Just home from my 2 weeks stay at the Raleigh.
Omg I love that place.
I fell in love with Miami but the Raleigh is the reason why i keep returning to Sobe.
The hotel is a real Art Deco gem right on the beach close to all main attractions.
The rooms are nice( some of them offer a magnificent view of the pool and the beach) though "basic": but that is probably the reason why people keep year after year returning to the Raleigh. It kept during all those years the authenticity of the building and not cheap make overs like some of it neighbor hotels.
Expect an Art Deco room and an Art Deco bathroom.
If you are not sensitive to "authenticity" you won't be pleased with the decoration and amenities.
The penthouse is amazing: it has been used over to years to host private events and numerous fashion
If you want to watch lots of fake boobs, lamborghinis and extremely loud music you will be disappointed.
If you want to chill in a relaxed environment and be surrounded by a hip/ lay back crowd this is the place.
Don't be surprised to bump into a famous star or that fashion photographer you always admired...
The pool is just awesome. Probably one of the most iconic pools ever!
The oasis and it's cabanas behind the pool allow you to chill during the day.
The restaurant serves great food but I would recommend the outdoor seating- absolutely magical to have dinner there at night...
The personnel is absolutely adorable and helpful.
Jasmel at the front desc is beside funny extremely helpful. ( ask him to explain you the funny anecdote about his famous grandmother), Fernando is the best and sweetest concierge ever and Tiffany , the front office manager is always around to please and help and keeps a great eye on her team.
A special thanks to Kim who is a real ray of light and her mother Olga whom is head of the housekeeping.
They are doing a great Job!
The ladies at the coffee bar are always there to make your favourite drinks and serve the most delicious cookies and pastries.
The only person whom
I seriously missed is Bobby at the pool. Bobby was the guy who made you come to the bar just for a chat.
He was a great bartender, a perfect "host" of the pool area.
He "understood" the Raleigh, it's guests and he was devoted to his job. He just had that glamour in him... That little something others just don't have...
I do believe the usual crowd of the pool will miss him and I do hope the management will realize that as a returning guest after all these years some things just cannot be changed...
The hotel has been sold to Tommy Hilfiger and we can't wait to see what will come next.
But remember the Raleigh should be treated as a lady... With care.
Un unconditional fan of this sobe gem
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hailed as a "grand dame" of South Beach Art Deco by Conde Nast Traveler, The Raleigh Miami Beach is a perfect blend of style and comfort. It's chic yet unpretentious, and historic while tastefully modern. The Raleigh offers guests world-class luxury hotel service at a prime oceanfront location on Collins Avenue with exclusive access to the award-winning sbe Miami Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Raleigh Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raleigh Hotel Miami Beach
- The Raleigh Miami Beach Florida