I used to stay at the Fontainebleau years ago when it was a Hilton property and stopped because the service was so terrible and the staff were so rude. This was my first time back at the Fontainebleau since the renovations and not being a Hilton hotel and I can honestly say (with the exception of one scenario) that this was the absolute best hotel experience I have ever had (and I travel a lot!!). It started with Olivia Roberts who checked us in and she was welcoming, friendly and when I asked if it was possible to be in a quiet room away from an elevator, she very professionally and beyond my wildest expectations took care of me by giving me the best hotel room I have ever had. I will return to this hotel just because of her exceptional service. Our room was super clean and comfortable and it MADE our stay in Miami perfect. I had a car valet-parked and the valet staff were exceptional -- professional, friendly and incredibly efficient. Our stay was so amazing at the Fontainebleau that we hated to leave and can't wait to return -- we will only stay here now when we travel to Miami!!! The only complaint we have was that service at the pool was not great. It took forever to get waiters and although the hotel has a policy that guests are not allowed to claim chairs for longer than an hour when they are not physically using them, it was very common for people to have claimed chairs (by placing towels, flipflops, books on a chair) and then they would disappear for hours which meant other guests couldn't get a pool chair. There were six of us one day wanting to spend a day at the pool and two young ladies had 8 pool chairs tied up with their stuff....when we asked if they were using the chairs one said "no" and offered them to us while the other quickly jumped in and said that they were saving them for friends who had yet to arrive at the hotel. After 2 hours we mentionned this to one of the pool deck staff (because we still needed pool chairs and were 6 people sharing 3 chairs) who was extremely rude to us and told us that the chairs were being used by people who were in the pool (which was not the case as these two ladies had already told us that their friends weren't even at the hotel yet)....this same person (when my 10-year-old-son went to get a dry pool towel from the bin) very rudely snatched the towel from my son's hand and told him he couldn't have the towel. We watched these two ladies all day and after hanging onto 8 (EIGHT!!!!) prime pool chairs all day, their friends never showed up...so they tied up 8 chairs for an entire day for two people while others went without. This actually ruined our day at the pool. Other than this one incident, our stay was perfect and the staff were all extremely professional, helpful, friendly and courteous. I would suggest a more enforced policy around people claiming pool chairs that aren't being used -- only suggestion for improvement. Our stay was truly unforgettable in a perfect way and we will now be lifelong Fontainebleau customers!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Florida