Spent a week at Fountainbleau with my 3 girls, 15,13 and 9. I will start with the positives. The hotel is beautiful. The pools are fabulous and the ocean is right out the back door. The employees at both the pool and beach were helpful. Guest were mostly young adults and the lobby was always busy with fashionable people. Our room was good, pretty standard in size. The bathroom was extremely small, the door always had to be closed to get to the sink and shower. I had no problems with valet. Overall everyone was very helpful but expect to tip well for that courtesy. CONS: I checked in under a "pkg special" and one of the perks was a free upgrade. I was given an ocean view as my upgrade. I asked for a balcony upgrade instead and they said there was none available. I went to my room but returned to guest check-in 5 min later and spoke to another individual. Asked to change rooms, didn't mention the free upgrade and all of a sudden there was a balcony rm for $40 more a night! I didn't say anything and took it. Balcony rm overlooked another buildings roof and 20 loud A/C units. Prices were ridiculous at the restaurants, $6 for a children's glass of chocolate milk, $5.00 for mediocre coffee, $10 bottled water etc. Expect to pay hundreds for every single meal! The hotel is not within walking distance to South Beach and Lincoln Pk so having a car was helpful. This probably isn't the place to bring kids, other than the water there was not really anything for them to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Florida