“Missing the Shoreclub Family”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #57 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Michigan
“Missing the Shoreclub Family”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Such a GREAT and most excellent hotel! I could never say enough amazing things about this choice hotel. Number one being the customer service! I miss my stay already & think back each time I go to people I have met there such as DJ & all the great staff who welcomed me back each time I went to work or even just got me a bottled water as I left to work! Of all the hotels I stay at each year- this by far is my favorite & my second home.
If you are looking for a great pool - spa- food and/or just a wonderful stay - you need not look any further! Cheers to Shoreclub family & hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: Room with a patio - brings such a wonderful breeze and peaceful nature to the stay!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dearest "BobbieMichigan,"

Well honey you know how crazy I am about you!! We love you to the moon and back! Getting to know you has been one of the delights of working here :) Can't wait to see you again soon dear... Lots of love to you xoxo

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sarasota
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from staying at Shore Club in South Beach. Hotel is in a great location, right on the beach and in a wonderful area of South Beach. Hotel was also great, as well as pool area, and the hotel restaurant known as Nobu…

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dearest "Trailerking,"

Thanks so much for your review! Hope to see you again soon! xo

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at the Shore Club 2 weeks ago with my girlfriend. From the time we walked into the lobby we were pleasantly greeted by the hotel staff. Every aspect of our stay met or exceeded our expectations. The room was very nice and the view of the ocean was out of this world. We had an amazing time at the pool party on Sunday and that was the highlight of our trip! A+ for the staff and the location!

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dustin M
Dearest "Dustin M,"

We are soooo happy we exceeded your expectations and gave us an A+.... Whoop whoop for us!! xo

Dublin
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights on a girls weekend. Arrived early and was pleasantly surprised to find the room was ready. Rooms was clean and a decent size with a modern Miami feel. Had a small terrace overlooking the courtyard. Enjoyed a fresh crab salad in their main restaurant. The waiter was friendly and helpful. While the pool beds are a little shabby they cover them with a clean white towel cover and give you plenty of towels. Jessica was our server for two of the days and she was excellent. Cocktails are small and over priced but good. There are two pools. The larger pool is more of a party zone. The resort is steps from the beach where you can reserve beds and umbrella (cost $19) food and drink service is available there too. Out third day service was extremely slow. Downside of the beach is they take the beds
away at 5, I would have preferred to stay longer at the beach. Mini bar is so overpriced like most hotels but there are stores nearby if you want to pick up water and snacks , etc. overall had a very pleasant stay. Restaurant waiters were very helpful. The hotel is within waking distance if other hotels, shops and clubs and plenty of cabs outside if you want to go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014
Dearest "emlmckenna,"

Thanks doll for posting this great review about your girls weekend! Jessica is an amazing pool server and she enjoyed meeting you. The beach service does close at 6pm due to the city policy and the chairs begin setting up at 5pm if they are vacant. If you would like to stay at the beach past 6pm, we do provide towels for you to lay on!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I endured a two night stay at this hotel and it hasn't been worth the money at all. The location is good, a few blocks away from grocery shops for supplies and right on the beach, however, this doesn't make up for the too-cool staff (you work at a pool bar, get over yourself!), the boarding-school-esque interiors and the overall feel that you're not wanted here.
I was overcharged at the pool bar and then treated like I was lying when I queried the bill, the hostesses hung around and were really rude when I asked for a towel and the woman on the front door looked me up and down with a sour look on her face. Not once did I receive a smile from any staff member.
I stayed in a basic room and it was so small. It was not functional at all and the view was hideous. I kept the curtains closed the entire time.
The wireless internet is pathetic and i had to walk into the bathroom just to get a signal. Not ideal.
Cleanliness is ok. Found a lot of hair that isn't mine on the floor and on the walls of the bathroom.
I dined at both the Setai and SLS and next time I will stay at one of those stunning hotels where I was treated like royalty despite the fact I wasn't a guest.
Good job at making your guests feel unwelcome, Shore Club!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MarloPerry
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

i had a lovely stay with my mother there. we stayed for a couple of days the service was very attentive, our laggage got lost at the airport and it was delivered the following day at the hotel, the staff made sure we got it straight away. the only minor pitfall was the breakfast - poor value for money as the variety of food was not up to the standard of the hotel. Nice to go there once but i am not sure whether i d like to go back. the room was nice but basic nothing to be too impressed about.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dearest "Alessandra V,"

We appreciate your feedback and happy you both had a lovely stay! Our prices are in comparison to every other boutique hotel right on the beach. I apologize you felt our breakfast was a let down... we get so many compliments on our famous lemon ricotta pancakes and eggs benedict!

Tortoli, Italy
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Upon check in the staff was very cold. No smile, welcome, talk of pool, beach or amenities. Almost like I was bothering them by being there. When I got to my second floor room I had difficulty finding it, even though it was right across from the elevator due to the very dim lighting. The dimness carried into the bathroom which made getting ready problematic. The room did not have a full length mirror. Just one small one over the bathroom sink. The bed was not only sporting low grade linens but the mattress and pillows made for a hard night of restless rest. The floor was also bothersome, made to look and feel like concrete. Nothing too comfortable here. Also beware example: they have Tylenol in your room if you are in need but it will cost you over $20. The view while not the most expensive room, resembled that of a low grade no tell motel sporting a large rusty air unit that stared me in the face upon opening the curtains. Spend less money for much more comfort and kindness elsewhere.
Will be posting photos.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Sfumato79
Dear "Sfumato79,"

I am so sorry to hear all of this.... please reach out to me dj.hicks@mhgc.com so I can look further into your reservation and follow up. This is not how we want our guests to feel after leaving the hotel. Please contact me as soon as possible in regards to your stay!