“amazing stay”

Ranked #45 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“amazing stay”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed for 3 nights on a last min getaway, I have read great reviews of this resort but I will say it was alot more pricey than I expected, so be prepared to spend $70 for breakfast for 2. The rooms/bathrooms were very clean and all rooms come with a iMac which i must say is a nice touch. House keeping was very friendly and made sure everything was nice and tight. Allen at the gym was everything you can want from a personal trainier, he expained the importantce of a healthy life stlye and much more. We eat at "fresh" and the pool side bar and grill which were all above moderate $$$. Gotham was very delightful (the red snapper is to die for). The pool and the beach was were we spent most of our time and I must say the service is all superb. I will say the #1 focus of this resort for me was comfort. Will visit again if the price is right but 3 grand for 3 nights dont come across often.

Room Tip: be ready to hear music from the clubs till 5 am from your room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ReKonEyEz
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Thank you for your high praise of the Fontainebleau! We are delighted you had a memorable stay and that the resort’s amenities catered to your every need. Our goal is to create unforgettable memories for our guests, and I am pleased to learn that we accomplished this for you. We appreciate the time you have taken to post this review and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We waited 5 hours for our room, and it turned out that at $550/night they were very overpriced. The meals were also very expensive.

The staff never quite seemed to know what they were doing.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank john h
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
We aim to deliver an excellent service level and are disappointed to learn of your impression with Fontainebleau. Upon reviewing your reservation, I do see that you were checked in at 4:00PM, which is our standard check in time. I also see that our team was able to accommodate you with a complimentary late check out on the day of your departure. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Chicago
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Fontainbleau Miami Beach was awesome. I just stayed there for four nights and want to go back soon. With the Ultra music fest going on, all of Miami Beach was totally packed, the hotel was no exception. I must say the employees were very on top of the situation. I could not get over how clean the grounds were given how many people were at the hotel. I did not have to wait that long for anything. I liked getting a chair and umbrella at the beach, the pool was totally packed, so a good pool chair was hard to come by.

I could not get over how attentive the employees were. I was especially happy with Stefanie in the Executive office. She took care of every last detail for my trip, and was very attentive to my very last need.

It is really a beautiful place in an ideal location. Close to South Beach, not too far from Bal Harbour. I will be back for sure....

Room Tip: The main building is fun. If you want to quiet, you might want to stay in a different tower.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
On behalf of the entire Fontainebleau Team, thank you for your gracious compliments. Our 2,200 team members are trained to go above and beyond everyday to provide our guests with unforgettable experiences just like yours. Stefanie has been recognized for taking such good care of you. Please contact us directly should you need any assistance with your return visit. See you again soon!
LA
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Pool and hotel are trendy and updated; has the feel of a nice Vegas hotel on the Strip. Pool and beach are awesome; also have a Vegas feel. Club in the hotel is amazing. Lounge at night served complimentary late night desserts (nice touch). iMac in the room and free Internet (wifi) was a really pleasant surprise; love free wi-fi.

Room was very nice but the bathroom was small and underwhelming - shower door and door to bathroom collided (though it was clean). No tub; shower only in my standard ocean view room. It is an older hotel that has been beautifully updated, so the bathrooms were just smaller back then. I'm not a big person and I felt cramped in the bathroom, but I would still stay here again because you're not there for the bathrooms with the beautiful beach outside your window.

Breakfast at Vida was okay; service was very slow but to be fair we had a big group (though we did have a reservation). Scarpetta's was tasty and innovative, but very little on the menu in terms of vegetarian or for the picky eater. Very seafood based. Small portion sizes. Knowledgeable waitstaff.

Downsides: everything is pricey. A quick "to-go" quality caesar salad in a plastic box from the cafe was $14. Like Vida, service poolside was slow; it was hard to get the servers' attention - they need flags on the beach chairs or another discreet way to signal you require service instead of forcing guests to struggle to flag down a server, especially when they're charging $20+ a drink.

