“Fantastic room”

Ranked #79 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic room”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had a two-bedroom city view suite which was great. The room was newly renovated, so everything was spotless. The huge terrace was perfect for relaxing and escaping the hustle of the street and provided plenty of sunlight. The service was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was suitable. We had yogurt and juice, but cereals, pastries and waffles were also available.

The beach club is a five minute walk from the hotel, but well worth it. We got there early (10am) and were able to have chairs on the front of the beach. The service was efficient and we were able to enjoy beers and sandwiches.

The hotel was under renovation (as multiple reviewers have commented), but we knew this in advance because we saw the posts here. We did not use the pool next door.

Room Tip: Two-bedroom suite was perfect for us and we enjoyed the private terrace.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VBW_III
Lee G, Hotel Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
VBW_III

Thank you for providing us your feedback. It was a pleasure to have you with us and I'm glad to see that you were able to thoroughly enjoy your stay despite our enhancement project. Although we do have work being done on the pool area currently, our neighboring hotel graciously provides thier beautiful rooftop pool for our guests. This in addition to our beach club make a very enjoyable combination for vacationers and locals alike to soak up the best that South Beach has to offer.

I'm looking forward to having you back to enjoy what promises to be a stunning result after all of the hard work that we are putting into our property.

Please reach out to me directly for your next stay at lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

All The Best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Greve
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spend three nights on Bentley South Beach Miami in march 2014. The room was clean and of a good size. Bed was okay. Location was ggod in the more quite end of Oceans Road. However it was noisy on saturday night.
On the web the hotel emphasized the top roof pool, however, they forgot to write that it was under reconstruction. We even asked about the top roof pool when we arrived, and were told that offcourse we could go there and have a drink...but we found it closed and under reconstruction. The webpage also emphasized the beach club. However, they forgot to write that it is a bit of a walk to get there. Due to the reconstruction at the hotel breakfast is served in the small lobby. You can choose to sit at the balcony where you find three small tables, or take it to your room. It is very basic and knives and forks are of plastic. They charge a resort fee of 25 USD per person/night for a pool that is closed, a beach club far away and a basic breakfast...way too much. The did though remove the fee when we complained about it. They also charged valet parking for 2 days when we only used it one night since it is very expensive compared to the public garage only 2 streets away. So, I won't come back, and I will not recommend this hotel for other travellers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne Line E
Lee G, Hotel Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hello Anne Line E,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. I apologize that your experience at Bentley was less than expected. The hotel is undergoing an enhancement project and currently the pool area is having finishing touches done. It will be available very shortly. In the meantime, we do offer access to the rooftop pool area at a property directly adjacent to us. We make all arriving guests aware of this at check in. I'm sorry that you were misinformed and I will look into why directly. Regarding breakfast, we aim to meet the expectations of all different tastes with a variety of yogurts, fruits, cereals, breads, bagels, etc. It is difficult to provide the perfect selection that would suit each individual taste for all guests and I'm sorry that we missed the mark with you there. While we do include continental breakfast, beach club access and Wifi within our resort fee, it is imperative that we provide an excellent product and service at the same time. Your comments are duly noted and will be looked into for possible improvements.
In the meantime, although you mentioned that you would be choosing alternate accommodations for your next Miami stay, I would like the opportunity to provide a true Bentley experience for you.
Please feel free to contact me directly at lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com. I'm happy to make the arrangements and follow your stay personally.

All The Best,

Lee
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I am completely disguisted with this hotel and I have not even stepped through the door. I planned to stay at this hotel from March 9th-March 11th and I should have chosen somewhere else. My boyfriend booked our plane tickets through Orbitz and we were told the flight was oversold and we would have to reschedule our flight. As soon as I got this news I called the Bentley Hotel to cancel the reservation and to rebook for the new dates we would be there. I was put on the phone with a central reservation center who was very helpful and let me know that they did not want to charge a penalty for the late cancellation and said only the manager can override the penalty. I proceeded to call the Bentley Hotel Front Desk and a woman name Maria picked up the phone. She argued with me about speaking to any Manager on Duty and went on to say only the housekeeping manager was on duty. I told her that was fine and she said "oh, I doubt she'll be able to help you ", but placed me on a "hold" for her anyway. I was on hold for LITERALLY 45 minutes and then they just hung up the phone. Day two wasn't much better I asked to speak to the manager again was told their was no manager on duty by Maria and was forwarded to a voicemail where I still haven't received a call back. It is now day three, I just got off the phone with Maria and she said the manager is in a meeting and she doesn't know when they get out of their meeting. Basically, they are telling me that I just unwillingly donated $500 to the Bentley Hotel and I should get over it. I do not reccommend this place if you care about customer service!

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Chanelv218
Georgiana, Alabama
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The roomservice is AMAZING, the staff is very friendly, the rooms are exquisite and not to mention the beds are very comfortable. The hotel in general is very beautiful and it stands out. The price for the stay is very reasonable. The valet parking is also very good. They take very good care of your car and make sure to get a spot close to you. They are reasonable workers. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone staying in miami for a trip.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kimberly2135
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your 5 star review on Tripadvisor. We are truly delighted you thoroughly enjoyed our accommodations and services. I will definitely share this AMAZING review with entire staff. In the meantime, we remain at your service. Please email us at bentleyreservations@meninhospitality.com to book your next stay in the Best Hotel Ever!

Saint Louis
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Not easy to find from the street, but a real "find" once you get upstairs to the lobby and the rooms. This boutique hotel is in a great location for access to the lively night life and lovely beach. We didn't know the rooftop pool would be closed for renovations, but had no trouble going with the flow and using the complementary rooftop pool of a nearby hotel. The beach "club" with all the amenities was a nearby walk, no problems, although we also enjoyed the beach access (without the "club") directly across the street! The ocean was great for swimming. We took long walks through the South Beach neighborhood and along the beach. Things are very much alive around the hotel late into the night. The restaurants nearby were abundant and we enjoyed everything from first rate meals at a fine restaurant to great food at a local kosher diner. There are restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner right below the hotel, too. The one bedroom suite was clean and roomy and bed very comfortable. Our room was right above the hustle and bustle of the street, but it had a good view of the ocean. The continental breakfast was more than sweets, juice and coffee - there were fruits, yogurt, cereal, too. The tables on the deck/balcony off the lobby have a beautiful view of the ocean. We also had a kitchenette if we wanted privacy. Last but not least, Luis at the desk would be an asset to any location - very calm, friendly, helpful and willing to go the extra mile.

Room Tip: Sleep quality for old farts like us might have been better in a room not on the second floor right o...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlene K
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such a great review on Tripadvisor. At the Bentley South Beach, we take pride in ensuring our guests’ experience is seamless and are truly proud to have achieved this with you. I noticed you enjoyed your One Bedroom Suite with its spectacular Ocean Views, comfortable living room area as well as fully equipped kitchen. I will share your review with the entire hotel staff, specially with Luis, who work very hard in order to made every guest feel at home. I also want to thank you for your understanding during the renovation and I hope you visit us soon. Please email us at bentleyreservations@meninhospitality.com in order to get our special rate for a comfortable suite.

Amsterdam
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

we choose this hotel because of the good refenence on tripadvisor. big disappoinment. no parking, valet parking 30 dollars a day and 30 min waiting. we had to eat breakfast in the lobby because the tables were full (only 4 tables are there) service was low and there is a 25 dollar service fee witch they charge you extra per night above the hotel price.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BjornMartine
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor. It is always good to hear the feedback from our guests. We aim to exceed expectations and are disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction regarding your recent stay with us due to the Bentley’s enhancement. We certainly value you as a guest and look forward to the opportunity to impress you during a future stay once the Bentley South Beach remodeling is completed. Unfortunately, the valet parking system in Miami Beach is a private service and due to the heavy populated traffic in the area the waiting times to get the cars are 15 to 30 minutes. We are always available to call for our guests’ cars in advance, should they require them. Please feel free to email us directly at bentleyreservations@meninhospitality.com in order to check the best available rate for your next stay.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was relieved when we arrived due to the previous mixed reviews. The staff was very friendly except for the manager who I only spoke to briefly upon checkin. We were happy with the location and beach access. While we fully understood that renovations were ongoing prior to arrival, I think that they misrepresent this property and should be more forthright regarding its current condition. The website photos are future state and/or perhaps of the only rooms completely renovated. There is absolutely no way that the pool will be completed in March 2014. While the pool would have been nice, we used the beach passes every day and never bothered to go next door for the temporary pool arrangements.

The beach club is worth the few minute walk and $25 per day charge. Attentive service, great comfortable padded chairs, good food. Just beware if you are a NON SMOKER.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank katsrun
Ignacio L, Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much to taking the time and comment about your recent stay at the Bentley South Beach. We are glad to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating. We are working very hard in order to have our pool and roof top deck completed asap, once it is done, it will be the best in South Beach. Please give us another chance once our enhancements are completed, by sending an email at bentleyreservations@meninhospitality.com I will be able to give you the best available room and rate!.