“Great Location on South Beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shore Club South Beach Hotel

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #60 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston
“Great Location on South Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

We spent 3 days at the Shore Club - its a terrific location. The rooms are modern and clean. The beach area was clean and well staffed. We ate at the restaurant Ago - it was very good. The reception area is a little crazy - I would suggest they use rope & stanchion to assist with the guest check in. The pool scene is really great - especially Sunday. The only challenge was sleep as the walls are very thin in the hallways and there were tons of people getting in after being out at 5am, 6am - you get the picture I am sure.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Njenk58
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2011
Dear Njenk58,

Thank you for your visit and your comments on our grounds and staff.

I'm sorry about front desk being somewhat hectic, it must have been a busy time. I am also sorry your sleep was disturbed by noise from other guests. It is difficult to control in an energetic hotel. We do provide sleep kits and sleep sound machines to those who are light sleepers. We are also taking other corrective measures that will ensure a more quiet experience.

Jennifer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

The Good:
Very Sexy Hotel. Beautiful setting for a real nice vacation. Great pool. Awesome spa.
The Bad:
Room service prices solely for the rich and famous.
Poolside prices similarly expensive.
Fitness center poorly equipped and poorly situated..
When are they going to do something already about Ago! The reviews don't lie. To say the food is ordinary is a stretch. For the prices charged all you get are heaps of attitude and little in quality. What was otherwise a four star stay was a sad disappointment. This is really an insult to my intelligence. Noting the lack of crowd there, they are leaving big bucks on the table.

Room Tip: Skip Ago and things will be great.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank smugdug
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2011
Dear smugdug,

Thank you for review and the comments about what you experienced to be good at Shore Club.

Room service, as well as bar prices, I agree could be somewhat steep but they are comparable to other hotels in the area. I am sorry about your poor experience at Ago, we certainly do not want any of our outlets to disappoint our guests. I have forwarded your comment to Ago's management

I hope you visit us again and we can truly show what many guests love and consider is great about us.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

We used Priceline to book a one night stay after returning from a cruise to the port of Miami. I know some friends who have stayed here before but really did not know what to expect. Upon arriving early, and expecting to have to wait a long time for our room, we had the pleasure of checking in with Latoya at the front desk who took our informtion and even upgraded our room. After being on a cruise ship for 4 days this was simply heaven on earth. The hotel is really cool and you can feel the vibe throughout the space. The pools are big, music is playing but not to loud and the people are all having a good time. The beach, did I say this hotel is on the beach, is the best with our own chairs and towels at no charge and beach food and drink service. Our room was large with two queen size beds but the bathroom and shower/bathtub was off the charts. I'm talking spa like experience in your own room. The staff was very helpful and attentive without being overbearing. Parking is expensive and so are the drinks but hey this is South Beach. We will visit again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank x1630s
Dear x1630s,

Thank you for your glowing review! It is rewarding we had a great first impression on you! Latoya was happy to read you recognized her graciousness and service.

I am glad you appreciated our well-recognized vibe as well as our spacious rooms with amazing showers, the pool and beach atmosphere, and our friendly and attentive staff.

Let us know when you will be coming next!

Thanks,

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

If you like spending the night in a tiny cement box with lots of ambient noise and a big price tag, this is a great hotel.

The rooms are sparse and furnished with cheap, errrr modern, furniture.

Floors throughout the rooms as well as the hallways are cement. That means that you hear EVERYTHING. They provide noisemakers in the rooms to drown out the persistent hall noise, but mine would randomly turn off and on, disturbing my sleep. At least the bed was comfortable and there were robes and slippers provided.

The bathrooms are large but dark. I didn't like that there were toiletries on the counter that were marked "for sale". If you are legally blind like me, you might grab a bottle as you're getting into the shower, sans contacts or glasses, and open it without realizing that it's not complimentary, and then end up with a fat charge on your bill. This felt like a sneaky tactic to pad the already inflated hotel bill.

I used the hotel fitness center and was disappointed. My brother-in-law has better equipment in his basement. The ellipticals (only 2) are so old that they creak, and the ceiling is so low that you'll hit your head on it if you're tall and in elevated mode. There are warnings posted so I suspect there have been a few mishaps.

I never saw service personnel to do anything other than check in or get my car. However I did see lots of maid carts and garbage in the halls, indicating that there are cleaning staff on premises. The pile of used condoms in a clear plastic bag was a memorable site. I'm glad I wasn't in the adjacent room while the prior occupants were enjoying themselves.

Upon checkout, I had an interesting experience trying to get my car. The valet let someone else drive away with my rental. Apparently nobody checks the tickets -- possibly because nobody speaks English as their native language. I thought numbers were numbers in most languages but perhaps I am mistaken. Luckily a bellman chased the driver down the street and stopped him. I was so glad to get out of this place.

