“Great stay”

Ranked #36 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great stay”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed one night. The decor is nice. They even have a beach bag you can borrow for a day at the pool/beach. There was an iPod docking station too. The location can't be beat. You can walk to Lincoln Road and Espanola Way. The pool area was incredible. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay, and that although brief you had a great experience. We agree that the pool is pretty incredible and certainly a hallmark of the hotel. I'm also pleased that you were able to enjoy many of our amenities like our beach bag, docking station, and location among other things. We would love to welcome you back again soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights as part of our honeymoon. By far the best hotel of our trip.

At check in we were upgraded to a room with a terrace. Stunning room!

The hotel is a gorgeous art-deco hotel that has been beautifully maintained. The pool area is really cool and is timeless in terms of imagining the old stardom of the 50's etc, hanging out sipping martinis.

The hotel has it's own area on south beach were waiter service is provided.

Food is also great with room service at breakfast highly recommended.

Overall I really enjoyed the feel of this hotel and it is a really cool place to stay.

Stayed July 2014
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are thrilled that you chose the Raleigh as your destination for your Honeymoon, it seems like the hotel's intimate and romantic ambiance was just perfect for this occassion. I'm glad you particularly enjoyed the terrace and we will definitely bear in mind that this is a room that you are partial to for your future visits. The nostalgic feel and maintained look of the original design are definitely some of our defining attributes. We would love to welcome you back to celebrate your anniversary or sooner.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We spent two nights here in April for a family wedding and really enjoyed the entire experience. All of the staff were top notch in their provision of customer service, and we truly felt that the atmosphere was comfortable and welcoming. The pool area is amazing, and we had the reception behind it, in a sort of tropical oasis - great food and drink was provided by the Raleigh, and did not disappoint. Some of our family stayed in the top floor, which has an incredible view from the lounge, and was a great place for them to stage their preparations for the ceremony.

Our room was a nice, large room with all the comforts you would expect from a SoBe art deco hotel. We loved the beach, and the beach staff were very attentive to our needs. Overall, it's a great resort experience. It is, of course, quite expensive - bring your (full) wallet. You definitely get what you pay for, though.

This hotel is often used for special events, so be sure to inquire about the availability of the pool and grounds, so that you aren't finding any conflicts that might be unacceptable to you.

Would definitely return for a weekend getaway with my wife - will be interesting to see how the renovations in the near future change the place.

Room Tip: The corner suite was huge and had a great view of the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy a truly memorable wedding at the Raleigh and make the most out of your stay. Thank you for the kudos to our staff; I’m so happy to know that each and every one of our team collaborated to ensure you were taken care of. We would love to welcome you back for a special getaway with your wife. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with your arrangements for your return.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

When my wife and I went on vacation, we had a great experience thanks to the beach attendant, Trey! He was courteous, polite, and made our time at the beach great. The room was clean, nice, and well appointed. The concierge was also really helpful setting up our stay as well.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed a great experience and that Trey was a big part of making sure that you had a wonderful time, he is definitely one of our superstars and someone we’re very proud to have as one of our own. I’m glad that the room was to your liking and that concierge was helpful and affable and helped you get situated. We would love to welcome you back.

North Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have previously stayed at the Raleigh and have always enjoyed the hotel's atmosphere and the pool. We booked several months ago for the 4th of July weekend with plans to relax by the pool and ocean. Unfortunately the management (SLS) never warned the hotel guests that it had leased out the pool area for 2 days. The pool and grounds were leased to a promotor that brought in a DJ and sold almost 1,000 tickets each day. When we complained to the front desk, we were told that management did not inform them of the event until the last minute. It was extremely crowded and loud. The event was like a "Jersey Shore" type party. I felt very badly for a family that booked the hotel 8 months earlier for a 65th wedding anniversary. None of the hotel guests were happy with the crowd or the noise. The Raleigh is not a Vegas type hotel and the new owners and management should have a better understanding of its clientele. We were not offered a refund or an upgrade, and we do not plan to return.
Patrick
Jacksonville, Fl

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tiffany M, Front Office Manager at The Raleigh Miami Beach, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us. I totally empathize with your point of view and completely understand your frustration. What was meant to be a memorable celebration with your family, and clearly you chose the Raleigh for it’s relaxed and laid back atmosphere, certainly did not turn out to be that way. Please know that events of this nature aren’t commonplace or typical to the Raleigh except for specific occasions. Although we can’t give you back this precious time you had set aside with your family in the scenario you expected we would like to make sure that you to feel like you were treated fairly and any concession we can make to safeguard your relationship with the Raleigh we will commit too. Please free to contact me directly to discuss this in further detail.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Let me start off by saying, I used to work at the Four Seasons, so I have personal experience working in the hospitality industry.

The front desk staff was kinda all over the place. There was no uniform/dress code policy or nametags worn by anyone I encountered at the front desk. Seems not to the standard of a "4 star property"...

