“Highly recommend!”

Ranked #79 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night getaway without the kids! We never stayed in South Beach before and were not sure what to expect. The hotel exceeded our expectations! The service was supurb from the moment we entered the hotel until the time we left. We arrived at the hotel several hours before check in time. Our luggage was stored and we were given passes for the beach club, which is a short, few block walk from the hotel. At the beach, we were given cushioned lounge chairs and an umbrella and enjoyed the perfect weather. I am not sure why people object to the $25/per day/per room resort fee, as we would have paid much more renting chairs and an umbrella every day. When we returned to the hotel a few hours later, we were told that we were being upgraded to a larger room...it turned out to be one of the penthouse suites! P5 to be exact. We reserved a basic room and did not even request an upgrade! The suite was obviously very recently remodeled -- it was beautifully decorated and immaculate, with two bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom, table and 4 chairs and living area. There was a HUGE balcony with a table a 4 chairs, sofa, and two lounge chairs with an umbrella. We spend a lot of time out there and this really added to our enjoyment!

The hotel served a delicious complimentary breakfast every morning. All the staff that we encountered were extremely courteous and helpful. The ice machine was not working, but we were able to get ice from the restaurant downstairs. The hotel was very quiet. Most of the time, we felt like the only guests there! We did a great deal of walking around South Beach, and we feel that the hotel has a perfect location, right on Ocean Drive, surrounded by awesome restaurants and shops. Conveniently, there is a Walgreens one block away. The roof top pool area is in the process of being remodeled and I'm sure it's going to be beautiful when finished. (The pool is open.) We were very sad to leave yesterday, but hope to be able to return one day! Thank you for making our vacation so memorable!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
PS041015,

Thank you very much for taking significant time to submit such an informative review. It was a pleasure to have you and we're very happy to know that Bentley was able to provide such a memorable stay.
You're correct, the pool area itself is completely renovated and open. The remainder of our very large rooftop deck area is being completed now. It has amazing views and is exceptionally relaxing and convenient for our guests.
You did mention that you would like to return to Miami Beach one day and we're happy to hear that! Please let me know personally when you're able to make plans to return. I'm happy to arrange everything...lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Glendale, California
Reviewed 7 May 2014

let me start by saying that I travel alot and quite picky. When we arrived at the hotel at 8am obviously we knew our room would not be available. I asked Carlos at the front desk if any upgrades were available and he told me that for our first 3 days we will be upgraded to the Penthouse !!! What ?? I was so excited along with my friends... He made our stay so much more fun and comfortable ... Thank you Carlos !!
The room (PH2) was amazing. Overlooking Ocean Dr and the beach. Beautiful decor and such a comfortable bed with plenty of room in the bathroom for all 3 girls and our stuff !!! Our bellboy Juan was such a sweet young man and he was so accomodating and pleasant that he made our trip overall magnificant. We really liked him alot !!! I dont understand people complaining about the resort fee.... I mean everywhere you go now a days they have a resort fee and you dont get much. At the Bentley we got a wonderful breakfast, beach chairs with an umbrella and free wifi. What more do you want?? so you have to walk 4 blocks to the beach club, so what ... get some exercise and work off the meals. its worth it !!! The Bellini restaurant right in front has the most delicious food on the block !! Overall our experience with the Hotel and Miami were excellent and we cant wait to go back !!! The rest of the staff was also wonderful and so gracious..always smiling and bringing you whatever you need with quick service... You do have to wait for your vehicle if you valet and its a bit pricy but for the comfort of not having to look for parking it was well worth it !! Thank you staff of Bentley for making our stay unforgettable !!! :)

Gracias

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
AnaM9182014,

It was a pleasure to read this review and we appreciate you taking the time to thoughtfully submit it. Carlos has also seen it and thank you for pointing him out specifically. It always makes our day to see one of team members mentioned on Trip Advisor.

I'm glad that we had the availability to get you a nice upgrade. If we're able to enhance your stay in any way, we will certainly do it. You also touched on several other amenities offered at Bentley and I have shared the sentiment with the beach club and Bellini Restaurant.

We would love to duplicate this for you and hope you plan to return to Miami Beach soon!
Please feel free to reach out to me personally for your future plans here, I'm happy to handle all of the arrangements for a future stay. lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com.

Many Thanks,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The staff at the Bentley were awesome, very accommodating. Alvaro and Juan were super nice and very familiar with the area and tourist attractions. Thanks to them my trip went a lot smoother! The location right on Ocean Drive is awesome, right by the beach and close to the SOBE action!

Room Tip: I don't recall a fitness center, hence the "terrible" rating. Try and get a room on th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank erinmichelle1989
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello erinmichelle1989,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this great review. I will certainly be sharing this with Alvaro and Juan. It is always a great pleasure to read that our staff members had individual and meaningful impact on our guest's stay.
We're so glad to hear that your stay was a memorable one and we would love to have you back asap!

Please feel free to reach out to me. I'm happy to handle your accommodations and follow your stay. lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

Ontario
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is on the quieter section of Ocean Drive - clubs further down the street are quite noisy. Staff was way above average being helpful and friendly. Hotel had it's idiosyncrasies - like a kitchenette without a cook top or microwave and no safe in room (although listed in room description). Bed was very comfortable and the renovated rooms are very nice and well appointed - the lights can be dimmed which is nice. A delightful glassed in shower. You have to appreciate that these are old buildings so aren't going to be perfect. Breakfast offered an excellent choice and we enjoyed using the waffle maker. We ate on the balcony outside overlooking beach. There is a $25 mandatory resort fee for b'fast, wifi and access to the Hilton Beach Club nearby for a lounger, table, umbrella and towel. If you use the beach club, the $25 is worth it in that alone (be sure to bring tipping money for butler who prepares your lounge with a cover). Wifi in room was a good strength. I wouldn't have a problem staying there again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fllshipcruiser
Hello fllshipcruiser,

Thank you for your excellent review! It's a pleasure to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy all of the amenities available at Bentley.
I would like to speak to you further however, there should not be anything missing in your room and I would like to investigate a bit further to ensure that the room you stayed in is properly appointed. Please feel free to reach out to me any time at lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com. I'm also happy to handle and arrange any future plans that you may have for a return to Miami Beach. We'd love to have you back!

North Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I escaped to south beach for the weekend in the Bentley hotel , unfortunately we arrived too early and our room was not ready , however Chris at the front desk was very kind, he gave us information of places to visit , bars, restaurants in the area while we were waiting, he also stored our bags, we decided to wait in the pool, also gave us beach towels he said that not worry for nothing and asked me my cell phone number to send a message once everything was ready , just 45 minutes later we received a text from him advising us that we could check in , the room was great, the view , comfortable and clean. After freshening up we went to the beach to enjoy a few cocktails , it was a perfect weekend , we enjoyed the hotel Bentley South Beach and we definitely will go back whenever we can, great hotel , walk to the beach and many options of great restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Hello Clautan,

Thank you for this excellent review. I have passed along your sentiment to Christian already. It is always a true pleasure to read about individual staff members impacting a stay in such a positive and efficient way. I'm also glad to see that you so enjoyed our rooms, views and beaches. Sounds like a perfect getaway!

In the future, both Christian and myself are available to you personally. Please always feel free to reach out in the future. lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com.

Looking forward to having you back!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is in a great spot, just about a 2 minute walk to the beach and there's a bunch of great restaurants within walking distance, but I don't think I'd stay here again if I had the choice. The rooms are in a suite style and give you quite a bit of room, but some can be quite shabby.

We stayed in two rooms. The first one was facing the water and we payed an extra $50 for an "ocean view", even though you couldn't see above the trees to actually see any water. The room was also very sparsely furnished and seemed more like a dorm room. Also, it was extremely loud at night in the ocean view rooms, from cars, to shouting, to music, it was hard to get any sleep. Once we moved to a room more on the side (which ironically had a better ocean view), it was much quieter and nicer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J T
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello J T,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm glad to see that you were able to enjoy your stay and found it much more peaceful after changing rooms. We are currently undergoing an enhancement project that will upgrade and improve our guest rooms. While they are all very spacious, especially by South Beach standards, we still have a few rooms left to update. It seems that you first were checked into an original room but I'm happy to report that we are basically finished now with the enhancement project and all rooms are quite comfortable and relaxing.
We are located on 5th Street and Ocean Drive. This is a festive area, however, if we find that any of our guests prefer the most tranquil possible environment, we will do everything in our power to provide the most suitable accommodation.

In the future, please feel free to contact me directly should you be returning to Miami Beach. I'm happy to handle your accommodations and follow your stay to ensure that you have a great time from start to finish.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Grover Beach, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'm happy to report that the renovations are 99% complete at the Bentley hotel now. We spent the weekend there prior to a Carnival cruise in late April 2014. About all they have left to do is
finish up some remaining exterior painting, and to put up some railing and patio furniture at a new expanded sun deck on the roof. All the disruptive work to the rooms and the interior common areas is complete... so I think it's safe to say that you can now ignore all the bad reviews from people who stayed at the hotel during the renovations. I enjoyed the rooftop pool and the existing sun deck next to it, and I bet it will be even nicer after they put the finishing touches on the new expansion of the rooftop sun deck.

