delivered a first great experience in South Beach! Thank you for your visit and appreciating our staff's service.

Let us know when you return so we can show you a great time, not only a good one.

Reviewed 15 April 2011

My first reaction at my room was of disappointment...small and sparse. But having just stayed at the Gansevoort's massive rooms, no wonder.

After the initial shock, it turns out the Shore Club's room was excellent. The sparse, minimalistic, clean and white design is great and for an allergic person like me, the lack of carpets was very welcome. There was a small work desk and also another desk with two comfy couch type seats. There was plenty of closet space in the hallway. The bathroom is amazing. It's huge with a shower and a bath tub. Plenty of space for your toiletries and the amenities were great. I really liked the stylish metallic towel rack. I ended up really liking the room and the furniture, nice minimalistic style. Another thing I liked was that the room stayed quite cool despite me not using the AC.

The bed was really great too. My balcony was almost over-looking the rum bar area, so I was worried about the noise, but once my balcony door was closed, it was quiet enough to sleep.

Now, I stayed here due to the night time action, but anyone could walk into the Sky Bar through the lobby, so it really didn't matter if you were a guest or not, which is different than what it was a few years ago. It does feel the nigh life at the Shore Club has died down a bit.

Another review below stated really well that the Shore Club is a high-end party hotel...very true. The pool area gets totally full at around 1pm with beautiful people drinking and it gets packed...relaxing this aint. There aren't that many sun beds and they are very close to each other, so you can forget about any sort of privacy. Just know that the music's gonna be pumping and it's going to be very crowded throughout the day. This is and adult's playground, not for kids. It was fun for a weekend, but that's all I could take.

There's a lot of non-hotel residents grabbing the beds and it got annoying, hotel guest should get preferential treatment. My biggest complaint was the pool bar/restaurant, which had crap service and not just for me. I waited for half an hour for someone to come and take my order, but the dude was busy taking photos for a bunch of girls and posing with them, instead of taking my order and bringing the check for others. I understand it gets busy (and the women were hot), I've worked as a waiter, but there was enough staff to wait the 5 tables (!) easily, but I'm thinking the people were hired for their looks, and not their customer service skills. Still, this happens everywhere on a bad day so I'm not gonna hate too much.

The pool folks were certainly better. Shout out to George who gave some great tips about clubs and did his work well.

The pool bar/room service food really wasn't special either, I expected better. Still, I have to give props to the room service as I asked for a cup of coffee with my burger, but they only have full jugs of coffee on the menu, but were cool enough to not charge me for the coffee, which was very much appreciated and good customer service, considering I did end up generating a pretty good room service tab. Thanks!

Wifi in the lobby is free, but 10$ in your room...but just log in in the lobby and that'll still work in your room for a while!

The folks at the reception, spa and concierge were awesome, very friendly and efficient. I enjoyed my stay and will come back for a weekend, but just be prepared that the pool is gonna be packed and noisy.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank RiotPelaaja

Dear RiotPelaaja,

Thanks for your in-depth review about Shore Club!

I am glad you felt our room was comfortable. With our decor, we try to provide a comfortable, cool, and not crowded environment where you can decompress and relax after a sunny day out.

With regards to our pool/bar area, chairs are given on a first come, first serve basis. Hotel guests have priority seating over non-guests on Sundays when the area is open to the public for the pool party. I am sorry it did not seem to be enforced while you were with us. I apologize as well for the delayed and unattentive service.

On the other hand, it is a high energy area and everyone likes to concentrate at the main pool and are looking to have a great time. We also have the beach pool and beach for those who would like to have a more quiet and relaxing day.

During the evening, Sky Bar is open to the public but our guests have priority and guaranteed access.

Thank you for recognizing George, reception, spa, and concierge's awesomeness and friendliness. Please contact me directly if you will be returning and I will do my best to ensure your stay goes perfect and we exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 12 April 2011

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay at the Shore Club. This was our first time here, although we've had many dinners at Nobu and Ago over the years. We typically stay at the Ritz when we visit South Beach.
We decided to try the Shore Club just to do something different. I've stayed at other Morgan's hotels so I'm familiar with the decor, vibe, etc.
We really had a great time during our visit. For full disclosure, the rooms are not the same standard as the Ritz, Peninsula, etc., but neither are the prices. Had we paid Ritz rates, I would have been disappointed. We had an ocean view suite and paid about half of what we pay for a suite at the Ritz. The bed was comfortable, bathrooms big and the balcony was very large. The hallways, common areas, gym, etc., were dated and getting worn down a bit, but agin, this is a beach hotel. For what we were paying we were fine with the accommodations.
The pool scene was great. Service a little slow but we had a great time. Just know that it's loud and trendy and people go a little crazy. If you're looking for quiet, this isn't the place. We were looking for a place that had atmosphere and this place is definately winning.
To summarize, the Shore Club is a high end party hotel. That's different than a high end normal hotel, like the Setai next door. This place is cranking all day, but it does so in an upscale way. If you're looking for luxury and refinement, this isn't the place. If you're looking for action but with class, this is the place. It's what we expected when we booked the room and it'e what was delivered. We'll be staying here again on our next visit. It's what South Beach is all about.

Room Tip: ocean view junior suite with balcony is a great rm
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank highstandards12
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Dear highstandards12,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very glad you and your wife decided to try us out and you had a great time.
You said it right. We take pride in being an energetic hotel with a cool vibe, that appeals to the young and young at heart who are looking for a vibrant atmosphere. Also, we do have the spa and beach pool for those looking for a more quiet experience.

We would love to have you back soon. Please let me know when you are ready to return and I will look after you both. Thank you for your MHG loyalty.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Wow! This place was definately NOT deserving of any stars! My room was filthy! Hair all over the bathroom. At check-in the staff kind of snubbed me since I had reserved a cheaper room on Priceline so I was not going to go back and ask if they could move me. I would think a 2 star hotel would be better than this one. The best thing about the stay was the staff was very quick to get a cab...so we could get out of there!!!! This is definately NOT where the beautiful people hang out.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Dear charlottedog,

I am sorry you were not pleased with your stay and the cleanliness in your room was not up to par. This is something our Housekeeping department takes seriously in order for this isolated incident from happening again.

Please let me know if you decide to give us another chance and stay in the future and I will oversee it.

Thanks,

Reviewed 2 April 2011

I got my room via Priceline, and worried that I would be treated like a second-class citizen for having done so. I arrived on a Sunday night, and was relieved to be given a room with two beds (something I couldn't request on Priceline) since I was traveling with my 16 year old son. The room we were initially assigned to was small, facing Collins Avenue, and had been freshly painted. Within seconds of entering the room, the paint fumes gave me a headache. I went back down to the front desk to request a different room, and was incredibly fortunate to interact with Mario, Assistant Front Desk Manager. He apologized for the paint fumes, and upgraded us to an oceanfront room with a balcony because he'd overheard me telling the first front desk person that the trip was for my son's 16th birthday. I can't tell you how much that gesture of kindness meant to me. My son was absolutely thrilled to have such a great room, and it made our vacation.

While I found the hotel rather sterile (I love modern and sleek, but this was modern bordering on cold) the people we interacted with couldn't have been nicer. From the housekeeping staff, to security (couldn't get our safe to work), to pool and beach staff, everyone was friendly and nice--honestly, unexpectedly so after reading some of the reviews on this site.

Thank you Mario, and all the staff we interacted with, for making our trip a special one.

I hesitate to even remotely criticize since we had such a good experience, but we are clearly not the target for this hotel. I was older by a good 20 years than anyone else, and my son was one of very few kids/teens. The pool area had very loud music, which I didn't like but my son did. And it was noisy at night because of the late night party-ers. But the beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was lovely (would've appreciated some storage), and the location on the beach was stellar.

Room Tip: Request a tower room.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2011

Dear dancer250,

Thanks for your review! I'm very happy to see our initial impression was changed and Mario helped put a smile on you and your son's face again! Thank you for visiting us for such special ocassion and I'm glad you recognized our staff's friendliness and attentiveness--and thanks for confirming it in person and not going by what some reviews say!