“Pretty cool but flawed”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #54 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure and privilege to stay here for two nights. I was also lucky to get a very large and clean room with jacuzzi bath (loved it) albeit with no view. Great place, great location and very good food with attentive service. The flaw was that the room was noisy, could every step and peep of people walking by.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dearest "Jens E,"

We appreciate your feedback but I do wish that you would have brought the noise issue to our attention while you were here so we could have moved you to a more quiet room... The next time, please let us know if there are any issues so we can resolve it right away!

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Write a ReviewReviews (3,610)

Reviewed 13 February 2014

As this is my 4th time visiting in 2 years and Im already planning my trip back in the summer, it is obvious that I think VERY highly of this hotel and its staff. I have stayed in about 10 other Miami Beach hotels and once I stayed in the Shore Club I have not gone anywhere else. What keeps me coming back and what is so special is the service and the staff. Yes the hotel is very nice, and the relaxing garden is once of my favorite places ever, and the pool is awesome, its the staff that really makes the difference. Since I am a returning guest I get treated very well, I appreciate the room upgrades and the complimentary Champagne. I truly makes me feel valued. Latoya and DJ at the from desk are ROCKSTARS!!! There is not enough that I can say about them. Richie, Luis, Henry, Ivan take care of me at the pool. I always look forward to the "welcome homes" from them. The entire pool staff is phenomenal and attentive. Every single staff member who you see or meet says hello and asks how you are. Its like visiting family. The Shore Club is a beautiful relaxing chilled out South Beach hotel without the pretentious guests and staff you will find at the other high end hotels in that area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dearest "Jennifer G,"

Bless your heart, honey! You know how much everyone at this hotel is crazy about you!! We all love you and consider as part of our Shore Club family! You are always a delight to be around and such a sweetheart. I'm so happy you had another fabulous stay :) I'm already counting down the days until your next visit! Sending you lots of love from Shore Club. xoxo

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I had a very short time to celebrate our anniversary and they made our time there very very special. It was great, they got to know why we were there and sent us a bottle of wine and chocolate covered straberries to celebrate our special day. Thanks for making our day so special!

Room Tip: The suites and ocean view rooms have a great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dearest "Jennifer B,"

Awww thanks so much for this lovely review! We loved having you here and glad you had such a great anniversary. Thanks for sharing this special time with us! xo

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The staff were really great. Luis, the pool bartender was especially friendly. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Terazza for breakfast each morning was quite good. Lunch served on the beach with cocktail service through the afternoon...perfect! Location is close to everything in South Beach. We are looking forward to a return visit...soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete L
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dearest "BigmanPete,"

Oh thank you very much for your fabulous feedback about our amazing staff especially Luis! He makes the most delicious and refreshing poolside drinks... Can't wait to see you again for another round! xo

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with colleagues over a long weekend, easy hotel to find and we received a welcome as soon as we stepped out of the taxi. Check in was simple and slick, advice and information plentiful and baggage was delivered in minutes of walking into the room.

Rooms are minimalistic but manage to carry style, I imagine its not to everyone's preference but they are very practical. The hotel provides lots of "did you forget" stuff, mostly chargeable like (condoms, headache tablets, sleeping tablets, flip flops, travel adapter etc.) which is a nice touch as I'd bought the wrong adapter with me.

The room(s) are a good size, great shower / bathroom. Plenty of clean towels, shampoo etc..

A good sized wall-safe, minimal wardrobe space though if your wife / girlfriend / lover has brought their "party gear" with them.

Within minutes of arriving at my room, I received a call to check all was OK. The service from reception was impeccable for the 4 days, 3 nights I was there.

After one night, I did ask to move rooms as my room was dead opposite an elevator and the noise from people waiting / talking / phoning and the "bing bong" from the elevator was just too much. The hotel was very busy that weekend ~95% occupancy, however they found me a replacement room away from the elevator and all was fine.

The Sky Bar (called Sky Bar because you can look up at the sky, although it is downstairs and not as you may imagine on the top floor) was nice and pretty cool. Although try and see the place in the daytime and then it makes more sense to you at night, as it is way to dark to work out what is happening. Cool lanterns, nice chairs etc and I found an efficient service from the staff (once they had seen you!).

The pools are great, although busy with many people reserving "sun beds" at ~7:30am and then not using them until the afternoon. The hotel should put a 30min to 60 min cap on on-unused sunbeds as it was unfair for many people who wanted to use them and may have spent more at the pool bar. The service around the pool was excellent, you are advised to hand over your "hotel" privilege card and you'll see the waitress / waiter more often.

The beach is accessibly through the back gate, no roads to cross and plenty of sun beds / towels on the hotels beach front.

The hotel catered for a real mixture of guests, young to old. Might be too noisy for people who want a quiet weekend as the pool music is pretty loud.

Overall I thought the hotel was great, service very good but you are also paying quite a bit for the privilege. I would stay there again.

I walked to Ocean Boulevard, shopping on Lincoln etc all about ~15 minute walk.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the lifts and main road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank OneWayorReturnPlease

Dearest "OneWayorReturn,"

Thanks for this super sweet and informative review about Shore Club! Sounds like you had a great stay and will be coming back soon to stay with us again! We can't wait to have you back. Sorry for the noise issue with your first room but I'm happy we were able to find you a more quiet room. See you next time dear!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at the Shore Cub the weekend of Feb, 7, 2014. The place was simply amazing!! The service was friendly, helpful, and professional!! I'm looking forward to going back for my birthday soon!!

MJ-

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank M J

Dearest "MJ,"

You better be back for your birthday so we can all have a big celebration! Party time! whoop whoop...

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed at the Shore Club with my boyfriend for my birthday last February. What I enjoyed the most was the decor of the hotel. The area around the pool, the courtyard, the main lobby, and the restaurant are all beautifully decorated. I will never forget sitting outside by in the hammocks enjoying a beer by the light from the cure Moroccan hanging lamps.

The room itself was okay. I felt it was sort of bare compared to the ornate decoration throughout the downstairs area. It was definitely not as cozy as hanging out outside. But, all in all, it was clean, comfortable, and practical.

The breakfast was AMAZING. I crave the variety of things available when I'm at other hotels. Seriously, it was everything I ever wanted for breakfast (omelettes, bacon, pancakes, potatoes, sausages...a complete, gluttonous American breakfast). Also, the breakfast area itself is beautiful. Was cool, casual, semi-outdoors and a great way to start the day.

The only things I didn't think were 'above and beyond' were the location & the pool-side service. The location is okay, but definitely not RIGHT in the middle of all the action. Maybe it's better that way for some people, but it took a decent amount of walking to really get anywhere (coming from a New Yorker). The pool-side service was slow...took FOREVER to get drinks, food, anything even with several, several reminders.

Overall, beautiful place to stay. If in Miami again, would definitely have this at the top of my list of places to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hillvry

Dearest "Hillvry,"

Well bless your heart! We sincerely appreciate your kind words about the hotel and so happy you enjoyed relaxing in the cozy hammock outside Skybar... come back asap for another yummy breakfast at Terrazza! xo