“Average overpriced small rooms”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Really disappointed in my stay at the Shore Club. The valet and pool staff are rude. The Front desk staff are wonderful. But at the price we were paying, we expected a much more consistent level of service. The rooms are very small with ugly decor. The floors look like cement and the beds/furniture look like IKEA products.

The one saving grace is the Pool Party on Sundays. Despite the overpriced drinks I had a blast. Probably won't stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greg M
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dearest "Greg M,"

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the valet and pool staff. This review has been addressed to them and we sincerely apologize. However, we are happy to hear that you loved our Sunday pool party and thought the front desk staff was wonderful!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Shore Club Hotel used to be a great place to hang in Miami -or so I hear from friends. My experience with it?
--Staff at the reception: what an attitude! A couple of girls in their early 20s acting as they owned the place.
--Lobby, gardens, pool area: awesome.
--Pool: water dirty, not chlorinated (almost AT ALL), which resulted in a corneal ulcer with bacterial infection (i.e. bad bad eye infection) of my left eye, end my visit in Miami with a 4-hour visit at an Eye Center, now looking for a cornea specialist to make sure i do not loos my vision, while I administer myself antibiotic eye drops every hour.
For a place that they charge you $15 for half a portion of a drink in a plastic glass by the pool, you would expect that the water would be clean enough to not get a serious eye infection out of nowhere....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dionysisGR
Jesper_Sorensen, Hotel Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Good Afternoon, Dionysis
I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Shore Club. I do understand your concern with the pool cleanliness but, rest assured we take considerable measures to ensure that our guests enjoy a safe and enjoyable experience while in it. We have a pool technician that not only cleans it daily, but takes ph/chlorine samples twice a day. After hearing of your dissatisfaction, I not only reviewed the technician's reports for the duration of your stay but I have also called their company headquarters to ensure the readings were within approved specifications. After a full investigation we are confident that our chlorine levels in the pool are perfectly normal thus with 100% certainty can conclude that the source of your eye infection was not as a result of the pool at Shore Club. I sincerely hope that your situation improves and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Such a GREAT and most excellent hotel! I could never say enough amazing things about this choice hotel. Number one being the customer service! I miss my stay already & think back each time I go to people I have met there such as DJ & all the great staff who welcomed me back each time I went to work or even just got me a bottled water as I left to work! Of all the hotels I stay at each year- this by far is my favorite & my second home.
If you are looking for a great pool - spa- food and/or just a wonderful stay - you need not look any further! Cheers to Shoreclub family & hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: Room with a patio - brings such a wonderful breeze and peaceful nature to the stay!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dearest "BobbieMichigan,"

Well honey you know how crazy I am about you!! We love you to the moon and back! Getting to know you has been one of the delights of working here :) Can't wait to see you again soon dear... Lots of love to you xoxo

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from staying at Shore Club in South Beach. Hotel is in a great location, right on the beach and in a wonderful area of South Beach. Hotel was also great, as well as pool area, and the hotel restaurant known as Nobu…

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dearest "Trailerking,"

Thanks so much for your review! Hope to see you again soon! xo

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at the Shore Club 2 weeks ago with my girlfriend. From the time we walked into the lobby we were pleasantly greeted by the hotel staff. Every aspect of our stay met or exceeded our expectations. The room was very nice and the view of the ocean was out of this world. We had an amazing time at the pool party on Sunday and that was the highlight of our trip! A+ for the staff and the location!

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dustin M

Dearest "Dustin M,"

We are soooo happy we exceeded your expectations and gave us an A+.... Whoop whoop for us!! xo

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights on a girls weekend. Arrived early and was pleasantly surprised to find the room was ready. Rooms was clean and a decent size with a modern Miami feel. Had a small terrace overlooking the courtyard. Enjoyed a fresh crab salad in their main restaurant. The waiter was friendly and helpful. While the pool beds are a little shabby they cover them with a clean white towel cover and give you plenty of towels. Jessica was our server for two of the days and she was excellent. Cocktails are small and over priced but good. There are two pools. The larger pool is more of a party zone. The resort is steps from the beach where you can reserve beds and umbrella (cost $19) food and drink service is available there too. Out third day service was extremely slow. Downside of the beach is they take the beds
away at 5, I would have preferred to stay longer at the beach. Mini bar is so overpriced like most hotels but there are stores nearby if you want to pick up water and snacks , etc. overall had a very pleasant stay. Restaurant waiters were very helpful. The hotel is within waking distance if other hotels, shops and clubs and plenty of cabs outside if you want to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dearest "emlmckenna,"

Thanks doll for posting this great review about your girls weekend! Jessica is an amazing pool server and she enjoyed meeting you. The beach service does close at 6pm due to the city policy and the chairs begin setting up at 5pm if they are vacant. If you would like to stay at the beach past 6pm, we do provide towels for you to lay on!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I endured a two night stay at this hotel and it hasn't been worth the money at all. The location is good, a few blocks away from grocery shops for supplies and right on the beach, however, this doesn't make up for the too-cool staff (you work at a pool bar, get over yourself!), the boarding-school-esque interiors and the overall feel that you're not wanted here.
I was overcharged at the pool bar and then treated like I was lying when I queried the bill, the hostesses hung around and were really rude when I asked for a towel and the woman on the front door looked me up and down with a sour look on her face. Not once did I receive a smile from any staff member.
I stayed in a basic room and it was so small. It was not functional at all and the view was hideous. I kept the curtains closed the entire time.
The wireless internet is pathetic and i had to walk into the bathroom just to get a signal. Not ideal.
Cleanliness is ok. Found a lot of hair that isn't mine on the floor and on the walls of the bathroom.
I dined at both the Setai and SLS and next time I will stay at one of those stunning hotels where I was treated like royalty despite the fact I wasn't a guest.
Good job at making your guests feel unwelcome, Shore Club!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo