“Average at best”

Bentley Hotel South Beach
Ranked #81 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The hotel rating is listed as a 4.5 star, however I beg to differ. This is a 3 star hotel at best. The rooms on the surface look as they appear online and are adequately appointed with a full kitchen, tile floors, and crisp white bedding. However, the kitchen countertops and livingroom sofa were infested with fleas. The hotel itself was dark, loud and musty smelling. Definitely not what I expected for the price paid and the star rating.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SCSTripping
omartorell, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I must say though that the mention of fleas is very alarming to me since our standards are extremely high. We do full inspections as well as service and deep clean of all our units regularly, increasing this during the hotter summer months. As for as the dim lighting we actually will be addressing this during our upcoming renovation that we hope you will see next time you venture back to Miami Beach. Feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 30 June 2011

Stayed with a friend of mine on my first time to South Beach. We are both in our mid 20s and found the hotel served its purpose. Location is very good you are right opposite the beach and literally 1 minute walk from the main party area.

Outside the hotel is quite busy with vibrant music playing at the Bellini restaurant (which is not very nice so don't eat here).

The bedroom was clean and spacious and of a good 3 star standard.

Things to be aware of:

- this hotel charge a resort fee of 25 dollars a day!!
- we also had some problem with the credit card we'd used for pre auth (we were told by the bank that someone at the hotel had tried to auth two payments on the card in our absence!)

Room Tip: we were in 305 which was inward facing but nice
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sukh84

Dear Guest,

Sounds like you had a great time during your stay. Beach and and a party within 1 minute walk, what more could one ask for. I hope you took advantage though of our resort fee as many of our guest find that it actually saves them money since it includes continental breakfast for 2 , 2 beach chairs at our beach club, and HSIA. Dont hesitate next time us next time you find yourself back on the other side of the pond.

From sunny Miami,

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have stayed at 5 different hotels on ocean drive and so far this beats them all. The staff were friendly, the room was very nice and comfortable, the property was well maintained. a perfect location

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Twiggy029

Dear Guest,

"We will be back." This simple sentence is what this what its all about and showing our guest that we are not only a destination but a home is relevatnt in by our staff and interactions with our guest. We hope to see you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 2 June 2011

My friend and I stayed here for one night before going on a cruise. My experience was a lot better than most though. The guy working at the front desk was quite helpful since we weren't familiar with the area. And our room looked a lot better than the pictures on this site, so I guess it is a bit of a crap shoot. Only thing though all rooms have one bed, so this hotel is best for couples. We just stayed in a standard room with a view of their indoor courtyard, think it was the third floor. Continental breakfast was just some danishes, cereal, juice and coffee, but it was better than nothing. Overall, it is a decent hotel.

I probably wont go back though since it is so far away from everything. It's on 5th and Ocean, so it's a good 10 blocks away from Lincoln Rd Mall and all the fun stuff around there. Not so fun walk in the Miami heat!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravelingTravler

Dear Guest,

Thank you for review. Our staff is the heart of our hotel, most have been with us for many years and it shows daily in our guest feedback. As for the double bed situation, we will actually be going into a renovation in the upcoming months and we will incorporate double beds as our new room category. Furthermore, the cross street of 5th and Ocean is world recognized as the epicenter of South Beach with many of its attractions near by, indeed though South Beach is growing and many of the newer attractions are north yet can be reached in 3-5 minute in a cab. Please let us know next time your in town.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Stayed here for my son's 21st birthday weekend. First of all, my husband made the reservation thinking that he was booking (through Expedia) the Hilton Bentley up the street-- so beware that this place is NOT the Hilton. It would have been OK if when we got home we hadn't noticed that some of our belongings were missing. We had packed and gone downstairs to have some breakfast on Ocean Ave. We got back and requested our car for the drive home. Only after we returned did we realize that a pair of my husband's new shoes and my favorite Ferragamos were missing. My husband called the hotel the next day and, not surprisingly, was told they knew nothing about it. Very disappointing-- but not the first time we have been raped in South Beach. I had a silver Tiffany keychain stolen by a valet at the Delano a couple of years ago. SCUM!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank julesBocaRaton_Fl
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I made my initial inquiry for this property through a Home Away listing. The reply to my inquiry for listing #321344 directed me to www.exactroom.com for pictures, availability, pricing, reservations and payment. The information contained in this listing does not accurately reflect the services or amenities available. Despite the statements in this listing, there was no internet access, there was not daily maid service and we did not have access to the beach club. The hotel would do nothing to provide any level or service or support and consistently told us that because we rented from a private owner, we were not entitled to any hotel amenities. Based on feedback from more than one hotel staff member, this stems from a history of bad experiences/relationships with the owners who although offered, did not opt to have the hotel manage the rental of their units.

The room was filthy. The floor was so dirty, I had to wipe off my feet when I wanted to put my shoes on or get into bed. The shower head was severely corroded. The shower has numerous moldy areas. The shower pressure and water temperature were consistently inconsistent. Every corner and crevice of the unit reflects years of gathered filth. The towels, bedding and sofa were stained. I am also horrified that I am now suffering from unsightly bed bug bites. Additionally, light bulbs were burnt out, the elevator broke down and the hotel printer did not work. After numerous attempts to resolve problems with both exact room and The Bentley staff, we were repeatedly frustrated and annoyed during what we hoped would be an enjoyable and relaxing vacation. I pre-paid for a week long stay, felt duped and left without any recourse during my trip. I would highly discourage anyone from staying at an exact room managed property.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MSP001
omartorell, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2011

Dear Guest,

What an unfortunately experience, and I couldn’t agree with you more as for your tip book directly through the hotel. We pride ourselves in taking all measures in ensuring that all of our managed units meet the standards of our guest. In addition to our dedicated housekeeping staff, our concierges, front desk agents and valet staff are always more than willing to help our guest.
I hope to see you soon as part of our extended Menin Hotel family.

Warmly,

Reviewed 25 April 2011

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel. Although the views were beautiful, I have to say that the hotel was poorly maintained. Upon arrival, we checked into our junior suite and were quite disappointed. The door was damaged, the furniture looked extremely old, and the finishes on the kitchen were missing. We requested another room at an additional charge and were still not completely satisfied. There was barely hot water or pressure, the key was always deactivating, and there were many stains on the bedroom carpet. Personally, I don't think this hotel is worth the price that we paid. However, we do believe if maintained properly and if management takes the time to focus on the details, this hotel can be a worthwhile experience.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank lcorrea

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to write a review on your recent trip. Let me first apologize on behalf of the hotel for your less than perfect room. We will be sure to take the necessary measures to fix these issues and treat this with the outmost importance. I hope when South Beach is in your future plans, you will reach out to me so I can make sure that you experience the Bentley Hotel as I know it can be.

All the best,