Like the old real estate joke goes... there are three main reasons to stay at this hotel: location, location, and location. This hotel is ideally located on Ocean Drive in South Beach... with all sorts of great stuff within easy walking distance. There are two restaurants on the ground floor of the hotel building: a pretty decent Italian restaurant, and a TGIFridays. We had one meal at each during the weekend. There are also probably twenty other restaurants (and plenty of bars) within just a few blocks of here. The ground floor of every building on this side of Ocean Drive has one or more restaurants in it. I probably gained a couple of pounds during our stay.

There's a park across the street, and just on the other side of the park is beautiful South Beach itself. It's a nice view from the hotel's rooftop pool and sundeck to the park and the beach. You can be on the sand within probably less than a five minute walk from your hotel room. We also enjoyed walking down to "Government Cut" and watching the cruise ships head out to sea on Saturday afternoon.

The hotel's location right on the corner of Ocean Drive and 5th street is a double-edged sword. It's fantastically convenient to the beach, restaurants, bars, and shops (there's a gigantic Walgreens right around the corner for anything you forgot to bring) but it's also a very busy and noisy environment. I wish I had a dollar for every car alarm, siren, and car horn that I heard during the weekend. I consider myself lucky that I was in a room at the far back side of the building... the side farthest from Ocean Drive. I suspect that the ocean-view rooms that look out over Ocean Drive are probably way too noisy for anyone that wants peace and quiet before about Midnight on a Friday or Saturday night.

Overall, though, I'll take the noise in order to have the fantastic location. It was ideal for me. I also really appreciated the high-speed Internet the hotel provided... it worked better than just about any hotel Internet I've ever experienced. I was so impressed with the quality of the Internet connection that I ended up going to Speedtest.net to see what the deal was. It looks like they have the download speeds throttled at 5mbps... which is probably a good idea in a hotel environment because it keeps any one guest from hogging up so much bandwidth that it effects everybody else. What was impressive was that there was less latency than I think I've ever seen during a speed test... the ping was only 6ms... and with so little latency, that means things happen super fast when you move around on the Internet. Also, the upload speed was an impressive 5mbps... and that really came in handy for me, as I used the opportunity to upload a few of my vacation videos to YouTube.

On the down side... the bed was way too firm for me, and I wish there had been a desk in the room. (I was in a studio, their least expensive class of room.) Using my laptop would have been much more comfortable at a desk. Also, the situation in the shower was a little wierd! First off, there's the trendy thing that a lot of hotels do where they put the rack for the brand new dry towels INSIDE the shower. This is just dumb, as the towels get splashed when you are showering. But the worst part was that there is a fairly large window in the shower... and a very tall residential building next door with balconies that look right in to the shower window. This was probably only an issue for the hotel rooms at the back side of the building, near that tall residential building. Is anyone from the Bentley Hotel reading this? Could you please put some blinds in the shower window in room 404? Also, some mirrors inside the walk-in closet? The only mirror is in the bathroom, and it gets steamed up when you use the shower.

Overall, though, I did really enjoy my stay at the Bentley... primarily because of the outstanding convenient location, the high-speed Internet, and the rooftop pool and sundeck with a nice view of the park and the beach.

One tip for when you arrive...
The entrance to the hotel is a little tricky to find on your first try. There is an Italian restaurant on the street level, on the right side of the building. The restaurant uses big umbrellas to provide shade, and the umbrellas cover up the sign above the entrance. Walk like you're just about to read the menu posted by the hostess at the center of the Italian restaurant's outdoor seating area. The entrance to the hotel is to the right of the big menu and the hostess.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hello Jim_Zimmerlin,

Thank you for your detailed review. I enjoyed reading your thoughts and certainly found your feedback insightful.
First and foremost, we are looking into the bathroom windows directly. I apologize that you were in an uncomfortable situation and we will rectify that issue immediately.
While taking care of that, we will also check the bed and ensure that the mattress in 404 is at or above the standard for the entire hotel. Sleep comfort is an extremely important aspect of any hotel stay and one that we pride ourselves on. This will be immediately rectified as well.

We would love to have the opportunity to have you back. I'm available to you personally for your future plans in Miami Beach. Although you did enjoy your stay, there were a couple of issues that I would like to eliminate in order to deliver a perfect Bentley experience for you next time around.

I can always be reached at lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

Many Thanks,