“GOLD STAR FOR SHORE CLUB!!! :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shore Club South Beach Hotel

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #61 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Phoenix, Arizona
“GOLD STAR FOR SHORE CLUB!!! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stayed at The Shore Club, June 23rd through the 27th. This was my first trip to SoBe and I was a little skeptical based on the mixed reviews I read. I'm in my late 30's and took a trip with my cousin who is also around the same age- the last thing we wanted was to stay at a "college dorm" as one reviewer put it. TO THE CONTRARY, The Shore Club absolutely SURPASSED my expectations in terms of service, location, amenities, and cleanliness. Our room had an amazing view of the city, and we didn't hear loud noises of partygoer's in the hallways as others have mentioned. The pool/beach/outdoor bar staff were INCREDIBLE. Absolutely amazing service! They treat you like they've known you forever (BIG love to Justin, Tremaine, and the woman from KS- sorry luv can't remember your name! :( )

The location can't be beat. You do NOT need to rent a car. The hotel is situated very conveniently to Lincoln Road, Espinola Way, Ocean Drive, and of course, THE BEACH!!! :))

I guess the only drawback would be the amount of people partying IN the pool. Don't get me wrong- the pool parties definitely make for a cool vibe, but there were hella people in the water with drinks, cigarettes, topless, and God knows what else. Lol ;) I preferred hanging outside of the pool and dipping in the ocean, but that's just me. :)

Ahh Shore Club, thank you sooooo very much for making my first trip to Miami such a wonderful and relaxing experience. I WILL BE BACK!!!

XOXO,
Susan C.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Dear Susan C.,

Thank you for your review. You are the star!

Thank you for giving us a chance. It seems it was well worth it as we surpassed your expectations and your first trip to South Beach was a great success.

Thank you for your love and all our staff can't wait to have you back.

Jennifer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. The Shore Club hotel was chosen for us thru Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" bidding system, I have to admit after reading reviews about this hotel I had mixed feelings and prayed that we would experience the opposite because this would be a special vacation for us! My prayers were answered...we had the time of our life! Although we did not get an ocean view room,we had a newly remodeled room over looking the SkyBar (which has an amazing view at night), our room was clean, the beds were VERY comfortable,there was no noise issues...we slepted just fine! We loved the vibrant theme and atmosphere, The Red Room and the Sundaze pool party was fun,fun,fun. The Shore club is in a great location everything is within walking distance, the pool area is nice and the beautiful beach is literally right behind the hotel! Other than the 18% gratuity added to your tab,drinks and valet being a little bit pricey (but so is everything in SoBe) we were pleased with our stay!! We would mos def stay here again IF we can get a good rate!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank JoKhisMom
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
JoKhisMom,

I am very glad some reviews about us proved it wrong and you had the time of your life!

It seems that you took advantage of our well-known pool party, SkyBar, beach and were comfortable while resting in your room. Happy anniversary!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

I am never disappointed by a Morgans Hotel Group stay. I've stayed at The Delano and The Shore Club in Miami as well as The St. Martin's Lane in London. Gorgeous hotels with amazing service and always in the center of all that is best in that city. I am a thirty something New York professional in the fashion industry and I find that all of these hotels fit my own personal style and standards quite well. However, I feel that any visitor from any age age and any profession will realize how these hotels rise above the rest and offer as good if not better service, style, accomodations than the more traditional and stuffy old guard hotels.

My most recent stay was at The Shore Club which was my second time at the hotel in the past year. From the moment I checked in, I was greeted by a welcoming staff who made sure that every moment I was in the hotel, was a five star experience. The Shore Club is in an amazing location in South Beach. Right in the middle of Collins Avenue, I was a short walk to Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road, and steps from the beach (I prefer to stay at a hotel where guest services extends to the beach - an added plus to staying at The Shore Club. It's away from the tourist trap and crowded sidewalks of Ocean Drive hotels). The Delano and The Shore Club are both beautifully designed and ultra modern hotels which compliment the cool beach culture of South Beach. Not fussy or heavily decorated. It's fashionably cool, clean, sleek, and classic. I prefer The Shore Club as it has larger rooms, a massive lobby, bigger pool/garden grounds, and more of a resort type feel. The guest room bathroom is large and spacious and the bath amenities are top notch - Malin and Goetz! I've become a big fan of these products ever since my stay at St. Martin's Lane. The service is outstanding. Everything is done with a gracious smile and I found myself conversing and being greeted by the friendly staff every day - from the front desk, to the beach, to the gift shop staff, and to housekeeping. High quality of service is obviously the standard at Morgans Hotel Group. The most impressive aspect of my last stay is the recognition they gave me as a returning guest. All my requests were kindly honored and the service I had during my stay went beyond expectations because of it. I will from now on be a Morgans Hotel Group devotee to every city I visit that they have locations in and I see myself visiting the Shore Club again before the summer ends! Thank you Shore Club! Superb! Now please open up more hotels in more cities!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank stny_prep
Dear stny-prep,

Wow! What an amazing review. Thank you very much! It is truly rewarding guests like you fully embrace our concept and recognize how we strive to go above and beyond to offer our guests unique hotels with extraordinary service. I do not have much to say since your review covered it all about our brand and our property. Thank you for loyalty and we will see you again sometime during the summer.

