The Raleigh Miami Beach
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$286
  • Beachfront
The Betsy - South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$557
Official Site
  • Pool
Room Mate Lord Balfour(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$225
Room Mate Hotels
  • Beachfront
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$274
US$231
US$216
  • Beachfront
Pestana Miami South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$154
Pestana Hotel Group
US$455
US$366
Agoda.com
1,641 results
All reviewsmartini barmichael schwartzart decopool areabeautiful poolclassic hotelrooms are smallbeach accesslincoln roadbeach staffhotel restaurantthe entire stafflounge chairsan umbrellaocean driveocean frontshore club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Rooms were small, dated, but chic in a art deco sort of way. Their restaurant was beautiful at night and the pool area is beyond amazing by day or by night. I would highly recommend this hotel for a girls/guys weekend, group event, wedding or couples trip. It doesn't have huge amenities for the business traveler or for kids. Another plus is that this hotel does have direct access to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank EarthOcean
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Greetings, thank you for your review and for taking the time to convey your experience with us. Being a boutique and historic property, the Raleigh has what would be considered more of a classic and even vintage feel to it, it is one of the aspects that defines us as a hotel. We're glad you enjoyed the pool, which is certainly our single most representative feature and has a special life and atmosphere all it's own. Regarding our amenities, we will continue to strive and improve to cater to our guest's needs and demands. We would love to have you stay with us on your next visit to Miami. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist with anything that you may need for your future stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We came for the prime oceanfront location, the old school feel (with class) and the stunning pool and lobby. But we will return because of the staff! Every single employee we interacted with was courteous, friendly, and engaging. They were eager to go the "extra mile" to provide a memorable visit.

Dinning poolside should not be missed! Kyra and Abraham were very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. You're thoughts and sentiments are truly what make us thrive. I concur, that although this a beautiful and landmark hotel, it is the people, our staff, that make the Raleigh special. We will always be willing to go the"extra mile" for you, that is what we love to do. I will be sure to relay your compliments to Kyra and Abraham, I'm very happy that they provided memorable service. We would love to have you have you again and again. Please contact me directly to assist you with arrangements for your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

overall it's a nice hotel but too expensive regarding the old rooms. Beautiful poolside and terrace.
Rooms are small and outdated. I got an email beforehand to ask about the purpose of the trip, a wedding anniversary, this was never mentioned afterwards... At check-in they couldn't find the package (Rise and shine) I bought or it's extra's... Paid extra for a terrace, next to the terrace about 30ft away is a huge machine making a terrible noise which makes you hurry inside again.
People are very friendly and the restaurant serves real good food. Ambience is great but was disappointed by the rooms. Small fitness at the SLR.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We truly appreciate you taking a few moments to share your experience at the Raleigh with us. We love that our pool and outside commons were to your liking, and that you felt our staff's overall friendliness and warm demeanor. We're also glad you enjoyed the food at Restaurant Michael Schwartz, we've had some great feedback from guests and patrons, and we're very happy to have them as part of the Raleigh family. Regarding the rooms; we do have standard room sizes for a hotel considered to be a boutique and historic property, also the decor and design follow this streamline esthetic. We do have plans for a standard renovation and updates to our room in the summer of next year, which will definitely enhance the condition without altering the integrity of the design or the look and feel of the Raleigh. We would love for you to stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with any future reservations

Regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have continually stayed at the Raleigh after it was renovated. It is the perfect Miami getaway in every aspect whether I stay in the Esther Williams suite or suite 711 the room view and amenities are great. I particularly enjoy the pool its definitely a relaxing easy going experience with quiet background music exceptional food and service. Definitely not jammed with people like other pools on Collins and no kids screaming Marco Polo.The staff service at the front desk, valet, restaurant and bar are welcoming courteous and very helpful although staff changes occur year to year it seems seamless to me. I really enjoy grabbing a bottled coke and brownie in the 24 hr cappuccino bar on my way in,probably run a bigger tab than at the restaurant. I have stayed at the finest hotels around the world and as good as some of are their all like camping out compared to the Raleigh.

