“The whole area is overpriced and over hyped.”

Bentley Hotel South Beach
Ranked #75 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is 2 stars at best. In downtown Philadelphia or New York it be 1 Star. First and foremost NEVER NEVER rent here from a private owner, at least if you rent from the hotel they are there and you can fight with them. We renedt room 210. First 4 lights out only 3 kitchen chairs and 1 was broken the cabinets are rotted out there was also no toilet paper you have to buy it or call the owner and wait for him to send it over.. The tv only half the channels had volume and the pull out bed is not comfortable. That is the good stuff. The second day there we come back from the beach and the 2nd floor is condemned by the fire Marshall. So they move us to the 3rd floor think about that for a minute. Now we have to move to room 310 and it is not even cleaned we have to sit around wasting our vacation time waiting for it to be cleaned then moving ever thing. Now we are down to 2 kitchen chairs no beach chairs (We flew in from Philadelphia) nothing to clean the room with since the hotel will not clean it since this was from a different private owner. Then we were told we could have the continental breakfast and cleaning then we were told we could not have either. Then we were told you can have cleaning for $80 a day. The General manger said is there anything I can do for you. I thought that is nice of him. He gave us passes for a day for free rental chairs and cleaned the room once WOW. Now we have to clean the floor with a towel, and buy beach chair big help! Also the hallways smell the paint is falling off the only one that should get 5 stars is who over took the pictures and made the place look nice. There is only a mall pool and whirlpool. Be careful at nights or mornings you do not want to wake up the homeless people sleeping around the pool on the lounge chairs. It is noisy at night's not the hotel's fault it is in a party area so if you want that the location is good. However the whole area is a overpriced rip off. The Bentley the private owner (who did give a partial refund after I threaten to sue him) ruined our vacation. If you do go stay at the hotels at 20th street and higher you can get to ocean drive easy enough. P.S. if you have family do not go to South Beach there is really nothing for a family to do.

Room Tip: Do not sty here stay further north past 20th street or better yet another beach all together.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank baileyups
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Baileyups,

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a detailed review. Before I comment on specifics, I'd like to apologize for your experience. Regardless of whether you rent from an owner or from the hotel, myself and my team are here to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay and that you experience excellent service.
With that being said, I will address your concerns specifically as well. It's important that I clarify and make your experience a bit more transparent so as to add balance. You rented directly from the owner of the unit, this removes my ability to significantly impact several areas of your stay. Under the circumstances, I crossed several governing lines to ensure that you had an enjoyable stay regardless. You mentioned that the fire department "condemned" the 2nd floor. The fire department did not condemn the second floor. The second floor is undergoing an enhancement project. When the fire department came to do their routine inspection, they had a request that we, of course, honored. They needed to inspect guest rooms thoroughly as part of their annual inspection. The rooms needed to be vacant in order for that to be expedited. I happily relocated you to the 3rd floor for the remainder of your stay and checked on you regularly. Had this not been for a fire inspection, the importance of which is obviously implied, I would never have inconvenienced you with the room relocation. I had housekeeping service your room, I gave you eight beach passes for our private beach club and asked repeatedly if I could do anything more the make up for the inconvenience.
Clearly, we fell short. We always look for ways to improve and your feedback is informative. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm available to you in the future should you be returning to Miami Beach. It would be a pleasure to provide you a true Bentley experience in the future.

Lee

Write a ReviewReviews (1,579)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was our second time visiting South Beach and I must say my stay at the Bentley was great! The staff was amazing and very accommodating. They went above and beyond to make sure our needs were met. Larenz, the front desk concierge provided exceptional service. The hotel was under renovation but the staff made sure the construction made little impact on the guest. The location is in walking distance to most South Beach sites and attractions. The hotel offers a roof top pool and a private beach which provides chairs and umbrellas free of charge. They also have a restaurant / bar on the street level that provides great inexpensive food and drinks. I wouldn't hesitate in booking another stay at the Bentley!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello Nicole S,

Thank you for writing such an excellent review! It sounds like you had the opportunity to enjoy the best that Bentley has to offer. I will certainly pass your sentiment along to Lorenz and the rest of the team.

It was a pleasure having you and we'd love to have you back. Please feel free to reach out to me in the future. I'm happy to handle your accommodations. lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed several places around South beach over the years & recently stayed at the Bentley from check in till we left liked everything about this South Beach property. Good happy hour, pool is nice, room was nice with nice deck lounge chair. On the beach with reserved beach chairs waiting along with umbrella. Just a short 3 block walk put you on South Beach strip ready for fun, food & music. Everyone is helpful, courteous and waiting to assist. Liked every place I've stayed in South Beach but this will be at top of list when I return. Air conditioner was a little loud at night.
Room 805B had good view of property, city & beach.

Room Tip: Beach is out the door with lounge chair & umbrella waiting. Room laid out nice with lounge chair...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VaGoldVirginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is perfect for couples, the pool on the roof is wonderful. The view is amazing and breakfast is so delicious. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I recommend the hotel for couples and friends! We had a great time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MissArdente
Lee G, General Manager at Bentley Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello MsArdente,

I'm very glad to hear that you had an excellent experience here with us. I have to agree, the rooftop pool is an excellent amenity and a very nice getaway to a tranquil environment with beautiful views. You also mentioned great service, great breakfast and great location... Sounds like a perfect trip! We would love to have you back and I'm happy to help arrange that for you any time. Please feel free to reach out to me at lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com. I'm happy to help.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The room was dirty, the sofa cushions were soiled. The fold-out bed was partially broken and more akin to a torture instrument than a bed. Our room faced the beach, and the soundproofing was woefully inadequate. The air conditioner was in the room and sounded like a jet engine. Avoid!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

First, I'd like to apologize. What you experienced is not indicative of a stay at Bentley. I would like to know what room you stayed in so I may look further into your concerns with the room. You did mention that we were in need of renovations... we are in fact completing an all-encompassing enhancement project that will effectively change the look and feel of the property and bring it to a modern, crisp and elegant finish. I do hope you would reconsider your sentiment should you be returing to Miami Beach. I'm happy to handle your accommodations personally and would very much appreciate the opportunity to make this up. Please contact me directly at lgreenspan@meninhospitality.com

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

beautiful place! hotel is very nice and neat.
the staf is very friendly e very profesional...
a special thanks to Cristian for his kindness and availability.
our stay here was perfect, hope to return soon!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petra S

Hello Pietra,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm certianly glad to hear that your stay exceeded expectations. I have passed along your appreciation to Cristian. Thank you for mentioning him by name. We love to hear about individual staff members who have impacted our guests.

We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very friendly staff. Loved the daily text messages. Location was great and views were awesome...#customer service was awesome. The pool area was nice and clean and relaxing. Great for honeymoon family or even girls getaway. The fixtures in restroom were awesome and the beach service made me feel like a star

• Stayed: June 2014