I really liked the shore club. The location is fantastic, the pool and grounds feel lush. The crowd is fun. Had a girls weekend away and enjoyed the hotel. My room was clean...there wasn't much too it...cement floors, sparse furniture, contemporary bathrooms. But the bed was very comfortable. Although I wasn't too impressed for the price, it is Miami and found it fair for just over $400/night given the location and proximity to everything you'd want to be close to.
The crowd at the pool was a mix of young party people and families. You need to get there early if you want a chance at getting a chair. The 2nd pool was quieter. There were plenty of beach chairs...being with a girlfriend, we weren't charged. But I think there may be a charge for guys for chairs. If you want an umbrella, there is a $16 charge to your room.
As for other prices in Miami, I experienced a little sticker shock even compared to NYC. On the beach, I ordered two drinks - a bloody mary and a vodka soda = $38 dollars. Later that day = a bottle of Voss water (medium size) = $15. The food at the pool was average for above average prices but it was convenient. Do yourself a favor and go to the store a block down the street for water before hitting the beach.
Besides that the bar area at night was lively, the music was good. I didnt eat at any of the restaurants at the hotel but Nobu is on-site...you'll need a reservation if you want to eat there because it books up.
Overall, it was a good stay but certainly not for someone that's trying to vacation on a tight budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by famed British architect David Chipperfield, with landscaping inspired by the rich Matisse-like palette of the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, Shore Club shimmers with intrigue and sensuality. Anchored by the original polished terrazzo floor, the elegant furnishings are an eclectic mix evocative of global marketplaces—including relaxed sofas, hand-woven tribal rugs and large patterned throw pillows from Kenya that invite mixing and mingling. The vibe is lively, the atmosphere intimate, the feeling electric. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Shore Club South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shore Club Hotel Miami Beach
- Shore Hotel Miami Beach
- The Shore Hotel
- Shore Club Miami
- Shore Club In Miami
- Shore Club South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida