“Excellent Miami Choice”

Ranked #45 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent Miami Choice”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The Fontainebleau held up to its reputation as five star excellence. The bars, spa, restaurants and oh my the pools... were all fabulous. There is also a very good club in the hotel which had a great concert while I was there. My only comment that would not put it at five stars was the room.... I expected an exceptional room at such a fabulous hotel, yet it was not nearly as nice as others I have stayed at. It was simple and small. The bathroom was extremely small and you had to have the door shut to get into the shower. It did have an apple computer for use in the room though, which was very nice. Otherwise, since you won't stay in the room much it probably isn't a huge problem.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Fontainebleau. We anticipate your next visit very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here for a conference, the hotel kind of reminds me of a hopping Las Vegas resort (e.g. Red Rocks, Hard Rock Hotel, etc.), a lively vibe, lots of people, very active (and loud) at night - just substitute the beach for the casino. It looks like a lot of locals come here at night to hit the club/lobby bar. The location is terrific, bay on one side, ocean on the other, 10 min. from South Beach and maybe 15-20 from downtown. I didn't make it to the club or lounge bar, so I can't comment on the issues that other posters found.

The rooms were beautiful and large, with an in-house iMac in each room. Wireless was reliable and quick (and free). Beds were comfy, service was friendly and prompt. About the only complaint is the cost - the steakhouse will set you back a minimum of $100 a person (and likely more), a cappuccino & cookie at the coffee shop ran me $10. I paid $30 to have a quesidilla delivered to my room. The rooms were also in need of a good scrubbing, with stains on the carpets and couch.

Bottom line - a good place for nightlife, conferences, or an "adults-only" trip to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: i had a huge handicapped accessible room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The Fountainebleau is by far one of the nicest hotels I have ever visited. The property is perfection and the pool area and facilities are the best of the best. This is certainy a very expensive hotel. My only complaint is that there is an extra fee to use the gym. However, the boardwalk is a great place for a run.

1 Thank MelissaL81
Amazing! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your next visit at Fontainebleau.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Recently my friends and I rented a cabana poolside at the FontaineBleau. We couldn't have been more pleased with our experience! Miguel attended to our group and was always one step ahead with our needs. He made the great experience even more memorable. The hotel is wonderful but I give Miguel 5 Stars!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Wow. We are thrilled you enjoyed and shared your experience at Fontainebleau. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I absolutely loved this hotel! We stayed on the 25th Floor and our room was a corner room with an amazing view of the beach and pool and Collins Ave on the right. Everyone was very nice the service was great. They cleaned our room every day on time. The pool is fantastic, its a lot fo fun and the musisc there is great! We had lunch by the pool at La Cote, and the food was great and so was the music. The crowds are great, there are families and younger groups of people, but not one of those Miami hotel pools where everyone is wasted and sloppy by the pool acting annoying. Much classier than the other Miami hotels I've stayed at. The private beach area is great..the only complaint is for the money people spend to stay there, they still charge you for umbrellas and cabanas, although the chairs are free.

They have a beautiful boutique that sells gorgeous dresses (Herve Leger, Missoni, etc) So obviously if you're willing to spend the money, you can find amazing outfits there. They also have a bakery that we bought delicious cupcakes at! We had breakfast one morning which was good, but not worth spending 70 bucks for two people for some croissants and orange juice. WE also had dinner at Blade which is the sushi restuarant there. The sushi was good and bellinins are great at this hotel FYI.

The lobby is bittersweet. It is absolutely gorgeous and the chandeliers are breathtaking! There are many couches to lounge at at night and have drinks, and the music is good coming from the blue lounge (it is literally blue, the floor lights up) The bitter part is that LIV nightclub entrance is through this lobby so you literally get packs and crowds of people waiting to get in and they fill up the lobby. My boyfriend and I were drinking champagne on one of the lounge couches and next thing you know we looked up and we were surrounded by loads of people (mostly girls in way too tight dresses-haha) But it is fun and if youre in the party mood it gets great and LIV is a fun and beautiful place inside (especially if you get a table).

My stay was awesome and I loved this hotel, it made my trip to Miami this time even more enjoyable!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnaAlexKC
Wow. Thank you for the gracious compliments. I look forward to sharing with the entire Fontainebleau team. Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to your next visit to Miami.
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I recently stayed at Fontainebleau for a long weekend. During my stay i rented a pool cabana for a couple of days in a row. I cannot say enough good things regarding the personal service. The staff was very attentive and professional. One young man in particular went above and beyond to make things especially nice. His name is Miguel Zamora. Miguel was the attendant at my cabana both days and was so helpful with all requests. He was even able to secure me a table at Liv, the world famous dance club that is at the Fontainebleau. He is the quintessential employee!! From extra towels to making sure the cocktails were just right, he never disappointed. The management should never let this guy get away from them.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you very much for you feedback. I look forward to sharing with the Fontainebleau team. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I went here for a conference and there is no denying that it is a nice hotel. Rooms are big, clean and comfortable. Big bathroom with both bathtub and shower. The thing is just that everything is too expensive. We went down to the beach and even if we would only stay for an hour they charged us the same price as for a full day. Two sunbeds came to 36 USD... I can think of a lot of hotels which wouldn't even ask the guests to pay fror sunbeds on their beach... The day we left we wanted to stay by the pool for a couple of hours before heading off to the airport. We asked whether we could take ma quick shower before leaving for the airport, and the only option was to pay the entrance fee to the spa - 35 USD pp. I thought that was really a bit too much. It sure feels like they are doing everything they can do earn an extra buck. Hang on to your money! You shoud also be aware of the weird night life going on in this hotel. Hoards of young (very very young) girls are hanging out in the bar / club which might be amusing to look at - but it gives the hotel an atmosphere which you could find very disturbing while being on a business trip. Certainly when you are a woman. I do not think I would return to this hotel - there are a lot better options for the money you spend here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
We are grateful that you shared your valuable feedback and are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with certain aspects of your stay at the resort. We will take your comments into consideration as we strive to become the luxury resort of your choice. We would also like to learn more about your experience. Please contact our Hotel Management team by e-mail at HotelManager@fontainebleau.com or phone at 786-378-4867.