“Classy and relaxing with excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Raleigh Miami Beach

The Raleigh Miami Beach
Ranked #31 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Classy and relaxing with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was my and my husband's first time staying at the Raleigh after many years at another property. We had visited the property numerous times to visit their delightful Martini Bar (thank you Vanessa!) and always ogled the incredible swimming pool. Everything was top notch. The property is clean and well maintained, the food delicious and the service was really good. Despite all this, in my mind, it is the people who make me want to return to a place. That being said, I must first thank Bobby, Hillary, Stephanie, Ben, Anna Maria, and Daniel the life guard, for their wonderful service by the pool throughout my stay. Thank you Elkin, Kimberly and Fernando at the front desk for all their help. I cannot begin to thank Julio (assistant front desk manager) and Gabby (front desk manager) for their patience and assistance when I hit a bump during my stay. They were kind and caring and put the service in customer service. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an oasis of relaxation in SoBe.

Room Tip: Cannot beat an ocean view room with a balcony!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud to call Raleigh our home away from home and always hope that our visitors feel welcomed during their stay. The Raleigh pool is a must see, an experience that all of our guests should enjoy its beauty is world renowned and happy to hear that you enjoyed it. We are certainly lucky to have the stars of the Raleigh, all mentioned are certainly special and an asset to each of their areas. We would love to have you back here with us. Please be sure to contact me directly when you are ready for your next trip to Miami Beach!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

This was our first time in Miami and, truth be told, I'm not sure we're south beach people. We tend to like things a bit quieter than you'll find here, but we adored the Raleigh. Beautiful, quaint hotel with fantastic amenities, superb food, and lovely staff. A day at the pool was divine.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies on the 2nd floor don't have much of a view, but the outdoor space is fa...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us. The pool is certainly the gem of what is the Raleigh. We hope that in the chaos of South Beach you were able to find an Oasis here at the Raleigh. We would love to have you back here with us, please contact me directly when you are ready to book.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Just visited the Raleigh hotel for my bachelorette weekend. I love the old Art Deco style of the hotel, the beach and the pool were amazing!
Service left a lot to be desired- we waited almost 20 minutes to check in while there was hardly any line at the front desk. Then the front desk attendant asked my friends if they would like to give up their king rooms to share a suite. They went up to see the room and it was really small with one king bed and a daybed so they switched back.
Also the service at the pool was pretty bad. We had to flag our waitress down as she was by herself and or ordered directly from the bar and got some attitude actually from the bartender.
We had a suite and it was ok- bathroom was small and nothing special.
However the hotel is very cool- I really enjoyed the style of the hotel and I thought the food was very good. Beach was perfect and we enjoyed hanging out there. I would recommend- its not as posh as some nearby hotels but if you just want to hangout and be lowkey I think Raleigh is a great choice. I also loved the martini bar in the lobby!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us from your last stay. We apologize that the service was not to your expectations as it is very important that each of our guests leave with lasting memorable experiences. We always try to offer the most comfortable room accommodations for our bachelorettes and apologize if this option was not best for your group at this time. Our Pool is world renowned and service is of the utmost importance as well as the maintenance of its beauty. The charm of the Raleigh paired with its history is what we are most proud of and work diligently to maintain and preserve for those who share in the love of the Art Deco era. We would love to have you back and experience us again and I will be more than happy to take care of you. Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to book. We hope to see you again at the Raleigh.

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We´ve just arrived from a week at the hotel. The location is perfect: just a few blocks from Lincoln Street and the famous Española Way. It is located in the perfect spot were everithing is close, but with enough distance to make the hotel rooms really quiet. (Ocean drive is just ten blocks away). The hotel is being remodelated by sectors. The lobby an pool are really beautiful, decorated with very good taste. A remarcable thing is the size of the pool area, almost twice y size than bigger hotels. All the people working there was wonderful. A bad thing of most hotels of the area is the parking charge...its about USD 39!!! But, the really weak point in this hotel are the rooms. They are really old and the size of de bed doesn´t match the size of the bedroom! The manager told me that next year they will be solving that issue. If they keep their promise this hotel will be perfect.

Room Tip: Be sure they don´t put you near the place were the cleaning team puts their stuff!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are in a prime location for our guests to enjoy the beauty of our pool and beach as well as the luxury of being just a few steps away from the additional dining and shopping that is available on Lincoln Road. Being an Art Deco property the history and charm of the property is our biggest focus to maintain its integrity. We do anticipate to see continuous upgrades throughout the property with preserving everything that is the Raleigh. We are happy that you enjoyed the pool area and hope that you will visit us again soon!

