“amazing”

Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Ranked #43 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a very big and fabcy hotel in miami.
Superb pools and also a great spa.
The hotel has some very good restaurants and the bar in lobby is very good and happening.
The food though in the hotel is expensive and so are the drinks.
But every room has a apple computer which is very helpful and great.
Over all a very good hotel and good rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The girls get together in Miami is spectacular! The FontaineBleau made it happen. The pool is great for Alexis and my friends children. The service is pronto and very nice service. The ambiance is expectacular, the junior suites are grand. Its certainly the luxe for luxe experience!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently visited Miami and I stayed at the fountainebleu for the first time, I must say my expectations were very high since this hotel was recommended by many of my friends. My girlfriend and I arrived around 1 pm and we were greeted at the front desk by Angela. Angela made me and my girlfriend feel right at home, talking to her was like talking to a friend more than to an employee at the hotel, she was quick with her answers and very attentive, although we arrived before our room was ready, Angela made sure we were happy with our room and even called us to follow up to make sure we were well situated and even made some recommendations on where to eat . She was very professional and very friendly.
After we were situated and unpacked, my girlfriend and I decided to relax by the pool and have a couple of drinks. All the bartenders were great, Roberto and Andres were on point with all the drinks, Passion fruit mojito is a must try there. Andres was very friendly and we even made sure my girlfriend only ordered in Spanish. Club Liiv was so much fun, and the music was great. Great music all day long.
I would recommend this place to everybody. The price is right, the hotel is amazing and the staff is super friendly and professional. I would definitely stayed there again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the 1st minute walking into the room until the minute of departure we had a smile on our face. The place is amazing, beautiful in everyway! Upgraded to the suite with a balcony, worth every penny. BTW, plan to spend a few pennies. From the mandatory $40 per day valet parking, to the $20 per day resort fee (includes wifi/pool/excercise) to the $8 per egg breakfast... Do not go here if short on pennies. Otherwise, GO here. Few items to note, pools close at dawn and they do CLOSE at dawn. Some money making scheme with the local authorities prohibits local stores (walgreens etc) and beer stores from selling alcholol after 10pm.. Apparently the "unwritten" reason is to cause more spend $$ in the hotels and restaurants... Too funny. Entrance to the beach directly from the hotel, 10+ pools and enough hotel bar's to keep you happy. Take note of the 15 min minimum to get your car from valet... call down ahead of time!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view with Balcony... no other choice is acceptable.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have to say I was quite disappointed with the experience at the Fountainebleau. Was there for a Bachelorette with 13 girls, and although the hotel has a lot to offer, it really failed on the service side.

I found all the staff to be extremely rude - from check-in, to housekeeping, to security. It isn't a cheap place to stay, and they add on 18% to every bill you have, so clearly the staff isn't working for their tips. Housekeeping basically just made our beds (not great) and left the room.

It has a lot to offer from location, to pools, restaurants and a club, so on the surface it seems good, but isn't much of an experience.

I would only recommend this hotel for large groups (bachelor or bachelorette parties) as there is a lot there to keep you busy and is very loud, but otherwise I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Katie K
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for reviewing Fontainebleau Miami Beach. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service provided. Your comments will be reviewed by our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Once again the Fontainbleau staff made my wife's and my short 5 day stay this past week quite memorable. From the time we drove up and was greeted by the valet attendant Jay to our fabulous daily enjoyment of the pool facilities we cannot say enough about the outstanding quality of the staff. Most notably we were again treated like "royalty" by Laz, Pool area manager, Cesar, Pool area supervisor, Jefferson and of course Joel Grullon.
Each of these individuals are masters in their areas of responsibility and really know how to make you feel so very special all throughout the day.
Time after time each one of these individuals asked us if we needed anything to make our day even more special. They sincerely cared and always followed through on their promises.
We can easily distinguish that every one of these employees was "handpicked" and weeded out from the normal "run of the mill" pool attendants. They all had the same integrity, character, personality and work ethic.
The first thing my wife and I did was to call the Reservations Department to book two additional stays at the hotel this year so we can experience this adult fantasy land once again! We cannot wait to be greeted by this group of Fontainbleau staff once again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From check in to check out, everything was first class. We were given a great room in the Tresor tower that overlooked the inland waterway, main building, pool, and ocean. Yes, drinks and food are very expensive, but we knew it and received excellent service everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple