“upscale fun”

Ranked #32 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“upscale fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

We stayed at the Raliegh due to our trip to Vegas being canceled. Upon arrival we were greeted by Ben, the rooms director, who showed us some different rooms. We were impressed with both rooms he showed us and we opted for rooms 703, 714, and I think 717, honeymoon suite?. From the time we entered till the time we left we felt that we wouldn't have to worry about enjoying our stay. The staff, from the front desk to the pool staff, were phenominal!!!! The rooms were also top notch!!! The breakfast in the lobby was amazing!!! I had the french toast and it was one of the best things I ate while in south beach. Ben went out of his way to make sure we had everything and were enjoying ourselves. Ben is an invaluable asset to the Raliegh!!!! I base my opinions on my being employed by a 5 diamond resort for 4 years and knowing what it takes from top to bottom to provide that kind of service. Thank you for the wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

We had a really nice 2 night stay at the Raleigh. The pool was great! Its not a mega-hotel and thats exactly what I liked about it for this trip. Those hotels have their purpose too. But this was nicer, and more intimate. The service at the pool was great. We had breakfast onsite and it was very good. Decent pricing. $30 for the 2 of us incl coffee.
The room are a little tired, but I was talking to guest services on my way out and they said the hotel will have room renovations for a full month at the end of the summer. So I hope that does happen b/c that would 100% ensure my return. I would come to the pool and restaurant anytime, but the rooms are just not my style when I am away from home - esp when you are someplace that is glitzy like south beach. I understand deco style, but the rooms were just not appealing. Also, I want to say thank you to Alex at the front desk. He was so warm and welcoming!!!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I stayed at the Raleigh in South Beach with my partner for 3 days after a week in a downtown hotel for a conference in Miami . It was the best experience I ever had in a Hotel in South Beach. It is all about the staff at The Raleigh, you can't train people to have a cool personality and that is what you find at this hotel. You can tell every single person that works there enjoy it as much as we enjoyed our stay. From the Valet guys , front desk staff, concierge to the staff at the restaurant and pool.
The place is perfectly located and impeccable maintained. great music plays all day. food is just excellent. I want to emphasis on the service at the restaurant...the breakfasts would not have been as enjoyable without the impeccable service provided by the 2 servers that took care of us , Ariel and Max... just perfection if that is enough to describe their professionalism, knowledge of the place, food and kindness to treat us.
The pool area is heaven and is where we spent most of our stay. The staff is the coolest I have ever seen, they could not make you feel more welcome. Hillary, Esteban and Lana made us feel as if we were enjoying our private pool, even taking their time to stop by our chairs and start some short conversation any time they were not busy. Food and drinks were excellent. The bartender suggested the mojitos for drinks and I was hesitant but he was right those were the best mojitos I have ever had in my life...not even in the Caribbean I had such perfectly made drinks, the experience at the bar by the pool where I had my food was great , there was a DJ playing music and lots of people at the bar at the time but Hillary and the Esteban made sure we were comfortable at all time while enjoying our meal. That's when we met James, the other bartender, that surprised us with a couple of delicious drinks not listed on the drink menu.

All I can say after my 5th visit to South Beach is The Raleigh is a perfect reason to keep coming back.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I stayed at the Raleigh with friends and was pleasantly suprised. i read the bad reviews the hotel recieved lately so we were a bit worried , but i must say my stay was perfect. The staff was good and professional. Check in was smooth and also when i wanted to extent my stay it was no problem to give me the same rate allthough they were advertising a much higher rate on the internet. , Restaurant staff were very friendly and even knew my order at breakfast :-). Talking about personal service !! The room was great love the decor and view. Pool area great , good size pool. The beach is really on your doorstep. Overall we had a great stay , next time we come to Miami we stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

This hotel is perfectly situated on south beach, close to shopping, dining, and nightlife. The beach is beautiful, and the staff is great about setting up chairs, towels, and umbrellas for you as well as making sure you get frequent food/drink service. The building and grounds are well kept. The staff there is very accomodating and friendly. The hotel doesn't have a business center, but the concierge was gracious enough to take care of our flight check-in and print my boarding pass. Also the pool area is beautiful.

The only downside is that because the building is older, the rooms are on the small side (which seems to be how all the hotels are in South Beach). That's why I can't give it 5 stars (no coffee pot in the room, tiny bathroom - no bathtub).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

Ended up at the Raleigh thanks to Priceline. Used to live in Miami and passed it a bunch of times and never even walked in or noticed. What a diamond in the rough. The rate was great on Priceline. The hotel staff couldnt have been nicer and more helpful. My wife 9 months pregnant was treated like a Queen. They put us on a Golf Cart to the beach, set us up on the sand, or the pool. Always had a smile, even gave us a free room upgrade after an error with the wrong size bed. The rooms are a little dated as are the hallways, but the rooms do have ipod docks, nice TV's , wireless phones, DVD player, CD player. Nice sheets and bed. The lobby and pool are awesome. Great location and super friendly staff. A real nice little getaway. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay such a pleasure. Hope to be back soon.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in May, in an Ocean View King – we got a really great rate from Opodo. Overall, we were very pleased with the hotel and would definitely stay again.
Pros
1. The bed was very large & comfortable.
2. Lovely Molton Brown bath products.
3. Perfect location for us – you could step out the back of the property to get to the beach, but it wasn’t too far up Collins Avenue – just 10 minutes to walk to Lincoln Road.
4. The pool area is absolutely gorgeous – the website definitely doesn’t do it justice. Plenty of sunbeds, either right by the pool or in a sandy area to the back. Great pool bar for lunch and drinks (fab nachos).
5. Very pretty al fresco restaurant – we had a very nice breakfast there, but didn’t have lunch or dinner. It was very prettily lit at night.
6. The coffee bar off the lobby was very handy for when we didn’t want much for breakfast.
7. The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful – no ‘attitude’ at all.

Cons
1. The bathroom was quite small, with a shower and no bath, but was very clean – just compact!
2. Some of the furniture in the bedroom looked as if it had seen slightly better days. I appreciate and like the look they are going for in terms of design – but some of the furniture was just a bit tatty.
3. Looking at the size and shape of the hotel, I don’t think that many of the rooms have a really great ocean view – we were facing the sea but due to the shape of the building, our view was limited.
But the hotel had a lovely vibe and would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple