“Almost Perfect”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #42 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I only got to spend one day and night here, and despite the AWFUL valet service I recieved, I LOVED everything about this spot! Spent the day pool side on a private bed...UHH-MAZING! The pool hosts were very helpful and always willing to adjust my umbrella for me! There was an event going on during the night, and I could hear the live band playing from my balcony on the 17th floor, and it really set a tone for the evening during the sunset! The room was beautiful! Very clean, trendy, and spacious!
The only thing I was upset with was valet, when I first arrived they told me to call down 15 minutes prior to when I needed my car and they would have it ready. I called 25 minutes prior before leaving for dinner, and when I got down there, I still had to wait an addiotnal 10 minutes...the next morning, I didnt want to take any chances, so I called an hour prior...and guess what, I STILL had to wait for my car!!! This really disappointed me, coming from such an iconic spot in Miami Beach!!!

Room Tip: Service recieved a 2 from me due to Valet. Plan far enough ahead if you need your car at a certain t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles with valet. We look forward to serving you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (13,593)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Have stayed at the Fontainbleau since the late 70's. There has been renovations over the years and they did a nice job. The pool and lounging area is great. Lots of space and they also have cabanas for rent. The guest rooms are clean and chic. If you face east towards the ocean, the views are wonderful.

The problem though with the Fontainbleau is that they can't decide if they want it more as a convention and meeting space hotel or as a hip young Miami beach crowd. There are many large conferences going on here and its strange to see a contrast of clientele at once. Also, the hotel is very expensive. Not only the guest rooms but all of the restaurants. When I stay here, its for work so I am not concerned about price. If I were to choose a property for vacation, not sure this would be the spot. Also, although only a 15 min ride to SoBe, its in an area of Miami Beach filled with residential condos with no night life. I recommend though to vacationers looking to relax and who have $$$$ to burn.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is great to hear you continue to enjoy the your time with us. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Been here for 24 hours and having the time of our lives. Be sure to find my man Kelvin Butler from the beach hospitality staff. He'll do you right. Also shout out to john from the beach staff as well. Everyone is great here! The water is warm and the hotel is cool.

Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so happy you are having the time of your life. John and Kelvin will certainly be recognized for their amazing service. We remain at your service and welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Showing up to this hotel my wife and I were so excited for the treatment we were about to have for our yearly vacation. BUT... It was down hill from the start, our room wasn't ready ok I understand your probably busy it happens all the time. I was told about 30-45 minutes it would be set., over hour n half later we are still sitting there! We decide let's rent a car from hertz which is located in the hotel, after waiting another 35 minutes for someone to actually show up!!! I asked hello do you guys happen to have a car available our room is delayed and we are going to go for a drive. This continues my downhill experience! I've never been talked down to so badly in my life! She literally yells at me! I havnt been gone 30 min it's been 15 minutes n no reservation no car don't know. what to tell you sir! I had to go to concierge to get an outside company for a car! We then left the hotel grounds for 6 hours! I called apon our return and was told everything was set n luggage was in the room. We arrive to a beautiful room but no luggage they lost it! Finally after 45 min a man came with it waiting for a tip! This is why my luggage wasn't brought up this I know for sure bc they he wouldn't of had a tip! The next few days went well with no issues' aside from the 100$ breakfasts and $300 dinners. The day before we leave... We decide let's get up early invite some family who lives local and enjoy the private beach here at the hotel! Around 11:30 we decide let's ride jetskis the hotel has a setup on the beach to rent! The jetski were in the water but nobody was to be found for hours! We had to walk 3 hotels down to rent them. When we returned the sun was real strong so we sat under an umbrella to get cover from the sun. After about 10 minutes a "manager" with a yellow shirt ran over yelling! Sir I need your room key now because these are 25$ to rent an umbrella and if your don't want to pay then you have to move! I was shocked and embarrassed infront of my family! The $1000 a night a spend here doesn't include an umbrella in the beach? Are you kidding! So we moved and decided to order food! It took almost an hour to get a waiter attention! Let me explain there was a total of 10 people on the beach and 3 waiters! He took our order and disappears! After about 90 minutes, someone who didn't take our order brings food and drinks! But he forgot an order for my wife, and the drink they brought was wrong! When I questioned this I was told oh Papi Papi we don't have budlight we are out! And your other order will be right out! And this point I took a minute to collect myself becauSe I was furious! Waiting another 25 minute and still no food! I had to find a hotel manager to complain then magically the food was done and the umbrella was comped! Unfortunately I was already turned off and we left! This hotel is beautiful the rooms are great! But it seams they don't have enough staff and friendly staff at that to support the clients! I will not be staying here again! Beware of horrible service

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Vito I

Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am truly sorry to hear you were not satisfied during your recent stay with us. Your comments will be reviewed by our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My friends and I spent a few nights at the Fontainebleau for my bachelor party. As always, Cesar and the rest of the staff at the hotel were kind, helpful and made the time beyond enjoyable. It's not my first visit and far from my last. There is no better place to stay in South Florida.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations. Cesar will certainly be recognized for his amazing service. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This Hotel just keeps on getting better and better. Such a phenomenal staff to say the least. The restaurants are amazing. When it comes to the cost of the food it is indeed fairly price, but come on this is Miami you are going to spend money,unless you tal a quick cab ride to Espanola way where you would find more moderately price restaurants, and Lincoln road as well,if you do it the right way it can be affordable, This is one of the beautiful things about the Fountainbleu it is very centrally locate so a very short cab ride will get you anywhere quickly. My room was amazingly clean (spotless) the showers are so large that you can probably fit a quarter horse inside it lol The pool is amazing big,beautiful, clean the staff by the pool Joel, Brittany, Samantha you were all great. And a very very very big special thank-you goes out to Sheyla, I stayed an extra day as planned when all my friends left and you made me feel part of your family, and never felt like I was alone so with that yes I WILL BE RETURNING NEXT YEAR and the year after that as well ......

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank justnick143

Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is great to hear you we continue to exceed your expectations. Joel, Britany, Samantha and Sheyla will all be recognized for their amazing service. We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Fabulous Hotel next to the beach. We stayed for 2 nights in April before our cruise. The rooms were spotlessly clean, beds comfortable and an added bonus of a mac in each room with free internet access. The restaurants were fairly pricey but the food was excellent. Biggest pool area I have ever seen with different pools to accommodate everyone, also ample sun loungers. The hotel has direct access to the beach and if you are able to walk along the boardwalk all the way to South Beach which at a leisurely pace took about an hour and a half. My older children went to LIV, the nightclub and said it was amazing! All staff were polite and helpful. Would have liked to have stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mum8

Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am delighted to learn of your lovely experience. We remain at your service and welcome you back.