I was there recently with my husband and son to attend a wedding in South Beach. The actual wedding was at the National a few blocks up, but most of the guests stayed at the Shore Club, it being the bride and groom's favorite south beach hotel. The lobby is very dramatic with white filmy curtains that flow from the ceiling in clusters around white comfy furniture which are clustered throughout, making for private areas to congregate and chat. Our room, which was actually a junior suite, was in the back corner in a separate building recently added or renovated. To get to it you had to walk through the back of the lobby into the beautiful gardens, bar, lounge areas and restaurants, and beyond to the pools and private beach exit/entrance. walk along shaded koi pools filled with lotus blossoms, hook a left past deep couches and lounging sofas lit with soft hurricane lamps in the evening, through the bar/restaurant Nobu, and hook a right to the elevators.
Our suite was on the second floor, right above the bar, with a view of the pool. I was worried it would be noisy at night because this is a very vibrant scene, as I said. It was absolutely quiet!!!
Our room (294) had two bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi, one with a shower. The decor is very minimal, no artwork on the walls, floors are a cool sage terrazzo, cementy type material. The beds are comfortable, the linens crisp and white. The bathrooms are loaded with plush towels and high end shampoos and such. There is an "amenties" basket as well as honor bar, and you all know the name of that tune. Don't touch if you don't want to pay. Our son slept on a rollaway bed in the first room of the suite. His only complaint was that there was no light in the room, only the ambient light from the vestibule fixture. At night, with the sliding door between the two rooms closed, the AC was strong in his room, but not so much in the Master room. But that being said, it was adequate for comfortable sleeping. I like it cold, but it was fine.
The housekeeping staff is very efficient, we always came back to the room being clean. The staff overall is very friendly and accommodating. Above all, the location really can't be beat. Right in the midst of all the excitement and drama that is South Beach. I can't really be honest about the value of this hotel, because we had an excellent rate for the block of rooms the bride arranged for. For us, it was a fantastic value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by famed British architect David Chipperfield, with landscaping inspired by the rich Matisse-like palette of the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech, Shore Club shimmers with intrigue and sensuality. Anchored by the original polished terrazzo floor, the elegant furnishings are an eclectic mix evocative of global marketplaces—including relaxed sofas, hand-woven tribal rugs and large patterned throw pillows from Kenya that invite mixing and mingling. The vibe is lively, the atmosphere intimate, the feeling electric. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shore Club South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shore Club Hotel Miami Beach
- Shore Hotel Miami Beach
- The Shore Hotel
- Shore Club Miami
- Shore Club In Miami
- Shore Club South Beach Hotel Miami Beach, Florida