“Nice hotel, but too big”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #43 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Monterrey, Mexico
“Nice hotel, but too big”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is nice, comfortable and perfectly located hotel in Miami beach. Amenities are great and the hotel has all useful services, either for pleasure or business. The only negative is that the hotel is too big, so the front besk, concierge, and other services could be too crowded at certain times of the day, while also distances from one place to another could be too long, depending on your room location. This is the kind of a Las Vegas huge hotel, but without a casino.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. We remain at your service and welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit to this beautiful property but our 1st with kids. After reading a few reviews about certain buildings were too noisy, I called ahead of time and spoke with manager Eric McCombs. He chose the Sorento tower for our stay. Fabulous, the room, the view, the balcony. Everything was fabulous. Yes, there certainly were certain aspects of this hotel that are not kid friendly but if you pay attention, you can steer the kids away from in appropriateness. (Like the girls staying below us playing with dildos every afternoon on their patio in the presidential suite below us, very classless for a property of this level). The service we received was simply flawless with only one exception. I spoke with a front desk manager (Teavy) who approved a late checkout but asked me to confirm availability in the am. When I spoke with Jose at the desk he refused our request unless we paid for an additional half day. He was the only sour note of our stay. Stephanie at the front desk, umberto on the beach were among the many that took good care of us. We will be back, but when the kids are a little older. I will mention to bring your platinum card as breakfast buffet for 2 adults & 2 children was $118. Each morning. A little ridiculous don't you think??? Thank you Eric!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for being loyal guest of Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am delighted to hear of your wonderful experience. Eric, Stephanie and Umberto will all be recognized for their wonderful service. We remain at your service and welcome you back.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great service! Everyone is so attentive, they really treat you like family. We stayed for three nights and we felt like we were good friends with all the familiar faces that were always so polite. Especially the bellmen and the valet. One of the valet in particular was great, Reyko made sure our car was parked close by when we let him know that we were going to be right down soon and we were going to need it again. All in all everyone was just very helpful and it truly felt like a vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is a pleasure to learn our team members made your stay more enjoyable. Reyko will certainly be recognized for his amazing service. We look forward to serving you again.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had a great stay at the beautiful Fontainebleau hotel. Matt Williams, front desk manager, was extremely helpful and professional in working through the details of my reservation. We had a beautiful room thanks to him. He was always available to answer any questions and to help. He made my stay wonderful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca W
Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so pleased to hear our team members made your stay more enjoyable. Matt will certainly be recognized for his amazing service. We appreciate your kind comments and welcome you back.
Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was currently in South Beach and stayed at FB for a couple of days. The hotel is super clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. One of the gentleman at the concierge desk recommended a great cafe on 9th and ocean for my friends and I to grab a quick drink. Also, the pool scene is definitely a must see. We met a very sweet girl by the pool who worked at FB named Sheyla. She was extremly helpful and got the staff to take care of us. I will deff be returning to stay at FB Miami again :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am happy to hear our team members exceeded your expectations. Sheyla will certainly be recognized for her excellent service. We look forward to serving you again.
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here whilst attending a conference and I feel the conference facilities are fine. The hotel however caters for a 20's crowd and is very much in the 'party' segment around the pools, bars and famous night club. I would not recommend for couples or families. The room was large and quite adequate. I do however have gripes as there are no coffee making facilities included. There was no evening 'turn-down', slippers or chocolates on the pillow. Overall good for a conference but I wouldn't stay here on a regular holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Gabriela works at the Lapis spa. This past weekend my husband and I stayed at the FBleau and enjoyed the spa for the day.

The spa closed at 6:30pm on Sunday but I was still blow drying my hair. She was very sweet and didn't rush me, allowing me extra time (until 7pm) to get ready and gather my belongings. This really made a difference in my stay bc I was headed to the airport immeduately after.

Gabriela was extremely pleasant and gracious to stay late. I greatly appeciate her for making my final few moments enjoyable :)

Thank you! We WILL be back

Anastasia xo

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to review Fontainebleau Miami Beach. It is a pleasure to hear our team members made your stay more enjoyable. Gabriela will certainly be recognized for her amazing service. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you back.