“The Raleigh is well worth a visit”

The Raleigh Miami Beach
Ranked #36 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“The Raleigh is well worth a visit”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been to the Raleigh four times in the last three years. This is an art deco hotel with character.Front desk personnel are great and very helpful and accommodating. Restaurant is also very good and they always try to accommodate me because I am a vegetarian and gluten free.The pool is probably the best and most unique pool in Miami Beach. Don't ask me how-but I have made it a point to swim in the pools of many other hotels and I know what I'm talking about. If you're looking for a negative-the TV is not so great-and that does not matter one bit-unless you plan on staying in your room all day. I really really like the hotel and I plan on going back on a yearly basis. Staff always makes me feel welcome.

Room Tip: Check out the specials on their website.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bruce B
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
: Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to have welcomed you back for the third year in a row. We are happy that you found a special niche and home away from home in the Raleigh. We like to think that our property does have a special chracter and feel certainly helped by our iconic pool, which we agree is pretty spectacular and probably the loveliest pool in Miami Beach. We're glad that front desk was accomodating and friendly and once again stood out in your experience. We will definitely look into the TV issue. We would love to welcome you back same time next year, or sooner of course. Please feel free to contact me directly with your future arrangements.

Warm regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Stanley, Falkland Islands
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Have stayed here three times for business. Always excellent rooms and service.
My only criticism that the food delivery in the restaurant is always very slow, breakfast especially takes a very long time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed a wonderful stay and that you found both our rooms and service to be wonderful. I'm sorry to hear thet you found that the breakfast service at the restaurant to be slow, please know that this is not our standard and we I will look into why the service might have been slower on this occassion, We would love to welcome you back soon.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel is very classy and pretty but there is no doubt it is old. The rooms are very old and it was a bit disappointing.
We were located in a room that is outside the corridor and in the stairway. It felt like we "worth less" than other guests. I think you should inform guests about the special location of this room.
In addition,our room had a door so it could be connected to another room. Was pretty suprising to get this "family" room as we were in a honeymoon. Once the kids in the other room tried to get in...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. We're truly delighted that overall you had a great stay and that you found the hotel to be "classy and pretty." The Raleigh is in fact one of the hotels on the strip that is truest to the the original look and design of the day, ie. 1940's and 1950's. We're sorry to hear that you found certain aspects of the hotel to be old and/or dated. We do have some renovation and refurbishment scheduled to take place in the foreseeable future which we trust will enhance our guest experience and comfort without compromising the integrity and character of the Raleigh. We hope this also means that you wil considering returning for a future visit. Please feel free to contact me with any inquiries or future assistance.

Front Desk Manager
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is indeed the older, chicer sister of the SLS. The decor has an Art Deco charm that captures the golden era of Miami Beach. The pool is neat, relaxing and beautiful. This hotel takes you back in time (in a good way)

• Stayed May 2014
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you kindly for your review. We are indeed the Grand Dame of the hotels on the strip and the older sister to the SLS. Our history and age are among the qualities that define us, a fact the we are happy that you tapped into and enjoyed. The pool is also a hallmark and a favorite spot among our guests. We are thrilled that you had a great stay and would love to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Pros:

Nice helpful staff
Nice pool
Room was a bit outdated - needs a lick of pain and a spruce up
Lobby and bar are nice and spacious with a sitting area
The Pool outside was very large and heated to a perfect temperature
Very clean

Cons

Staff for the restaurant and bar outside were not helpful and didn't really want to work. It made myself and my husband not want to stay. We walked out once as it took the bar staff 15 minutes to even take our order and it wasn't busy.

Our room was a little outdated. It needed a good lick of paint and a upgrade

There wasn't a gym in the hotel you had to go to their sister hotel SLS to use their gym and the gym wasn't even nice - stuffed away in a cellar

I don't think i would stay there again - it just wasn't my kind of hotel

Room Tip: Over looking the sea and pool
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AlexinaGraham
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool, lobby and bar, and that you found our staff to be very helpful and the cleanliness of our rooms and/or commons to be excellent. We're very sorry to hear that you found your room to be somewhat dated and the service at the restaurant to be lacking. We will certainly look into these issues and will seek to address them to the best of our ability. We would love another opportunity to provide you with the "true Raleigh" experience. If you wish, please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay in further detail and assist you with arrangements for a future visit.