I had 2 issues while here...First, I purchased a ticket for an open-top bus sightseeing tour. The front desk agent told me that the last bus was @ 6pm. Something told me to check the schedule myself online, but I went to enjoy the beach for a couple hours and then went to wait for the bus @ 6. When the bus came by, it was empty and they told me the tours were done for the day. When I went back to the front desk to ask about a refund, a different agent told me it wasn't hotel policy to sell 3rd party vendors' tickets. Which seemed odd because when I bought the ticket earlier that day, the agent pulled out a binder filled with tickets, so they had to have sold them at some point, or else why would they have so many? This agent told me to hang on to my ticket and that they would look into a refund for me.

2nd issue, Sometime during my 2nd day there the room's smoke detector battery started beeping, this usually happens when the battery needs to be replaced. I informed the front desk on my way out around 7:30 pm. When I returned around 11:30 pm, the smoke detector was still beeping. I also saw a small bug on the wall behind the bed when I returned to the room this time. (I should have taken a picture to prove this because I didn't report it) but I was on my way out. Plus I figured I would be moving rooms anyway because the smoke detector was still beeping. Around midnight, on my way out, I stopped again to tell the front desk the issue hadn't been corrected. I was then told engineering had gone for the day so no one was there who could fix it. Why didn't anyone tell me this when I initially reported it? The front desk agent on duty at this time offered a room change, but I was on my way out and definitely wouldn't feel like moving bags when I came back in the early morning hours. He said "Hopefully the beeping will stop on its own" or that he would offer some form of compensation for the inconvenience.

When I returned around 3 am, of course, it was still beeping. The front desk agent sent someone up with keys to a nearby room for me to sleep for the night. Okay in the end, but overall could have been handled better.

At checkout, I asked about the refund for the tour ticket, as instructed, and again another front desk agent seemed clueless. She asked me to wait for the manager who was in a meeting. When the manager was done with the meeting, she never addressed me to apologize for the issues with my stay, and just sent word back via the agent that I couldn't get a refund for the tour ticket. Needless to say, I will not be staying here again. Luckily, I booked this room at a 48% discount on its full priced rate, but even with a steep discount I would recommend trying another hotel along this strip of Collins Avenue. It just isn't worth it at full price when there are other newer hotels within the same price range nearby. Hope this helps...

Room Tip: Rooms are on the small side and furniture is old and scratched up
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was seriously hindered by the issues you encountered. Please know that any request, inquiry, or anytime there is any form of verbal communication on the part of our guests it is of the utmost importance to respond expeditiously and professionally, it Is my sincere regret that this was not the case on multiple points and certainly if your inquires had been attended to with immediacy I have no doubt that your experience could have been salvaged. I would like to discuss both the situation with this tour you purchased tickets for, the issue with the smoke detector and how this was handled and any other concerns you may still have if you had a moment. We would love to redeem ourselves as a prestigious and classic art deco hotel with professional staff if so graciously given the opportunity by you. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was with my husband in Miami for a conference, and the Raleigh is perfectly located just 2 blocks from the Conference Center. Close enough to run back for lunch and mojito breaks between sessions.
Everything on South Beach is expensive (some of it is even worth it), so your best bet is to find a place with great service. When I think of great service, I want genuinely friendly, professional staff. Staff that is obviously more concerned with guests enjoying their stay than in simply earning a tip. The Raleigh did not disappoint. Staff were extremely accommodating (had balloons & cake waiting in our room for my husband's birthday, even when we didn't arrive until the middle of the night). The beach staff (David & Trey) were always anticipating what we needed before we asked, without "hovering" when we wanted to relax. The front desk staff (Tiffany & E. especially stand out), were genuinely kind and professional.
The pool and oasis area of the Raleigh property is truly worth a stay. When you are tired of sunning by the pool, move over to an oasis cabana and relax while reading your book. It was really perfect, my most relaxing experience while in Miami. We are not into the party and clubbing scene, but obviously all of that is close at hand on South Beach. Despite the proximity of parties, the rooms were quiet and very comfortable (perfect AC/fan combo), and stylishly sparse (HUGE walk in closet and spacious bathroom with amazing water pressure!)
Would definitely recommend the Raleigh to anyone staying on South Beach!

Room Tip: Room facing the side street was perfectly quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that the Raleigh was a perfect fit and especially convenient and strategically located for you conference. We’re so happy that you were able to mix in some pleasure and leisure along with work and that you were celebrating your husband’s birthday whilst here and that you were pleasantly surprised with balloons and cake in the room. Thank you so much for your acknowledgement, it is my pleasure to make sure you were having a wonderful stay and that you were enjoying yourselves, and I know that I can also speak for Evgenia, David and Trey when I say that your happiness and satisfaction are our best reward. The pool and oasis area are definitely hallmarks for relaxation and leisure and I am delighted to hear that they were a staple during your stay and that you were able to enjoy the rest of what the Raleigh has to offer. We would love to welcome you back very soon.