“One of Miami's Finest.”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed at the Shore club while I was in Miami for business a couple of times. The majority of my business is in downtown, but I wanted to mix it up a bit. I will start off by saying that my first stay was not up to my expectations of a hotel the caliber of the Shore Club. After recommending changes to management, my second stay was much better and I noticed that the quality of service had definitely improved. Latoya at the front desk was very attentive and made sure that as a guest, I was happy with my stay.

This hotel is centrally located in South Beach, right in the midst of all of the action. It is close to tons of clubs and restaurants and is a few blocks from Lincoln Rd. The Shore Club is on Collins and the back yard of the hotel is the beach itself! The pool is great and one might find it hard to make it beyond the pool to the actual beach itself, which is right outside the gate.

The dining at Shore Club is amazing, with Nobu and Ago. The food was delicious. The bartenders at Nobu were top notch. They made great drinks and kept the bar extremely clean.

For the business traveler, Shore Club is a good hotel. The internet was fast and stable. The workspace in the basic rooms were kind of lacking, but the larger rooms had more than adequate workspace. The front desk was able to help with any of my business needs as well, such as printing documents.

I would recommend Shore Club to my coworkers and plan on staying there again. I will also definitely stay at the Shore Club when I am in Miami for vacation.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank chibnik
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2011

Deart Chibnick,

Thank you very much for your glowing review about your recent stay with us. I am very glad you granted us the opportunity to improve your experience. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Shore Club South Beach Hotel

Reviewed 22 May 2011

Ok, its an old hotel. Old swimming pool etc. But this is Miami, they call them 'art deco' :)
Rooms are good size and good enough. But its expensive! I was paying so much as it was, I went for the standard room. (Also May is one of the most expensive times in Miami)

At the check in: They said for $100 extra a day I can get ocean view, I said - no thanks. They then reduced to $50 a night. Then I said, fine go ahead, though it felt funny how she reduced the price half in a second. I mean, seriously... They just trying to find fools to steal their money. Most people staying here dont really negotiate clearly, dont seem so disinterested.

Nice restaurant, but so overpriced!
Sunday afternoon pool party is cool. But to be honest, after staying in Gansevoort and W, I can say the pool Gansevoort and W and the hotel as a whole, better than Shore Club.

Shore Club clearly used to have its high days in 90s.... but its over!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Çağlar K

Dear llturco,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not like our style and decor. Most of the buildings in South Beach have the 'art deco' style you referred to. However, Shore Club is a historic building from the outside, with a minimalistic and modern decor in the inside.

I would like to clarify our guests enjoy investing in their accommodations and vacation plans because it guarantees a certain experience at Shore Club with our property, staff, location, etc. At check in, if availablility permits, we would like to give options and make sure our guests are comfortable in their rooms and, of course, different room categories have different prices. I am sorry this came accross as trying to steal your money. We certainly do not see our guests as fools, as you called them. Our guests are well taken care of by our friendly and attentive staff.

I am sorry we were not the hotel for you.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Just returned home after a week at the Shore Club, South Beach. We had planned for a 11 day stay in Miami, but only booked the first few days. Since we stayed at the Shore club for a week one year ago, we figured we see if we could get an OK deal. And we did - we felt like we were welcomed back, and given a nice room.with ocean view (thanks, Will!!)

The hotel had made some upgrading to the rooms, with some more colour and a rug on the floor. This made for a much warmer feeling to the room. I liked it. Not too impressed with that you have to pay $10 per day for a 1 Mbs wi-fi...

Our room was at the 12th floor. One night there was a lot of noise (some partygoers going in and out of a room) in the hallway, and it carried pretty good into our room. But it is a hotel for a young crowd, and didn't bother us for a long time. Shower is huge, and rooms were well kept. One detail I appreciated was that my empty toothpaste was replaced with a new one during the daily cleaning. Nice.

We had breakfast at Ago each morning. The first few days it was a nice buffet, but that was only the weekend, I think. Food fine.

Pool area is just great. The Sunday we were there, it was a huge crowd having a party there, but the staff at the bar or helping with the towels were all smiles and appeared to enjoy the business. Shore club also has a beach area with pretty decent sun chairs. No charge for the chairs, but the umbrella is $ 16. All friendly people working there as well.

Garden area at night is very cool!

To sum things up a bit - I think the hotel is in a great location in South Beach, and it's clean and tidy. The pool has great vibe to it! Rooms are nice and beds soft. So the "infratstructure", so to speak is all in order, but what I really like about the Shore club is that all the staff working there are very friendly and serviceminded. They are the ones making us want to go back for another week...

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank J-Morten
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Tcb_jme,

Thanks for your superb review! I am very glad you noticed and enjoyed all the upgrades we have done to our guest rooms and I am happy to let you know that any hallway noise will be considerably reduced with our soon-to-be installed hallway carpets.

I love your summary about our property, ambiance, and most importantly about our staff's friendliness and attentiveness. They truly enjoy looking after our guests. Thanks for appreciating their efforts.

Please email me directly when you plan to return to your home in South Beach!

Reviewed 11 May 2011

Stayed there with a few of my girlfriends and had a blast! The hotel is beautiful, especially the garden and pool area. The rooms are a bit small but the shower is big. Hotel staff was amazing! Mark at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. Also, make sure you grab breakfast at AGO downstairs.

P.S. Sunday pool party is definitely the place to be!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Morin702
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2011

Dear morin702,

I'm glad you had a blast! Thanks for coming and appreciate our property, staff, restaurant and pool party!

Let us know when you will return to ensure you continue to have a good time.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

We spent 3 days at the Shore Club - its a terrific location. The rooms are modern and clean. The beach area was clean and well staffed. We ate at the restaurant Ago - it was very good. The reception area is a little crazy - I would suggest they use rope & stanchion to assist with the guest check in. The pool scene is really great - especially Sunday. The only challenge was sleep as the walls are very thin in the hallways and there were tons of people getting in after being out at 5am, 6am - you get the picture I am sure.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Njenk58

Dear Njenk58,

Thank you for your visit and your comments on our grounds and staff.

I'm sorry about front desk being somewhat hectic, it must have been a busy time. I am also sorry your sleep was disturbed by noise from other guests. It is difficult to control in an energetic hotel. We do provide sleep kits and sleep sound machines to those who are light sleepers. We are also taking other corrective measures that will ensure a more quiet experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2011

The Good:
Very Sexy Hotel. Beautiful setting for a real nice vacation. Great pool. Awesome spa.
The Bad:
Room service prices solely for the rich and famous.
Poolside prices similarly expensive.
Fitness center poorly equipped and poorly situated..
When are they going to do something already about Ago! The reviews don't lie. To say the food is ordinary is a stretch. For the prices charged all you get are heaps of attitude and little in quality. What was otherwise a four star stay was a sad disappointment. This is really an insult to my intelligence. Noting the lack of crowd there, they are leaving big bucks on the table.

Room Tip: Skip Ago and things will be great.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank smugdug
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2011

Dear smugdug,

Thank you for review and the comments about what you experienced to be good at Shore Club.

Room service, as well as bar prices, I agree could be somewhat steep but they are comparable to other hotels in the area. I am sorry about your poor experience at Ago, we certainly do not want any of our outlets to disappoint our guests. I have forwarded your comment to Ago's management

I hope you visit us again and we can truly show what many guests love and consider is great about us.

Reviewed 28 April 2011

We used Priceline to book a one night stay after returning from a cruise to the port of Miami. I know some friends who have stayed here before but really did not know what to expect. Upon arriving early, and expecting to have to wait a long time for our room, we had the pleasure of checking in with Latoya at the front desk who took our informtion and even upgraded our room. After being on a cruise ship for 4 days this was simply heaven on earth. The hotel is really cool and you can feel the vibe throughout the space. The pools are big, music is playing but not to loud and the people are all having a good time. The beach, did I say this hotel is on the beach, is the best with our own chairs and towels at no charge and beach food and drink service. Our room was large with two queen size beds but the bathroom and shower/bathtub was off the charts. I'm talking spa like experience in your own room. The staff was very helpful and attentive without being overbearing. Parking is expensive and so are the drinks but hey this is South Beach. We will visit again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank x1630s

Dear x1630s,

Thank you for your glowing review! It is rewarding we had a great first impression on you! Latoya was happy to read you recognized her graciousness and service.

I am glad you appreciated our well-recognized vibe as well as our spacious rooms with amazing showers, the pool and beach atmosphere, and our friendly and attentive staff.

Let us know when you will be coming next!

Thanks,