Helsinki
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have been back to wonderful South Beach and decided to try out The Raleigh hotel as part of our accommodation during our stay. This is a pricey establishment in a pricey part of Miami Beach and with all the hype, gratuity and mandatory resort fees you do have certain expectations. Some were fulfilled, some not.

What was I looking for? Well, that special something that a hotel built in the art deco era would have, a wonderful lush (famous) pool area, great staff and cool rooms. Check, check, check and check! At the same time there were things I just cannot get over... The breakfast was bad and expensive. Everything seemed pre-cooked/out of a bag and had no taste. (We never had dinner at the hotel). Even though the room had a very comfortable bed and the decoration was suave, most of the furniture had seen better days. Many reviews say that the walls are thin, you can hear people talking, loud music playing somewhere and that you need earplugs. I agree. Yes, I know you are in SoBe but still it is a bit annoying, one needs his/her beauty sleep.

All in all, yes, a great three night stay that took you back in time, with a wonderful pool area and beach, helpful friendly staff and of course all the shopping, restaurants, hotels and what not right there. But I cannot get over the feeling it lacked something. I guess I wanted more out of my stay. I wanted to rave about this place. Now I'm giving it three strong points out of five. We heard a rumor that Tommy Hilfiger has bought the place and will renovate it soon. Maybe we'll go back then and see if we get everything we want!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FlyingFinLin
Thank you for sharing your review and recent experience with us. We are thrilled that some of the highlights of your stay were the service, the pool, the location and the look and feel of the hotel. We're very sorry to hear that the breakfast at the restaurant was not to your liking and that you in fact found your room to be noisy and the furniture in your accommodation to be somewhat dated; we will look certainly look into a remedy and if possible, if you would so permit, to redeem ourselves for these shortcomings on a future stay. Please know that as our guest your satisfaction and fulfillment are of the utmost importance to us. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you in anyway I can for your return.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had the fortune of staying at The Raleigh on a weekend that could be best described as inappropriate for children...South Beach Urban Weekend. Only the excellent staff and artfully restored Raleigh Hotel enabled us to enjoy our Memorial Day Holiday Weekend.

The staff was beyond professional, rather, everyone was more akin to Concierge in their deportment and treatment of our family. From a hotel staff member staying on the phone for 20 minutes guiding us through roadblocks set up by Miami Beach police to upgrading our room upon arrival -- my first such experience for a Hotwire.com booking -- I have only praise for the hotel and its staff.

Much has been written on TripAdvisor.com about the pool at The Raleigh (both good and less respectful). I found the pool area to be very modern and welcoming with a spotless swimming pool, great poolside seating and easy access to the beach.

As for the room, it was nothing short of spectacular with two Plasma flat screen TVs, a great pool view, and spotless in terms of cleanliness.

You can't go wrong at this hotel. Sure, the valet parking is expensive, but they're timely and thoughtful and this is, after all, South Beach.

Kudos to the staff and management at The Raleigh.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that our staff cooperated and conspired to make you stay as wonderful as possible. Although Memorial Day weekend, as with many long weekends in Sobe, can be a little busy, we are happy to hear that you were still able to make the best of your time and get the maximum enjoyment out of your holiday. It is very gratifying to hear that your impression of the Raleigh an your positive experience actually started before you checked in, when the Concierge navigated you to the hotel over the phone, there were in fact roadblocks, traffic and detours all throughout the city that weekend and of course not knowing the area or where to get around I'm sure made it that much more disconcerting, at any rate, we're glad that your experience was a memorable one (in a good way) from there on out. We would love to have you as our guest again soon. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with future accommodation.