“Great old-school hotel in the heart of Miami Beach”

The Raleigh Miami Beach
Ranked #36 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great old-school hotel in the heart of Miami Beach”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had a wonderful two night stay at the Raleigh March 2014. One night was with my kids and the other was not. The pool area is wonderful, cozy and well staffed. The beach is obviously enormous but the service for chairs, drinks was great. The room was smallish, but styled well. My main complaint would be the bathroom… I am all for old/cool but I do think they need to step it up a bit in this area. I don't mind, but fear that others would. The food for both breakfast and lunch was amazing… with great service. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your sharing your review with us. We are so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy both some time for yourself and some time with your kids. We're thrilled that you very much enjoyed our own Restaurant Michael Schwartz and that our iconic pool was one of the hallmarks of your stay; it does make for the perfect spot to getaway and lull in the Florida sun. I have duly noted your observation regarding the bathroom. We can't wait to have you back as well.

Warm regards,
Brian Vujnovic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We have stayed at the Raleigh several times before and returned recently for a special occassion. The staff could not have been more accomodating and helpful. Ulike many of the other big, loud South Beach hotels this one is pure understated elegance. The Raleigh is a South Beach gem!

1 Thank Victor F
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff could assist in making this special ocassion a memorable one. Above all else we pride ourselves on our personable and friendly service. We look forward to your return.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We just spent five days staying at the Raleigh and had a wonderful time. Of course the pool area was very beautiful, and the water nice and warm. The surroundings are lush and inviting. Access to the very open, clean beach (just steps away) was easy and direct, and we enjoyed free lounge chairs as guests of the Raleigh. All the food we had at the hotel, whether outdoors or from room service, was delicious. All the employees, and I mean ALL, were very friendly and sweet. The design of the hotel is classic but comfortable, and the room was just fine. My only minor complaint was there was no coffee machine in the room (although the espresso/juice bar was open 24 hours), and the bathroom mirror cabinet over the rather shallow sink stuck out and there was not much room to wash your face without hitting your forehead......silly, but noticeable. I find myself feeling not only that I miss South Beach, but that I miss "the Raleigh". I would love to come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
brian v, General Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your time and review. We would certainly love to welcome you back time and time again. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our pool, beach access, the food (both from the restaurant and room service) and above all that you found the staff to be friendly, sweet and ever eager to please. I have duly noted your observations for both the coffee (although as you stated we do offer a 24 coffee bar) and the placement of the bathroom mirror cabinet. We hope we don't have to wait too long to welcome you back.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I absolutely love this hotel. It is the most beautiful and serene oasis in the middle of South Beach. My husband and I have been staying here for years and every time we come, we have a perfect vacation. The grounds are gorgeous, the restaurant is amazing, and the staff is beyond incredible, warm, and friendly! The Raleigh is our all-time favorite vacation spot. I can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We are thrilled and so truly gratfeul to be praised by you as "The Best". Our goals is to continue being the best in your book for years to come and for you to count on the Raleigh to be that little quintessential oasis, and place to relax and get pampered that you know and love. Thank you kindly for your warm remarks and enduring loyalty.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We just spent the weekend at the Raleigh and it was just what the doctor ordered!
I love the pool area, it brings you back in time and is so beautiful. The outdoor space is lush and tropical, orchids everywhere! We honestly never left the Hotel. Lunch by the pool was amazing, the pizza's and mojito's are the best! We hung out at that the beach before our late afternoon nap in our deluxe room! The bed was comfortable and sheets were crisp and clean. I love the original terrazzo floor and vintage inspired drapes. We had champagne at the bar before dinner & then dinner at the hotel restaurant. We decided to eat inside in the grand dinning room, which also brings you back in time! The entire staff was nice, cool and super friendly! Evgenia at the front was amazing and helpful! We will totally be back for another mini vacation soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
We are thrilled that you had a relaxing and and enjoyable time with us. So many of our features, such as the pool and terrazzo floors, are either heirlooms or inspired by the original design of the Raleigh, something to provide a classic if not nostalgic flare. Our lush pool, oasis, and beach area are perfect for getting some therapeutic R&R. We're so glad that you also the chance to dine at our fabulous restaurant Micheal Scwhartz which boasts some ecclectic and orginal creations by the master chef of the same name. Evgenia is a shining star and I'm so very happy to hear that she, along with our staff, were earnestly avaiable to assist you and ensure you had an amazing stay. We can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Classic hotel, a great place to relax and enjoy good food, drink and sunshine. The staff are incredibly attentive and charming. Although the rooms are not the most modern in the area, they have been upgraded and offer clean, comfortable living. Absolutely my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you kindly for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed a healthy dose of wining, dining, good service and warm sunshine. Although the Raleigh is more of an older and classical property we do definitely provide all the conveniences and comfort of a more modern hotel. We are so happy to hear that we "are you favorite place to stay" and we will strive to continue to be worthy of this merit.

New York
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was my second time spending an afternoon at the Raleigh and the staff was once again so amazing my friend and I had to tell the manager. Turns out he (Dan I think his name was) is pretty amazing as well. The whole place is cool. And so friendly. From the valet to the servers to the life guards. I would move in, if I could. But at least I can visit. For now anyway. New York sends its love. Peace, everyone.

PS: Please take over the Mayfair Hotel in the Grove and make it what it once was. I have a house around the corner. And that property needs your help. Such a beautiful hotel, but the management has lost its way.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for warm remarks. I am thrilled to hear that you consider the Raleigh to have the "best staff in south beach." Our team is definitely our most valuable resource because every person is empowered and obliged to create for you the welcoming and happy experience we like to impart on all our guests. I'm glad that everyone did their part with warmth and a smile. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with our RMS manager Daniel, he is a wonderful element to our team and I will share your warm comments with him as well. The Mayfair hotel I guess we'll have to see about..but you never know, right? We look forward to seeing you soon.