Room Tip: Any room with an ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings and thank you for your review. It is your loyalty that makes the Raleigh what it is and it is the reason why we are able to develop such a rich history with so many of our guests. We're glad that you have stayed with us often enough that you have favorites among our rooms, and there is definitely a reason why the Esther Williams Suite is named after one of the major starlets of the Hollywood Golden Age. We do like to think that we are a relaxing oasis amidst the some times non-stop clamor of a vacation destination like South Beach, also, our Coffee Bar, which sounds like a favorite spot of yours, and the Martini Bar are two of those special nooks in our property that we consider to be time capsules,with the style of the "old" but comfort of the "new." We look forward to welcoming you back and helping you create some more timeless memories.

Best,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Directly booked hotel asking TWO representatives recommendation for the best room at Raleigh to celebrate DH 60th birthday 31 days prior. Also confirmed no parties scheduled at Raleigh Sun/Mon/Tues Sept.15-17, 2013 as aware this might sometimes be the case. Representative assured me not much going on for the dates I booked. (That was an understatement- probably didn't see a dozen couples the whole time we were there. But continue reading.) Noted room upgrade offer online, but was told the only way to assure the Sky Loft Suite was to book it without upgrade option and not risk it not being available.

Upon 3pm check-in I was told that a terrace room was booked for me because that was the room they would offer me at the price I received $480/night and I would also have to wait for the room to be cleaned and that was the best they could do. I told them I was very disappointed as I was expecting the Sky Loft, and went to the restaurant to have a bite and try to find my paper print-out of confirmation as my smartphone had already deleted the post 30 day confirmation and guess what... the Raleigh Hotel doesn't have internet access and said there was no way I could check my email for confirmation. At 4pm I went back to the desk and spoke to Jasmel Acosta who was kind enough to find an iPad in-house to borrow where I pulled up my confirmation for the Sky Loft. Then Jasmel told me I could not have the Sky Loft because I had 3 persons in my party - wrong! Then Jasmel proceeded to tell me that I would not want the Sky Loft because there is a very large party from MAXIM MAGAZINE that would be above AND below AND sharing my terrace. He then insisted that I take a different suite in 704 which faced the noisy street and construction with no water view or 711 that was smaller, faced the pool and had noise from the elevator shaft. Took the smaller suite so at least we could see the pool since that's why we came. Note as previously mentioned there are only 4 rooms with small patios that you can see the pool from. The 4 rooms with larger terraces only look at the palm trees. BTW all the outdoor patios are subjected to the noise of air-conditioning units from the building next door which is close enough to throw a stone to. All the other rooms at the Raleigh have no outdoor access.

Assumed we would be given some type of discount from the booked amount since it was not the "best suite in the place". Ha! We were still charged $480/night plus taxes and fees and given a coupon for a "free drink". Oh ya- I also got the anxiety of scoping out for Maxim Magazine models parading through the lobby which NEVER OCCURRED and anger watching the lights remain off in the Sky Loft Suite (and all the upper level suites) which was quite visible from our room.

There obviously was no party going on at the Raleigh. In fact the place had very low census and I can not fathom why the Raleigh would so blatantly lead customers on as otherwise I would have given the facility a lovely review. You may ask why I didn't make a bigger fuss?? Well let's just say this information is between you and I loyal TripAdvisor readers as I certainly was not going to share this with my DH and ruin his birthday surprise - whichever way you might imagine with or without Maxim Magazine.

Room Tip: There are only 4 terrace rooms with garden view and 4 patio rooms with pool view. be careful reading descriptions.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PKonVACA
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please know that guest experience and satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we're truly sorry that you don't feel like you received the service and attention that all our guests deserve. Room categories, such as the Loft, are only guaranteed upon booking that specific room type, although we do note all requests for possible upgrades. I would love to speak to you further regarding your stay and and we would love to have you stay with us again.

Best,