Bentley Hotel South Beach
Official Site
US$610
US$421
  • Pool
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$400
US$358
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$375
US$341
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$321
US$286
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$234
US$192
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$528
US$204
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$163
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$371
1,730 results
All reviewsrooftop poolocean driveelectric car servicesouth beachthe penthouserestaurant downstairsfull kitchensun deckprivate beachcontinental breakfastbedroom suiteperfect locationhappy hourper daybeach towelsvalet parkingan umbrella
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had a great time at this hotel. it was close to everything great central location. Front desk was pleasant held our bags for us while we went out and about because it wasnt time to check in yet. the manager upgraded us to the 2 bedroom penthouse suite which was goregous. we took advanage of the free beach charis and umbrella that is offered thru the beach club. breakfast was decent. waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit cups, and juices... might have been some other things but that is all i can remember. Also has kitchen which is nice. I would def stay here again and recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hello MangoSkin,

Thank you for the excellent review!
I'm glad to hear that you had a great time and that we were able to get you into a very nice room. We're already looking forward to having you back! Pleae feel free to reach out to me for your next reservation at lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is our 2nd stay at the Bentley on 5th and Ocean Drive. We stayed here in 2009 and were blown away by the service and character of this boutique hotel. The location is fantastic, but we returned despite the high prices (we booked on Expedia for over $200/night, but I now realize you can now rent rooms directly from owners for less in a much nicer suite I feel ripped off).

Our room is tiny (320), and does not even have a place to sit other than one little chair and night table. There is NO safe (I asked, and only some rooms have them--really??!!). The bathroom is half decent with nice Kohler fixtures, but that's it. Beds are a nice firmness.

There is a $25/night plus tax resort fee, but the pool is still under construction (yes you can use the one next door, but it doesn't look nice). We utilized the beach club at the Hilton Bentley once--nice service, but quite a walk down. Also there is continental breakfast (cereal, pastries, apples, granola bars, and a waffle machine was empty when we tried to use it). There is wifi included, too. It is not hard to find this hotel (right above TGIFridays and the Bellini restaurant, where you will be hounded constantly by the Bellini staff to have a meal there--I never eat at a place where I am hounded)

We are a young, professional couple who travel extensively (at least 3x/year) for pleasure, and we are willing to spend money, but we expect a good experience for our money. I feel our experience fell short, and based on the replies from the hotel management and the declining reviews, it looks like they still don't get it. On our next stay on South Beach (we came all the way from Vancouver, BC Canada btw--we obviously love Miami), we will be exploring other options. Management--don't even bother giving us the standard reply here--you had your chance to "wow" us, and it was barely mediocre. Perhaps it was harder for us to stomach since we stayed here previously and it was definitely worth talking about. I echo the reviews below in that this is no longer the place to stay on SoBe.

Extra tips: you can take the Miami Flyer Bus 150 to/from the airport (stops nearby on Washington & 5th) for only $2.60/person (there are luggage racks). The SoBe local bus is only 25cents and loops around Miami Beach up to Lincoln Road and back down. You have to try cuban coffee and food--recommend Los Olas Cafe on 6th. Hiro Sushi Express is great also, and they deliver. My Cervice is another good place to try (you can order online and pickup--it is a hole-in-the-wall. Hope my review was helpful!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lilsquirrel
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review.

Your request for a non-generic answer is noted and I assure you, you will not get one. I try very hard to touch on, explain, apologize for, and give recognition where it is due in our reviews here. I've read, and re-read your review. Other than a couple of easily fixable mentions, I'm having trouble extrapolating, based on the facts the you have provided, what made your last stay so poor and what makes you certain that based on this last experieince that your next stay (if you would allow me to invite you back) would be just as bad...

I would like to fix this. We are clearly undergoing an enhancement project at Bentley. This project will enhance the stay of all of our future guests. I would like for you to enjoy that experience in the future as well.

I'm available to you any time. lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

Many Thanks,

Lee

Reviewed 7 April 2014

So I read the reviews and picked this place because the reviews sounded good. I am not sure if the hotel just went way down hill... Or if it was always poor. The location is great. Other than that we were just disappointed. The bell boy had no idea where our room was and dragged us with our luggage around the hotel searching for it. The rooms are adversitied as suites but they are not big. The hotel is run down. The service has been poor. We are here for two more days.... So hopefully our experience will improve

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Sarakwan

Sarakwan,

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, it takes a couple of days for reviews to post on Trip Advisor. I would have liked the chance to meet you before check out. Of course I hope things did improve based on your initial experience.
We are undergoing an enhancement project and some areas are more affected than others aesthetically. I apologize if this had a negative impact on your impression of our appearance.

I am available to you if you would like to discuss your experience further. I am interested to know how the remainder of your stay went. Please feel free to contact me directly at lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Bentley Hotel following Ultra. The hotel was great for relaxation, the room are great, the staff is excellent. There was a lot of construction but it did not get in our way. The staff takes care of your every need, the continental breakfat is great. The beach club is amazing you have to check it out , it is nice to get away from the 'sobe' crazies . Definitely coming back

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Benfrnkl
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I started visiting SoBe in 2005 and have always stayed at the Bentley. Even as the prices went up, I returned for the great staff and fabulous pool. They always went out of their way to accommodate early check-ins due to flight arrivals and their used to be a waiter that came to the pool. The last time visited was after our honeymoon in 2009 and it was everything I remembered. We recently went back to stay before a cruise the end of February. I had been emailing with the manager Ignacio. He never mentioned the pool renovation or the hotel overhaul. We knew we would get there early and informed them of this. We got there at about 10am. No worries, our plan was to change and head to the pool. Well the pool was being refurbished and they sent us next door to the Fritz pool. Not the same, not even close. The lounge chairs were stained and they didn't give us towels so I had to go back to the Bentley to get them. We tried to relax in the sun, the pool was more like a hot tub it was so warm. They finally got us in our room at 4:10pm! When we got to the room I noticed that the remodel must have made the rooms SMALLER. Visiting as often as I used to, I have stayed in most of the rooms in the hotel. You could still smell paint and it was gritty on the floor from the grout. There was NO running water. We just wanted to take a shower and a nap being that we had taken a red-eye flight and had been up for a day and a half. We called the desk and they moved us to a different room. We only stayed for the night and I can say that it was too spendy to think of returning. Not sure what it will be like after the remodel, but I was disappointed in what I saw and was upset no one informed us of the pool being out of service. Their continental breakfast was new to us, but not something that should be bragged about. Poor placement and awkward seating. It worked fine to grab something if you were heading out for the day though. With the many choices travelers have, the Bentley should rethink their new overhaul if their property is suffering this much. I miss the old staff and great service and most of all the rooftop pool. I'm sorry I cannot recommend the Bentley any longer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank effintravelers
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I apologize for what seems to be several unfortunate and inconvenient situations that occurred during your stay. Clearly we missed the mark with you and this was more dissapointing for you because you have had great experiences here in the past and were excited to return. Your concerns are valid and are being addressed. Bentley is ungoing a thorough refurbishment \ enhancement that will bring the property to it's highest level to date, however, none of this project should affect our current guests.

I will further look into some of what you have detailed, but beyond that, I would like to make it up to you.

If you would consider changing your position and would like to take me on my word that we will deliver next time around, please contact me personally. lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

I will look forward to hearing from you and am happy to handle all of your arrangements.

Best,