“Great Experience.”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #42 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Hotel is very beautiful and full of history and stories of the past. My wife and I enjoyed the entire experience and the feeling the hotel gives you as a guest. It was worth every penny.

Room Tip: I found that the people of Miami are quick to use the car horn while stopped at the lights. Could te...
1  Thank Paul D
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you for your high praise of Fontainebleau. We are truly humbled by your comments and delighted to learn that you and your wife had such a memorable stay with us. It is our pleasure to serve you! We await your return to Miami, hopefully very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (13,600)

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The staff and management are extremely rude and unprofessional. The hotel is way overpriced and they nickel and dime you to death. I had a meeting in the AM and they would not let me check out at noon rather than 11 am. I have never been to a hotel that was so unaccommodating. I was excepting more and I will not be coming back. Go to Lowes down the street instead.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris T

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Fontainebleau. We are saddened to learn of the challenges you encountered and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Our management team has attempted to reach out to you personally via email. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Outstanding experience in terms of rooms and hotel facilties.
Stayed while attending a business conference so hotel was pretty crowded. Breakfast was at a special area reserved for attendees so it was quite OK with many options. Gym is very well equipped.
Staff at check in was not very caring about guests (robotic) so the hotel does pass a rather "cold" atmosphere.
Stayed in a deluxe room with balcony and ocean view (side view) but it was raining like hell so could not make the best of the view offered. A little expensive even though we had a special rate for the convention. If it were a private trip, I would think and look twice before paying the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you for sharing this important feedback regarding your stay with us. It is so great to learn of your appreciation for our rooms and facilities! We are glad you had the opportunity to experience some of our offerings while attending a conference on property. For any inconveniences you may have encountered, we truly apologize. Our goal is to provide exceptional service, while displaying a friendly ambiance. We hope to achieve this for you next time, and recommend you check out “Stay Promotions” offered on our website.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Words cannot describe the amazing experience I had at this hotel. Apart from the outstanding amenities, view, food, etc, I have to mention the fact that the best part was the staff. Everyone at the hotel was so nice and willing to go an extra mile to help us out in anything. Don't miss the opportunity to visit the best hotel in Miami!!!

Room Tip: Oceanview Junior Suite
1  Thank Nikkyta1987

On behalf of the entire Fontainebleau team, we cannot thank you enough for your kind words! It makes us very proud to know we succeeded in going above and beyond serving you throughout your stay. We are thrilled you found overall enjoyment in our amenities and offerings. Please come back to see us soon for another memorable time!

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Got the rooms using mobile app and received 20% off. Entire hotel is stunningly beautiful. Staff is extremely helpful. Rooms perfect with your own Mac. Poolside amazing (drinks expensive).
You must stay here. Out of 5 other hotels I have stayed at on the strip. The best!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Acampoma

Thank you for recommending the Fontainebleau! We are grateful for your impressions of our helpful staff and beautiful property. Each of our 1,504 guest rooms are equipped with a 20” iMac computer for personal use. It was truly a pleasure to have you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

After a long and stressful plane ride with kids howling in my ears - all i wanted was a relaxing five days at this "luxurious" hotel. As soon as I arrived everything about this place SCREAMED revolt. How can a manager let a client come into this dirt? I arrived at the check-in desk and I was greeted by RUDE, GRUMPY, lady and she had no respect for me whatsoever. This hotel was downhill for me from this point till the second I stepped out of it.
When I arrived at my room everything about it made me want to jump from the balcony and die. The door handle had some sort of bleach on it that dried out my dry skin condition, and if it cant get bad enough, the bed had a big boegy on it. Next thing, I was looking out of the balcony when suddenly this cleaner came into the room and chucked my suitcase on the floor. I barged in and shooed this intruder away and found an insect hanging of the bedside table.
I just wanted to escape from the madness and headed down to the pool. Oh dear god. There were drunk teenagers everywhere, noisy kids and no space to even stand. The pool even had dirt in it. I was shocked and immidiatly went into panic mode. To pay for THIS? No way. As if things couldn't get ANY worse I went to eat dinner in one of the restaurants. I found myself sat inbetween a bickering couple and a businessman screaming into his phone. A clever person would ask to move so I did ask. Are the staff mentally ill or challenged? The waiter snapped at me saying it was busy and he had no other seats, and walked away leaving me with no
Option but to leave as I had not been served my food in the 1 hour of ordering it. At this point all I needed was a stress ball and some pain killers.
Going back up to my room I discovered my iPod speakers hidden underneath my pillow. Now THAT was an invation of my personal bubble. On the other side, the lovely thing about this hotel was the iMacs in the room. I did feel like it was a high-tech, updated addition and it did give the room a little something. Also, the beach is probably the best place to avoid the hustle and bustle of the pool area.
Overall, I don't recommend this hotel but reading other reviews some people have good experiences and some have bad. Good luck, and pick the right time of year to go - e.g. Not spring break.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank traveler101690
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I would like to apologize for the challenges you encountered with us. I will ensure to address my team accordingly in order to continue improving our services and offerings in the future. I hope we have the pleasure of turning your perception around on your next visit to Fontainebleau.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My Lapis experience was incredible. The conciergeJennifer Falcon could not do enough for me, she took care of getting me checked out as the lineat the front desk was lengthy, storing my bags and even offered me a pass to the Spa so that I could shower of my suntan lotion before going to the Airport. The technician Isabell was very attentive and expremely pleasant. The Pedicure and Manicure were one of the best I have received and I have travelled globally. Thank you ladies for a fabulous experience.

1  Thank toddbw
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed Lapis Spa and took the time to share your experience. We will ensure to share this with our team and recognize Jennifer and Isabell for a job well done. We are looking forward to your next visit hopefully sometime soon.