“Beautiful property Horrible customer service !”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #43 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bronx, New York
“Beautiful property Horrible customer service !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Its a great luxury hotel and very clean, but there's to much goin on, that the actual guests get lost in the mix.. beautiful but as far as customer service this place really sucks. I expected to be acknowledged and not ignored just because they had outside events taking place in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Fontainebleau on honeymoon with my wife. The hotel surpassed our expectations in terms of luxury, cleanliness, service and activities available. We had a room in the Tresor tower with stunning views of the ocean and the streets of Miami beach. Yes the cost of food and drink was on the expensive side but this has to be expected before booking this type of hotel. The staff were faultless for the entire duration of the stay and were only too happy to assist where possible, the rooms were immaculate and generous in size. The in-house signature dining restaurants were a personal favourite with Scarpetta the stand-out of the lot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at the fountainbleau a few weeks ago for the first time with friends. Had an amazing time, especially of our experience on the beach. Looked forward to going everyday from the excellent customer service we received from nekane, eyling, Edwin, Cory, William, Jarvis and Luis! They were very attentive to our needs and always in good spirits, made great recommendations for us first timers and made us feel right at home! I'm usually not one to write reviews but I was so pleased with my service I think they should be recognized. Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kasey H
Monsey, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I had stayed at the actual hotel and was unimpressed however recently we stayed at the Tresòr and it beat all expectations. The room was clean we had a full in suite kitchen as well as living room area.

The kids pool was really nice my wife enjoyed it with our daughter while I was out during the day.

Stayed May 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently visited the Fontainebleau with my husband while he attended the SEAT 2014 conference. It was amazing. I'm not entirely sure what anyone could complain about...maybe the drink prices, but please. You're on vacation!
To be fair, I did lots of research prior to my trip and had a game plan. That helped a lot.
I read that check in lines could be really long, so my plan was to grab a drink in the lobby bar and prepare myself to wait. The line wasn't bad at all, so I didn't need the extra patience. After checking in I took a quick walk around the beautiful property before waking across the street to Walgreens. This is something else I researched in advance. I grabbed two six packs of beer and returned to the room. I knew I'd be paying $22 for margaritas at night, so having beer in the room for potential day drinking was a must.
I also booked a spa appointment in advance. It was simply amazing. The spa was very busy so book well in advance.
The pool is just gorgeous and the staff is super helpful. I also truly enjoyed my time on the beach. Everyone working the pool / beach was friendly and wonderful.
We spent our evenings at the lobby bar and it was SO much fun. Yes, it was expensive, but we didn't do any dinners so we managed our budget. I really can't say enough about how much fun we had on this trip!

Room Tip: Request rooms away from the elevators. The nightclub is very popular on the weekends and around 4 a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mccubma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was my first time at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach and I will definitely be booking another trip soon! I went with three of my friends and our favorite part of the trip was the wonderful experience that we had while on the beach at the resort. Nekane, Edwin, Cory, Eyling, Luis, William, and Jarvis all took care of us during the days we were there and they really made our trip unforgettable! The drinks were delicious, the cabanas were great and it was our best vacation to date!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was very excited when my husband said we would be staying at the Fontainebleau for our trip to Miami. Upon arrival we were greeted by the valet guy who opened the door but sadly did not offer to help with any bags, but since we only had a couple we shrugged it off and went to check in. The lobby area is beautiful! While checking in we were informed that we had to leave a large deposit because apparently folks trash the rooms a lot there. This deposit was not listed on the website. We complained about this to the manager and were given an upgrade to a king suite. This made us happy and made up for the lack of attention from the valet folks.

There are several buildings and finding our building was a little bit of a challenge and sadly no one offered to help us. A note to all, you have insert your room key to work the elevators. There weren't many direction signs in the halls, but since we can count we were able to find our room easy enough. The room itself was awesome, except for the torn carpet. There is a computer, sink, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and toaster. There is also a king bed and a sofa that pulls out into a bed. We loved the bathroom - shower with a "seat" and a deep tub with the bubble jets. The housekeeping is ok. The room was cleaned timely, but some details were missed. We used the ironing board on the first morning and it was never folded up and put back. We used the coffee and it was never replaced.. We did like how our shoes were always tidied up though.

After dropping off our things we went to see some friends and family for a few hours. When we returned around 10 PM the place was jumping. The bar in the lobby was blasting music and there was a line out the door to get into club Liv. In a few hours the place had gone from classy to trashy and we were shocked and disappointed. Another thing I want to mention is the valet took forever to bring our car no matter what time of day or night we requested it. At least 15 mins every time.

We did not eat at any of the table service restaurants, but the quick food was very over priced. $22 for chicken fingers with fries and a soda is way too much. I know at some places things cost more but that is ridiculous. Interestingly we finally went to the bar in the lobby one night and my 7oz mai tai cost the same as my lunch. I don't mind paying $22 for a great drink or great food but this drink and my lunch were not it.

The pools are very nice and we liked that there was cold water available for drinking on the pool deck and plenty of towels and lounge chair covers. We also really enjoyed the kids toys available on the beach for anyone to play with and that they provide 1 beach chair per guest.

While wandering around the hotel rarely did any employee even acknowledge that we were there let alone offer to help if we looked lost.

This hotel looks and costs like a luxury hotel but falls very short on many of the little details that make a luxury hotel stand out. If we were in our early 20s and looking to party at the beach and didn't care about getting our money's worth for supposed luxury then we would have been really happy here. Since we are not those people it is very unlikely we will stay here again.

Room Tip: The main tower where the main lobby is is very very loud at night so you may want to request a room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank tracyandalex
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent stay. Your comments will be reviewed by our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.