“INCREDIBLE TIME! Thank you Pablo, Kenny & Edwin!”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #45 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“INCREDIBLE TIME! Thank you Pablo, Kenny & Edwin!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Hi All! After winning a television show called THE HERO, my husband & I rewarded ourselves with our first "solo" vacation (sans kids) in 24 years! We were pleased with our Miami choice and even with a small hiccup on the beach, this was a spectacular stay! Room was gorgeous and their is no comparison in the world with our view! Awesome! Food was magnificent, drinks were terrific and the atmosphere was superb! Our little hiccup was on the beach, our beach bag and valuables got stolen so do remember this is a public beach, even though umbrellas are $25, don't let this give you a false sense of security. HOWEVER, the staff on the beach were SUPERIOR when my little melt-down happened after the robbery. Kenny & Edwin were terrific in trying to help us. Pablo Castro was sure to help us drown our sorrows in complimentary beverages and attentiveness. I have to say they made a "crappy" situation a little easier to take. DON'T LET OUR "HICCUP" STOP YOU FROM STAYING HERE, thieves are anywhere, just don't leave your valuables unattended! Toto, you aren't in Kansas anymore!

We did have a spa treatment, and Bob's experience was much better than mine. It would have been nice to have been given a tour of the facility before my massage began so I knew what I could use before hand. Bob's "mens side" did just that and then some.....Couples massage was pleasant, but not really "romantic". Would have been nice to be invited to have a beverage after the massage together in our treatment room and enjoy the room for an additional 15 minutes. Instead, we were asked repeatedly to give our opinions on a comment card. Customer service is key to spa stays!

POOLS were phenomenal! Gorgeous, well kept, wonderful temperature! Outstanding!

Overall this was the trip of a lifetime for us! Outstanding!

Room Tip: Ocean front balcony all the way!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hpatty0491
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Pablo, Kenny and Edwin will all be recognized for their amazing service. We appreciate your recommendations and can not wait to have you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Atlanta
Reviewed 23 November 2013

One of my fave stays on the Beach. Far enough from The center of south beach but only a $8 cab ride over. Everything you need is on the premises. The pool area is very nice but my favorite is the beach area. Great customer service all around. Pedro at front desk was great at making sure we were taking care of.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am delighted to hear we are one of your favorite hotels. Pedro will certainly be recognized for his amazing service. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to having you back.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We planned a big party weekend in Miami and party we did, in style!

After a big night at LIV, we dragged ourselves to the beach at the crack of noon! First off some food, delivered quick and hot! Just what we needed. After, we got some sun and then had some fun with our first round of drinks! Everything was groovy thanks to our server Pablo Castro! After last round at sunset, we headed back to the rooms for a nap before we started all over again! Best weekend ever!

Room Tip: try for Sorrento tower
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Imnotken
Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear you enjoyed LIV. Pablo will certainly be recognized for his amazing service. We remain at your service and welcome you back.
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is not the type of hotel I would typically stay at on my own...too big, too "glitzy," too impersonal...but a conference I attended was here, and, overall, I enjoyed my stay more than I thought I might.

My room in the Versailles tower was nice...the bedroom was large, comfortable and functional...the bed, bed linens, pillows, etc. were great and very comfortable...very good lighting and television. I really disliked the computer on the desk...it took up virtually all of the available space...and most of us travel with our own laptop or other device. The bathroom was very small with little space to move around...it was okay for me as I was traveling alone but it would be virtually impossible for two people to fit into the bathroom. There were a number of maintenance issues in the bathroom...a doorstop literally hanging off the back of the door...extremely worn and discolored tiles in the shower...a glass shelf not securely attached to the wall which was so slanted that any items put on it immediately slid off. The balcony was extremely discolored and worn and completely open to the balconies of the adjoining rooms...yuck!

I found the service to be quite good. Room service was consistently prompt and very friendly. All of my interactions with the bell staff, front desk staff, pool staff, housekeeping, etc. were courteous, responsive and friendly.

The pool area is fantastic! I am generally not a big pool person but I would come back here just for the pools. There are so many separate pool and hot tub areas and they are all beautiful and well-maintained. I really, really enjoyed my time there as well as the wonderful food and beverage service. The boardwalk between the hotel and the beach is very nice and convenient. The beach and ocean are just gorgeous!

Mostly, I had food provided by the conference (which was, naturally, provided by the hotel) and all of it was very good. I spent five days there and had all of my meals at the hotel. The restaurants, even the more casual, sit-down ones, are rather expensive...which I suppose one expects given the type of hotel that it is and that it is in Miami. The quality of the food and service was consistently high so that makes the prices perhaps easier to swallow (forgive the pun). What truly galled me, however, was being charged nearly $4 for a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper, $5 for one cookie, about as much for a bottle of water, etc. at one of the little gift or take-out shops! That is just ridiculous and unnecessary price-gouging! Those prices would offend me even at a nice sit-down restaurant let alone from a small shop. Seriously, Fontainebleau, you are not making enough money from the room prices, restaurant prices, etc. to be able to sell a bottle of soda or water for even $2 (which would already reflect a huge profit)?

Plus, I really disliked having an 18% gratuity automatically applied to my restaurant bills. I understand this is customary with larger groups but, again, I was traveling alone. And, while I usually tip generously, I want the flexibility to not do so if I feel the service is lacking. Yes, I understand that one can specifically reduce the amount of the tip but that necessitates communicating directly with the wait staff regarding the change which is, obviously, awkward and uncomfortable. So, few people probably choose this option...which no doubt Fontainebleau knows. The downside for the staff is that I often tip more than 18% but will not do so in these situations because of this automatic application.

Also, I must have coffee first thing in the morning. Knowing this, I have a small coffeemaker and supplies that I sometimes travel with if the hotel does not already provide these items in the room. I called the Fontainebleau about a week before my trip and asked if a coffeemaker and supplies are located in each room. I was told that they were not but that they could be put in my room upon request, so I made that request and did not bring my personal items; no mention was made of a charge for this service. When checking in, I asked if the coffeemaker and supplies were in my room and I was told "no" but that they could be for a charge of $20/day. $20 per day!! That is absolutely outrageous!! I declined this "offer" thinking it would probably be less expensive to get coffee daily from room service. Ah...no...checking the room service menu, I figured out that a pot of coffee with various taxes, service charges, etc. would be over $20/day. So, I called guest services to request a coffee service for my room and was told that it was not possible...that coffeemakers were only in the rooms with small kitchens and that none were available for other rooms. What the heck?! First of all, is it this hard for hotel personnel to be aware of the hotel's policy on this topic?! Secondly, why aren't coffeemakers and supplies automatically located in each room?! I just stayed at a small hotel in rural Kentucky at a fraction of the cost of the Fontainebleau and even my room there had a personal Keurig with supplies.

When I first called the hotel regarding my coffeemaker request, I also inquired about having a small refrigerator in my room for beverages. I was told that rooms did not contain small refrigerators but that one could be put in my room...for a charge of $35 per day or $75 for a week. Again...seriously?!?! You can buy a small refrigerator...at full retail...for less than $75. This type of price-gouging makes me crazy and is so unnecessary...particularly given what one is already paying for the room, restaurants, spa services, etc. And don't tell me this is just "standard and customary" in this area...better to let common sense and courtesy prevail!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank PamelaK O
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear our team members made your stay more enjoyable. I apologize for your guest room troubles. We remain at your service and look forward to having you back.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I arrived at the Fontainbleu late one evening very hungry and unfamiliar with the larger area, so looked to eat at the hotel. I wandered into Vida, feeling a little intimidated as I was dining alone in a fabulous city. The staff were attentive, warm and made me feel fine about being alone. I had a wonderful glass of Chardonnay and fabulous pasta dinner that I was unable to finish. I was checked on frequently, but not too frequently by the staff. There was a very large party near my table that was not loud or bothersome at all, but the staff brought me a complimentary dessert because they said the other party monopolized their time. Truly, it was a wonderful experience prior to that made superior with the surprise delight put in front of me. Darrel, Javier and Juan Carlos exuded fine hospitality. I highly recommend Vida for anyone staying at the hotel or traveling to Miami.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Darrel, Javier, and Juan Carlos will certainly be recognized for this amazing service. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to having you again.
Weirton, West Virginia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

That really says it all. The management of this hotel property is lacking. Especially the spa/gym. Very unfair to the employees. I do believe they are cutthroat in their management style. Karma will come back to those who deserve it. If you are looking for a great spa/fitness element to your stay-stay away. Find another hotel. Some of the employees were very nice though.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay with us. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed at the Fontainebleu for 4 days in November for a family break. The pools are fantastic, the food was great and the room amenities were very nice, but the customer service was dismal.
Check in took half an hour for no reason we could figure out. The valet car service took 20 minutes to bring the car up, even after we ordered it up from their automated system in our room and the turn down service was non existent, even when it had been requested and confirmed by house keeping! That being said, the service by the pool was prompt and friendly. Not sure if we would head back for another visit solely based on the poor customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with some of the customer service you received. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.