Room Tip: Get the side on the ocean!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank italianinformerlife
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience. I am pleased to hear that your overall experience at Fontainebleau was impressive. We take customer service very seriously and appreciate your comments in order to improve our service level in the future. Once again, thank you for this review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Went there last weekend with boyfriend for work awards trip. I had done research/read reviews ahead of time, so I sort of knew what I was getting into. First impressions: stunning lobby, check-in areas, restaurants, pools/grounds/landscaping. Guests seem to fit into a few categories: young spoiled European clubgoers with daddy's visa, aging gold-diggers looking for mr right (or mr right now?), young hipster/dj types pretending to have money (but bringing their own drinks to the pool) and the category I fall in: the convention crowd (but I think I fit in quite well?)
It was also Ultra Music/Winter Music Conference week, so lots of spring breakers and electronic music aficionados there for the dj sets all over town, including the FB's pools and clubs. The added bonus on the last night, after not being able to go to the Liv or Arkadia clubs due to sold-out ticketed events (lets be honest: I'm pushing 38 and wake up for when when these clubs close) was that after our convention gala, we were able to sneak into the poolside Deadmau5 show by walking with purpose and by looking like we were totally supposed to be there. My teenage son would've been mortified, yet jealous.
The customer service and housekeeping were top notch. We dined at the Gotham Steak House (separate review to follow) and La Cote by the pool/beach, and the food/service were 5 stars. Definitely paying for the experience, but well worth it. Yes, the drinks are expensive as everyone says, but they seem to be all over Miami, so go stay at the Best Western if it's an issue or drink in your room. Or, better yet, find a sugar daddy because there seemed to be tons of Eastern European escort hooker types in the restaurants/pools/lobbies who were in the same boat.
The pools were crowded if you didn't get out there early, and we got an eyeful, which is why it's the hot scene. Don't bring your tankini or one-piece unless you don't mind feeling frumpy...or head for the 7th floor Tresor pool or 5th floor Sorrento pool, which are nice and quiet if you have a family or something. Yes, totally would not bring young kids or my senior parents around the main pool--lots of PDA, drunken lap dances and thongs. Enjoyed the eye candy of the European men in the short suits and ripped physiques--even if they were probably checking out the other men. The actual pool water was soooo warm, almost bath-like, which was not refreshing when it was 85 degrees out.
We didn't spend much time in the actual room, but it was nice enough. Probably not worth the price--the WiFi was slow, confusing and didn't stay connected, the tv's are standard def and not flat-screens, and we had 7 mismatched pieces of furniture with difffent wood types..kinda reminded me of my college off-campus house. We stayed on the 36th floor of the Tresor tower and had a great view and large balcony, mini-fridge, sleeper couch, and jetted Jacuzzi tub.
Closing thoughts? If I am fortunate enough to go again, I will consider mesh/gauzy coverups, high wedge heels, and full makeup and jewelry to the pool during the day for the full experience. We didn't even go on the beach, really didn't even need to leave this resort in 4 days...we were just having that much fun. I would leave the kids at home, unless you want to answer awkward questions like, "Mommy, why is that girl's makeup all smeared and hair messed up in her tube dress, and where are her shoes?" upon noticing all the displaced girls needing cab rides when your family is going through the halls to breakfast at 8-9am,

Room Tip: Rooms not facing pool are quieter. Most rooms in Tresor and Sorrento towers seemed to have balconie...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank pugsandbulldogs
Thank you for taking the time to post this positive review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations with us. We sincerely appreciate your flattering compliments regarding our delicious restaurants and active pool scene. The Tresor & Sorrento pools are also an option for guests that prefer a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. There is definitely something for everyone of all ages at Fontainebleau. We are looking forward to having you back for another unforgettable experience.
Shirley, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my first time staying at Fontainebleu, but have been to Miami several times. After staying here not sure I'd want to stay anyplace else. What a wonderful resort and staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. This was our first trip with our new baby and couldn't have been better. The restaurants on the grounds were delicious and beautiful. The day beds were comfortable and the wait services was great. Overall this was a very wonderful resort. We'd go back in a heartbeat, we're actually thinking of possibly going back next month!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
This is fantastic news! We are pleased to learn you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your recent visit and that Fontainebleau has become your new vacation destination. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team. We hope to see you again next month!
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I absolutely loved the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach! Below is a link to a review I wrote about my experience there: http://traveltochat.com/2012/03/20/fontainebleau-miami-beach/

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Wow! We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share your Fontainebleau experience on your online blog. We are thrilled to see you had the opportunity to enjoy all that Fontainebleau has to offer. Your impressive review has been shared with our entire team! We anticipate your next visit very soon!