“Wonderful 2-year Anniversary Thanks To Ms. Arias And Staff”

Winter Haven, Autograph Collection
Ranked #69 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful 2-year Anniversary Thanks To Ms. Arias And Staff”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is my second time in Miami, I stayed a the Betsy my first year. I never knew about this hotel before and I am glad I found it. My stay brings me down here for 3 days, I am currently here on my first day now. I love this hotel, the staff is the very best, my room was ready before check-in. If your room is not ready they will hold your luggage and call you when it is ready. The breakfast is excellent! The hotel is clean. All the staff is very friendly. I love my room, Ms. Arias was able to take good care of me and provide me a room to die for! I love my room. They have a business center with a MAC, my wife is using it as I am typing. The location of this hotel is flawless, its right on 14th. And truth be told, the rates for this hotel are 2nd to none. The roof deck is AMAZING, better then the Betsy, hands down. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel worth giving any consideration. I use to be a travel agent in my former life, and this hotel gets it right. Message to the GM: You got a good group, from the front desk, to the bar, to the young lady that was standing out front early AM to Late PM inviting guest to dine, please don't take them for granted :) See you again soon!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank william p
Carlos_S185, General Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear William P,

WOW… Thank you for your excellent review!
Our roof deck does have a phenomenal view- the perfect spot for relaxation.

Nina Arias is a true super star; it is always refreshing to read when our staff makes the difference.

I will make sure to personally share your feedback with the entire team

The next time your travels bring you back to Miami Beach, please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation.

Carlos Sarmiento

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I found out about Winter Haven through Groupon. I read the reviews first and then decided to purchase the deal. I'm glad I did.

First and foremost, the location was amazing. Away from the "craziness", but close enough to walk to it. My last visit to Miami, I stayed on 7th and Ocean and once we walked out of the hotel, we were in the mix of everything.

Upon my arrival, which wasn't until about 11pm, I was greeted by two friendly male employees. The guy checking me in made a face that made me nervous. I asked if I was getting a bad room and he said that I was actually getting one of the two rooms in the hotel that has a balcony, room 618. That news definitely kicked my stay off to a good start!

The room and bedroom were on the smaller side; perfect for my needs. It was perfectly air conditioned and there was a ceiling fan. The tv responded to the remote slowly and the service cut out one day when it rained for a bit.

The balcony was a great addition. I couldn't find the switch to turn on the light during the night; if the light was in fact functional. It was so peaceful that I fell asleep out there one night. The sunroof deck was nice as well. I noticed that it wasn't used very much; which was fine with me because it wasn't noisy when I was outside.

I did not eat at the restaurant nor did I get a drink from the bar.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank AngerraK
Carlos_S185, General Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Angerrak,

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and loved our location.

We hope to see you again on your return visit to Miami Beach.

Kind regards,

Washington, DC
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here for my bday weekend from 8/8 - 8/11. As previous people have stated the rooms are small but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. What more do you really need in Miami Beach anyway!?! We received a $50 credit when we checked in and used it for Breakfast, which was average and cost about us $47 for two people (typical for Miami). There's a Walgreen's right behind the hotel and you are in the center of it all (14th and Ocean). Beach is across the street and the hotel provides free beach towels. Cab ride to and from the airport is about a 20-30 minute drive ($32 cab fare). I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MzGrenada
John P, General Manager at Winter Haven, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Mzgrenada,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to read about the great experience you had during your visit with us. We look forward to your visit in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights primarily on Rewards points. The hotel is yards away from the beach and close to the top end of Ocean Drive. We arrived and were directed to the valet location at the side of the hotel on 14th St. The lobby area is beautiful and you have to take your time to look at the work that has been done to restore it. The staff were very helpful and friendly. There is only one lift, but that tends not to be too much of an issue. The rooms are quite small and the beds are narrow too. We struggled to get all of our bags laid out and had to get quite inventive. Our room was at the side of the hotel with a partial view of the ocean. There was a good selection in the mini bar. There was no pool, but the roof was set aside for sunbathing. The second floor had free coffee 24 hours a day. Overall a great location and a stunning lobby area, maybe better for couples than families.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sdwoo
Dear Sdwoo,

Our goal is to make each and every guest feel they are at their home away from home. I am happy the read you had a lovely time and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Here for a birthday weekend, the staff is very friendly and the room is super clean and comfortable. The hotel is located in the perfect location in South Beach, close to everything.
Walgreens behind the hotel is perfect to stock the room with drinks and snacks.
I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Skilled312
Dear Skilled312,

Thank you so much for you kind review!

Our staff are indeed the key to our success - we are genuinely concerned about our Guests' needs and I was happy to read that you felt that.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay next.

Everglades City, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Winter Haven for a weekend after we found a special on TravelZoo. The location of this little gem was absolutely perfect... centrally located on Ocean Blvd, steps away from shopping on Collins, directly across from the Beach. From the moment we arrived the service was amazing from the Front Desk to the Bellman and Maintenance. The rooftop was a nice view and a pleasant place to enjoy our morning coffee while still in our bathrobes! Rooms were very small, but clean and we didnt plan our weekend to South Beach to spend in a room!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bruzki,

Best regards,

Spanish Fort, Alabama
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very Nice Hotel. My husband and I stayed 3 nights, it was great! The staff was so pleasant. They supplied cold lemon/lime water in the lobby, which was very refreshing after coming in from the beach and hot sun. We had a king room, good size, the bathroom was a little small, but then, it was built in the late 1930's. We had a partial view of the ocean, lovely view with the sunset and when the sun came up. The lobby and mezzanine were decorated very nicely. We were able to walk everywhere. Had breakfast each morning at the restaurant. I highly recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mighty Might,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to rate us. I am excited to read about your great stay and the difference my staff made.

We take pride in the history of the hotel and we look forward to you return visit!

Kind regards,