Having read many negative reviews regarding service and pricing and pool scene, we
were pleasantly surprised how wonderful our stay was at The Fontainebleau. There for a conference, so reduced corporate room rate. Honestly, everyone we dealt with - from the welcome at the entry, reception, beach guys who got our chaises/umbrellas/towels, pool service people, gym reception, bar tenders, waiters, baggage helpers - everyone was friendly and welcoming. And, a handful pointed out to us that the 18% gratuity was already added to the bill so that we knew up front. Hotel is sleek, contemporary, clean, white...yes, food/drinks are pricey...but don't come to this hotel expecting a bargain...know that going into the experience. We dined at Scarpetta (amazing - great decor, fabulous tasting menu, fabulous service by waiter John), another night at Gotham Steak...very good...and had a drink at the bar at Hakkasan...dramatic/cool atmosphere.
Would have eaten there, but had a company dinner party that night on the hotel grounds
(again - great food and drinks) Chose the beach over the pool, although easy-going music seemed relaxing, chaises, etc all clean
and sleek...vats of ice water with orange slices available at the beach and the pool. Yes, the chaises and umbrellas cost money on the beach, but we knew ahead of time...beach was clean...I was expecting garbage everywhere based on the reviews. It was peaceful, breezy and the water was incredibly clean, clear and warm. We were there Sun thru Weds...so, we didn't get the full weekend scene (just as well!)...and didn't get crowds. Gym was fabulous. Conference covered the gym fee - otherwise $10 entry fee. State of the art equipment, serence, large, airy atmosphere, 2 walls of 2story glass walls overlooking the pool and ocean - wonderful. Room was big enough,
very comfortable bed/pillows, flat screen tv, marble bathroom with large marble shower..Would definitely return to this hotel...a real treat. It's a large complex, so may not be right for those looking for a more personal experience, but all in all - a fabulous stay. The gorgeous weather was a bonus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Florida