This is our 2nd stay at the Bentley on 5th and Ocean Drive. We stayed here in 2009 and were blown away by the service and character of this boutique hotel. The location is fantastic, but we returned despite the high prices (we booked on Expedia for over $200/night, but I now realize you can now rent rooms directly from owners for less in a much nicer suite I feel ripped off).
Our room is tiny (320), and does not even have a place to sit other than one little chair and night table. There is NO safe (I asked, and only some rooms have them--really??!!). The bathroom is half decent with nice Kohler fixtures, but that's it. Beds are a nice firmness.
There is a $25/night plus tax resort fee, but the pool is still under construction (yes you can use the one next door, but it doesn't look nice). We utilized the beach club at the Hilton Bentley once--nice service, but quite a walk down. Also there is continental breakfast (cereal, pastries, apples, granola bars, and a waffle machine was empty when we tried to use it). There is wifi included, too. It is not hard to find this hotel (right above TGIFridays and the Bellini restaurant, where you will be hounded constantly by the Bellini staff to have a meal there--I never eat at a place where I am hounded)
We are a young, professional couple who travel extensively (at least 3x/year) for pleasure, and we are willing to spend money, but we expect a good experience for our money. I feel our experience fell short, and based on the replies from the hotel management and the declining reviews, it looks like they still don't get it. On our next stay on South Beach (we came all the way from Vancouver, BC Canada btw--we obviously love Miami), we will be exploring other options. Management--don't even bother giving us the standard reply here--you had your chance to "wow" us, and it was barely mediocre. Perhaps it was harder for us to stomach since we stayed here previously and it was definitely worth talking about. I echo the reviews below in that this is no longer the place to stay on SoBe.
Extra tips: you can take the Miami Flyer Bus 150 to/from the airport (stops nearby on Washington & 5th) for only $2.60/person (there are luggage racks). The SoBe local bus is only 25cents and loops around Miami Beach up to Lincoln Road and back down. You have to try cuban coffee and food--recommend Los Olas Cafe on 6th. Hiro Sushi Express is great also, and they deliver. My Cervice is another good place to try (you can order online and pickup--it is a hole-in-the-wall. Hope my review was helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Official Best of Florida, as "2010 Best Boutique Hotel in Florida", the Bentley South Beach's prime location on Ocean Drive is only a half mile away from Lincoln Road Mall and the Miami Beach Convention Center, and five miles away from the Port of Miami, making it a convenient overnight pit stop. Bentley South Beach's all-suite hotel offers a variety of room categories including large balconies with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the city of Miami Beach. Guests can choose from a Junior Suite, One Bedroom Suite or Two Bedroom Suite, all featuring a kitchenette, wet bar, Italian marble bathroom, plush terry bathrobes, a fully stocked minibar and room service. The accommodating and personable staff strives to make your stay at Bentley South Beach both memorable and effortless. Located along Ocean Drive, guests of Bentley South Beach have the luxury of enjoying our rooftop with a pool and Jacuzzi overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, or venturing across the street to our exclusive private beach club, featuring beach access, lounge chairs and towels. Located on the ground level of the hotel, Picciolo Italian Bistro showcases flavors of Italy for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers great people watching along the bustling street of Miami’s famous Ocean Drive. Menin Hospitality Perks program is available to all guests, which offers up to $100 in food and beverage savings to the restaurants and bars in the Menin Hospitality collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bentley Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bentley Hotel Miami Beach
- Bentley Hotel South Beach Miami Beach, Florida