“Amazing Experience!”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #43 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was my first time at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach and I will definitely be booking another trip soon! I went with three of my friends and our favorite part of the trip was the wonderful experience that we had while on the beach at the resort. Nekane, Edwin, Cory, Eyling, Luis, William, and Jarvis all took care of us during the days we were there and they really made our trip unforgettable! The drinks were delicious, the cabanas were great and it was our best vacation to date!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (13,606)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was very excited when my husband said we would be staying at the Fontainebleau for our trip to Miami. Upon arrival we were greeted by the valet guy who opened the door but sadly did not offer to help with any bags, but since we only had a couple we shrugged it off and went to check in. The lobby area is beautiful! While checking in we were informed that we had to leave a large deposit because apparently folks trash the rooms a lot there. This deposit was not listed on the website. We complained about this to the manager and were given an upgrade to a king suite. This made us happy and made up for the lack of attention from the valet folks.

There are several buildings and finding our building was a little bit of a challenge and sadly no one offered to help us. A note to all, you have insert your room key to work the elevators. There weren't many direction signs in the halls, but since we can count we were able to find our room easy enough. The room itself was awesome, except for the torn carpet. There is a computer, sink, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster. There is also a king bed and a sofa that pulls out into a bed. We loved the bathroom - shower with a "seat" and a deep tub with the bubble jets. The housekeeping is ok. The room was cleaned timely, but some details were missed. We used the ironing board on the first morning and it was never folded up and put back. We used the coffee and it was never replaced.. We did like how our shoes were always tidied up though.

After dropping off our things we went to see some friends and family for a few hours. When we returned around 10 PM the place was jumping. The bar in the lobby was blasting music and there was a line out the door to get into club Liv. In a few hours the place had gone from classy to trashy and we were shocked and disappointed. Another thing I want to mention is the valet took forever to bring our car no matter what time of day or night we requested it. At least 15 mins every time.

We did not eat at any of the table service restaurants, but the quick food was very over priced. $22 for chicken fingers with fries and a soda is way too much. I know at some places things cost more but that is ridiculous. Interestingly we finally went to the bar in the lobby one night and my 7oz mai tai cost the same as my lunch. I don't mind paying $22 for a great drink or great food but this drink and my lunch were not it.

The pools are very nice and we liked that there was cold water available for drinking on the pool deck and plenty of towels and lounge chair covers. We also really enjoyed the kids toys available on the beach for anyone to play with and that they provide 1 beach chair per guest.

While wandering around the hotel rarely did any employee even acknowledge that we were there let alone offer to help if we looked lost.

This hotel looks and costs like a luxury hotel but falls very short on many of the little details that make a luxury hotel stand out. If we were in our early 20s and looking to party at the beach and didn't care about getting our money's worth for supposed luxury then we would have been really happy here. Since we are not those people it is very unlikely we will stay here again.

Room Tip: The main tower where the main lobby is is very very loud at night so you may want to request a room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank tracyandalex
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent stay. Your comments will be reviewed by our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Fountainbleu is a trendy upscale hotel, it is common to see all kinds of stars staying at the hotel and the beach. It is not uncommon to see the paparazzi photographers on the beach to realize that there is some pop star or athlete around.
You need to make sure to come to the pool area early since during the summer it is usually very full. There is a second medium size adult pool, this is where many of the private parties are held. There is yet another circular pool with cabanas around it. Cabanas are available for rent, $150 and up for a day.
Service is lacking, I guess it is due to the large amount of people and stars at the hotel. If you have a car at the parking garage make sure to ask for it in advance, on busy days it can take up to 20 minutes to get it.
If you have chance visit LAPIS, the spa. It has a great long pool with whirlpools and a massage table with a very tall shower head, you can lie down and rest while water falls on your back. There is also a large nice steam bath and resting area.
If you are looking for an upscale trendy place in Miami Beach, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CGM00
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I checked in very late on a busy Saturday night and my standard room was no longer available so they upgraded to a much nicer room at the same price. Hotel was great, good was excellent and had a really nice time.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

As this is a hotel with a higher price point one would expect a higher level of service and attention to detail. Both are lacking in this hotel. We stayed for 2 weeks and during this time were constantly amazed at the poor standard of service. On arrival at the hotel we drive to the entrance where the car door was opened and we were told "only valet parking is available aand it will cost $42 per day" this was before anyone even said hello or welcome. On 7 of the 13 mornings we asked in advance for our car to be brought around the car was not delivered and we ended up waiting for on average 20 minutes. On asking to speak to a manager we were told this wasn't possible! The room was noisy, the beach was so crowded one could not walk between the sun loungers aand ordering drinks took on average half an hour to be delivered. I could go on but my advice would be to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ally F
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am so sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with our level of service during your recent stay. Your comments will be reviewed by our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The place is gorgeous but, the service is lacking. Given the cost, I would expect superior service. For example, I called the day of my check-in asking for an early check-in and was told that housekeeping would be called to give my room priority. I showed up at 2:45 and was told that no priorities would be set until I showed up in person with a credit card. I asked when they thought I could get to my room and was told about an hour and a half. I commented that would be 15 minutes after the normal 4:00 check-in, which was not an early check-in. I gave my cell phone number and was promised they would call me as soon as my room was ready. I NEVER received a call.
Another example is when I called to have my car ready. I called guest services 35 minutes in advance. When I went to get my car, I was told by the valet parking that guest services never contacted them and that they often get complaints about this. So if you are only looking for a luxery hotel, this is the place, but if you want service, you might want to try elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank atslk
Reviewed 23 July 2014

while enjoying during my stay at hotel In June 4th to june 8th , most of the things were good but after reaching india i was surprise to recive the credit card bill, they have charged around 283 US$ extra on my credit card, as i was having all the bills with me I wrote to them and immediately responded and sending me the amount but question is how can they charge my credit card? just because we have given the details to them, their reply was as you have checkout late , but i have not checkout late, it was around 11.55am or 12 noon. even as per their system if it was late then at the time of checking out the accountant should have pointed out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends