“Comfortable Fun Beach Hotel”

Shore Club South Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Comfortable Fun Beach Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding so I got a killer rate. In addition to the great rate they didn't charge me for my room upgrade, which was a nice surprise. Anyway, about the property. First, I've got to mention the incredible friendliness of the entire staff. Everyone was very friendly. Every employee I encountered, even in passing had a friendly greeting.

The room, after asking for an upgrade, was fantastic for a standard hotel room. It was on the top floor of the old building and it was a corner room with an outstanding view of the pools and ocean. Frankly I was a bit surprised at how nice and comfortable it was. It had a large balcony with cozy furniture. But the view, the view was just amazing. I've stayed at countless hotels mostly at the higher end of the price spectrum, but I have rarely felt so immediately comfortable and thoroughly pleased with a room. As soon as I walked in, I loved the room. believe me, this virtually never happens to me, much to the consternation and frustration of the front desk staffs around the country.

After getting situated, I went to the pool bar which sits between two pools and it was again very comfortable. The bar staff was friendly and attentive. They had a DJ playing music a bit too loud, but not annoyingly so. Some friends joined me at the bar and we had a great afternoon.

Room Tip: The corner rooms on the top floor of the old tower are wonderful. Not too big, but not too small.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dearest "Michael W,"

Well bless your heart! We love that you enjoyed your comfortable room so much! They are all very cozy and chic. Please come back again soon for another fantastic stay :)

Dorothy Jean "DJ"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for my birthday. My boyfriend surprised me with a getaway trip for 5 days. This hotel is great if you want quiet with your significant other or if you are with friends and want to "turn up". Hotel rooms are very clean, pool nice, walk out the back of hotel and you are right on the beach. If you want to be in the mix and don't mind walking it's about 8 blocks to all restaurants. Short walk to Lincoln blvd. The only negative if anything is pool upkeep and that is because tree leaves (that is a positive because you are going to want shade) fall in pool. Pool side drinks and food quite expensive but good! Will stay here again

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kayeann C
Dearest "Kayeann C,"

Happy late Birthday! Glad that your boyfriend surprised you for a weekend getaway.. what a sweetie. Tell your boyfriend to surprise you again with a another trip to Shore Club ;)

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Really disappointed in my stay at the Shore Club. The valet and pool staff are rude. The Front desk staff are wonderful. But at the price we were paying, we expected a much more consistent level of service. The rooms are very small with ugly decor. The floors look like cement and the beds/furniture look like IKEA products.

The one saving grace is the Pool Party on Sundays. Despite the overpriced drinks I had a blast. Probably won't stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greg M
Dearest "Greg M,"

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with the valet and pool staff. This review has been addressed to them and we sincerely apologize. However, we are happy to hear that you loved our Sunday pool party and thought the front desk staff was wonderful!

Kind Regards,
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Shore Club Hotel used to be a great place to hang in Miami -or so I hear from friends. My experience with it?
--Staff at the reception: what an attitude! A couple of girls in their early 20s acting as they owned the place.
--Lobby, gardens, pool area: awesome.
--Pool: water dirty, not chlorinated (almost AT ALL), which resulted in a corneal ulcer with bacterial infection (i.e. bad bad eye infection) of my left eye, end my visit in Miami with a 4-hour visit at an Eye Center, now looking for a cornea specialist to make sure i do not loos my vision, while I administer myself antibiotic eye drops every hour.
For a place that they charge you $15 for half a portion of a drink in a plastic glass by the pool, you would expect that the water would be clean enough to not get a serious eye infection out of nowhere....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dionysisGR
Jesper_Sorensen, Hotel Manager at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Good Afternoon, Dionysis
I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Shore Club. I do understand your concern with the pool cleanliness but, rest assured we take considerable measures to ensure that our guests enjoy a safe and enjoyable experience while in it. We have a pool technician that not only cleans it daily, but takes ph/chlorine samples twice a day. After hearing of your dissatisfaction, I not only reviewed the technician's reports for the duration of your stay but I have also called their company headquarters to ensure the readings were within approved specifications. After a full investigation we are confident that our chlorine levels in the pool are perfectly normal thus with 100% certainty can conclude that the source of your eye infection was not as a result of the pool at Shore Club. I sincerely hope that your situation improves and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Such a GREAT and most excellent hotel! I could never say enough amazing things about this choice hotel. Number one being the customer service! I miss my stay already & think back each time I go to people I have met there such as DJ & all the great staff who welcomed me back each time I went to work or even just got me a bottled water as I left to work! Of all the hotels I stay at each year- this by far is my favorite & my second home.
If you are looking for a great pool - spa- food and/or just a wonderful stay - you need not look any further! Cheers to Shoreclub family & hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: Room with a patio - brings such a wonderful breeze and peaceful nature to the stay!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dorothy Jean H, Shore Club Genie at Shore Club South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dearest "BobbieMichigan,"

Well honey you know how crazy I am about you!! We love you to the moon and back! Getting to know you has been one of the delights of working here :) Can't wait to see you again soon dear... Lots of love to you xoxo

Sarasota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from staying at Shore Club in South Beach. Hotel is in a great location, right on the beach and in a wonderful area of South Beach. Hotel was also great, as well as pool area, and the hotel restaurant known as Nobu…

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dearest "Trailerking,"

Thanks so much for your review! Hope to see you again soon! xo

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at the Shore Club 2 weeks ago with my girlfriend. From the time we walked into the lobby we were pleasantly greeted by the hotel staff. Every aspect of our stay met or exceeded our expectations. The room was very nice and the view of the ocean was out of this world. We had an amazing time at the pool party on Sunday and that was the highlight of our trip! A+ for the staff and the location!

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dustin M
Dearest "Dustin M,"

We are soooo happy we exceeded your expectations and gave us an A+.... Whoop whoop for us!! xo