Eastcote
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was our last place to stay after doing a 3 week tour around the south east. So we booked this thinking it would be a lovely luxury hotel going by the website and the price. Dont get me wrong the hotel is very nice but I did expect more. I know everywhere in south beach is expensive, but expect to pay $18 for a small BLT, or $16 for a cocktail. The pool is the centre piece of the hotel and is very nice but I think they have some maintenance to do on it. There is a small moat that goes round the edge of the main pool, the paint from this was peeling off and then floating around in the pool with the other leaves etc which I never saw anyone net out. Also if touched the side the paint would come off on your hands like if it was wet.

Also buyer beware If you book through expedia or similar site they dont make it clear nor do the hotel that there is an extra resort fee of $23 a day. Which I was told was for the use of towels and wifi!?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your last stay with us. I understand how the pricing can be a bit of a shock and can assure you that the pricing is competitive with our neighbors and average for South Beach resorts. We hope that the pricing aligned with the service and quality of the food and Restaurant Michael Schwartz is a shining jewel on the property. We appreciate the feedback regarding the pool and will certainly address the concerns, as The Raleigh pool is famous and want to maintain its beauty. We hope that we are able to have you back with us and try the service again, I would love to personally handle you reservation. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me directly to book.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is beginning to look like the Raleigh Chronicles. I keep coming back and talking about it.
Since my last stay at the Raleigh in April, there have been a few noticeable changes and there are more coming.
My check in hit a little snag. I do not expect, nor may I demand that the room be ready. I'd rather drop off my bag and jump in the ocean. I do appreciate the fact that I was given a room, however wrong and, perhaps, misguided it was, at the very unreasonable hour before the official 3 pm. Later on, the very pleasant Tiffany, the Guest Services Manager, was able to resolve the issue rather quickly. It really made a difference. I come from a noisy city, and I'd rather have a quieter room. Soundproofing at the Raleigh is an inherent issue. I believe they are looking at addressing it as they begin to refit the rooms, floor by floor, from the top down, next year. As I mentioned before, I hope the fix-up does not eliminate the vintage appeal of this landmark. No beige drapery and furniture, no Fornasetti commonplace, please.
My room wasn't the most desirable (next to the elevator) but it had a small entry way, unlike garden view rooms, where you literally walk into your bed. Tiffany told me that SBE bought the property across Collins Ave. Curious to see how that is developed. I am quite sure it won't have the iconic deco pool. Word to the wise: The Shelborne Hotel next door is being remodeled. It is noisy by the pool.
The restaurant is fully rebranded and it is good (Michael Schwartz is the chef). The Food and Beverage Manager Daniel (?) is out chatting with the guests and buying them drinks (I wasn't that lucky though) and talking about the impending changes, like upgrading the pool furnishings, extending the cabanas, etc.
The menu is great. I had the excellent fish stew, the kale salad, the awesome thin sliced chips, the fish tacos and just about every desert on the menu. Do try the prix fixe in the evening!
The umbrellas at the beach still cost you the tacky $15. Really?? Even with the resort fee??
Lastly, three words: Hillary, Robert and Joan. There's something to be said about seeing familiar faces and being welcomed back. Surprisingly, at the room, I didn't get the always nice handwritten note, nor fruit, nor water this time. Oh, well!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelOnceMonthly
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We certainly are happy that you have decided to continue to visit us and work diligently to provide you with the best service. I apologize that you had a little snag in your arrival but as always we ensure to make each of our guests comfortable and happy that we were able to move you to a more comfortable accommodation for the remainder of your stay. Restaurant Michael Schwartz is our jewel and proud that you enjoyed the food as well as the great service that Daniel provides to all of our guests. Our Pool staff is certainly stars and almost compliment the beauty of the pool, happy to hear that you felt welcomed home. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to book. I look forward to hearing from you!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

What a wonderful stay my wife and I had at this unique hotel. From the moment we arrived we were extremely satisfied with the service and amenities . Our room had a perfect view of the historic pool and of the ocean. The room was wonderful and quiet. Complimentary champagne was delivered for our anniversary. The whole property was spotless and quiet while being in a perfect location in South Beach. The shower was the best shower of any place we have ever stayed. This was our 3rd visit to South Beach and we will never stay anywhere else but the Raleigh.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany M, Guest Relations Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Awesome review! Always proud to have another satisfied guest to leave with positive memorable experiences and what a better time than your Anniversary for a celebration of love. The best news is you are coming back and we cant wait to have you! Please be sure to contact me directly when you are ready to book.