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I was staying at the Delano, another Morgans Hotel up the street and decided In the middle of the night to leave the Delano and check into the Shore Club. If you are looking for great service and a fun time this hotel is worth it.

Thank you Shore Club.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank JRML
shoreclubmanagers, Guest Relations Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Dear JRML,

Thank you for your forever loyalty to MHG! We are always happy to have you with us and show you a fantastic time.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

The hotel is well designed, great pool area, and attractive rooms and public areas. There is a very lively pool party on Sundays. We were told that in order to get a lounge by the pool, we would have a minimum requirement of $600 bar tab at the pool area. This is while we were staying at the hotel. Yet the promoter allows non resident visitors into the pool area to use the facilities with greater access than hotel guests.

Inside the room is an array of items for sale - shampoo, CDs, food items, and more. It is like a miniature pricey convenience store inside the room, and a bit tacky.

The service at the rum bar by the pool was very good.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank The_Traveller954
Thank you for reviewing your stay.

Our well known Sunday pool parties are open to our guests and locals, being the only day for that area of the hotel to be open to the public. Chairs are available on a first come, first serve basis and the big beds have a minimun requirement as they fit a group of people, depending on the bed size.

We do have a small basket with essential items that might become useful during your stay inside our guest rooms. This basket is placed as a convenience. Many past guests have pointed they are glad they do not need to go far to access such items in other stores, but we can gladly remove it from your room when you visit us again.

Thanks,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

the staff here are really awesome - all of them. so cool, nice and helpful. they're always there where and when you want them, and never where or when you don't.

super fun pool scene just steps from the amazing beach. right in the middle of the acion. comfort of regular roooms varies but were all reasonably priced.

highly recommend bungalow #7 for a small group of partiers... get it sunday for the industry party and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank pjerome
Pjerome,

Thank you for coming with your friends and for complimenting our staffs' attentiveness! It was great to have you join us for a fun weekend!

I agree, our beautiful poolside Bungalows are one of the most fun and spacious guest rooms.

Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I really liked the shore club. The location is fantastic, the pool and grounds feel lush. The crowd is fun. Had a girls weekend away and enjoyed the hotel. My room was clean...there wasn't much too it...cement floors, sparse furniture, contemporary bathrooms. But the bed was very comfortable. Although I wasn't too impressed for the price, it is Miami and found it fair for just over $400/night given the location and proximity to everything you'd want to be close to.

The crowd at the pool was a mix of young party people and families. You need to get there early if you want a chance at getting a chair. The 2nd pool was quieter. There were plenty of beach chairs...being with a girlfriend, we weren't charged. But I think there may be a charge for guys for chairs. If you want an umbrella, there is a $16 charge to your room.

As for other prices in Miami, I experienced a little sticker shock even compared to NYC. On the beach, I ordered two drinks - a bloody mary and a vodka soda = $38 dollars. Later that day = a bottle of Voss water (medium size) = $15. The food at the pool was average for above average prices but it was convenient. Do yourself a favor and go to the store a block down the street for water before hitting the beach.

Besides that the bar area at night was lively, the music was good. I didnt eat at any of the restaurants at the hotel but Nobu is on-site...you'll need a reservation if you want to eat there because it books up.

Overall, it was a good stay but certainly not for someone that's trying to vacation on a tight budget.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank AP_Phoenix
Ap_Phoenix,

Thank you for visiting us! Girls' weekend are so much fun at Shore Club as you have plenty of options of lounging by the pool, partying at SkyBar, getting pampered at our spa or relaxing at the beach to keep your group entertained at all times.

Our clientele ranges in age, but we are the hotel for the young and young at heart and because of that we have the main pool with a more energetic ambiance and the beach pool with a quiet vibe.

As a clarification, we have similar pricing of food and beverage as other hotels in the area and we also provide complimentary beach chairs to all our guests, regardless of their gender.

Too bad you did not get to enjoy Ago or Nobu! Hopefully you can go when you return!

Thanks,