Room Tip: What best room? they're just cement boxes.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank chicago_jaynedough
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

I have to admit that I was a little nervous after reading the reviews on this hotel. I remember a time when the Shore Club was one of the hottest hotels in Southbeach. Anyhoo...the hotel was chosen for me thru Priceline's
Name Your Own Price" bidding system, so I got our room for about $90 less than the going rate. I'm in my early 30's and went with my teenage daughter and the room wasn't bad. Yeah, the floors are concrete, but our room had a decent area rug under the beds. Although we did not get an ocean view room, overall I was pleased with the room. It was a little stark/cold in decor, but the room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, we had a nice flat screen TV, and the bathtub was huge! Noise was not an issue at all for us, I guess because our room was not directly by the pool. The pool area is awesome and the food by the pool was good! So, I wouldn't rule this hotel out by any means....great location, clean rooms, fabulous pool, decent price....what more can you ask for on Southbeach!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Dear epayne1980,

I am pleased you and your daughter enjoyed our property. Thank you for commenting on the different features our guest rooms provide and noticing we have placed area rugs in all our rooms to give some warmth and diminish the sounds echoing.

Our pool, one of the most known scenes in South Beach, surely captivates many.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

Spent few nights with my wife. We truly had a good time as it was our first visit to south beach. We were greeted immediately and felt welcomed. Scene was fun all over south beach but we didnt have to go far because the pool was awesome. Waitresses and waiters were personable especially our blonde waitress from Ohio whom we fortunately had for several of our trips to the pool. We also enjoyed our dinner at nobu. Food was very good. We will return to the shore club hopefully sooner then later.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear mnm_156,

I am happy to see Shore Club delivered a first great experience in South Beach! Thank you for your visit and appreciating our staff's service.

Let us know when you return so we can show you a great time, not only a good one.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

My first reaction at my room was of disappointment...small and sparse. But having just stayed at the Gansevoort's massive rooms, no wonder.

After the initial shock, it turns out the Shore Club's room was excellent. The sparse, minimalistic, clean and white design is great and for an allergic person like me, the lack of carpets was very welcome. There was a small work desk and also another desk with two comfy couch type seats. There was plenty of closet space in the hallway. The bathroom is amazing. It's huge with a shower and a bath tub. Plenty of space for your toiletries and the amenities were great. I really liked the stylish metallic towel rack. I ended up really liking the room and the furniture, nice minimalistic style. Another thing I liked was that the room stayed quite cool despite me not using the AC.

The bed was really great too. My balcony was almost over-looking the rum bar area, so I was worried about the noise, but once my balcony door was closed, it was quiet enough to sleep.

Now, I stayed here due to the night time action, but anyone could walk into the Sky Bar through the lobby, so it really didn't matter if you were a guest or not, which is different than what it was a few years ago. It does feel the nigh life at the Shore Club has died down a bit.

Another review below stated really well that the Shore Club is a high-end party hotel...very true. The pool area gets totally full at around 1pm with beautiful people drinking and it gets packed...relaxing this aint. There aren't that many sun beds and they are very close to each other, so you can forget about any sort of privacy. Just know that the music's gonna be pumping and it's going to be very crowded throughout the day. This is and adult's playground, not for kids. It was fun for a weekend, but that's all I could take.

There's a lot of non-hotel residents grabbing the beds and it got annoying, hotel guest should get preferential treatment. My biggest complaint was the pool bar/restaurant, which had crap service and not just for me. I waited for half an hour for someone to come and take my order, but the dude was busy taking photos for a bunch of girls and posing with them, instead of taking my order and bringing the check for others. I understand it gets busy (and the women were hot), I've worked as a waiter, but there was enough staff to wait the 5 tables (!) easily, but I'm thinking the people were hired for their looks, and not their customer service skills. Still, this happens everywhere on a bad day so I'm not gonna hate too much.

The pool folks were certainly better. Shout out to George who gave some great tips about clubs and did his work well.

The pool bar/room service food really wasn't special either, I expected better. Still, I have to give props to the room service as I asked for a cup of coffee with my burger, but they only have full jugs of coffee on the menu, but were cool enough to not charge me for the coffee, which was very much appreciated and good customer service, considering I did end up generating a pretty good room service tab. Thanks!

Wifi in the lobby is free, but 10$ in your room...but just log in in the lobby and that'll still work in your room for a while!

The folks at the reception, spa and concierge were awesome, very friendly and efficient. I enjoyed my stay and will come back for a weekend, but just be prepared that the pool is gonna be packed and noisy.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank RiotPelaaja
Dear RiotPelaaja,

Thanks for your in-depth review about Shore Club!

I am glad you felt our room was comfortable. With our decor, we try to provide a comfortable, cool, and not crowded environment where you can decompress and relax after a sunny day out.

With regards to our pool/bar area, chairs are given on a first come, first serve basis. Hotel guests have priority seating over non-guests on Sundays when the area is open to the public for the pool party. I am sorry it did not seem to be enforced while you were with us. I apologize as well for the delayed and unattentive service.

On the other hand, it is a high energy area and everyone likes to concentrate at the main pool and are looking to have a great time. We also have the beach pool and beach for those who would like to have a more quiet and relaxing day.

During the evening, Sky Bar is open to the public but our guests have priority and guaranteed access.

Thank you for recognizing George, reception, spa, and concierge's awesomeness and friendliness. Please contact me directly if you will be returning and I will do my best to ensure your stay goes perfect and we exceed your expectations.