“Great location”

Ranked #94 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Olathe, KS
“Great location”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night after our cruise. We left the Port of Miami very early in the morning (around 7:30-7:45) and took a taxi over there I knew we were going to have to leave our bags because I was sure that there would not be a room available.

As it happened there was a room available and the gentleman working the desk (I didn't catch his name) set us up and helped us with our bags. Now we had the rest of the day to play and part of the next morning as our flight wasn't until the afternoon.

This hotel has a steam shower which we were not able to take advantage of. We stayed in room 106 and the A/C was leaking onto the bathroom floor. It was annoying to be walking through and get dripped on. Plus overnight, enough water accumulated on the floor that we were concerned about a slip hazard.

The location of this hotel couldn't be beat. We got some recommendations for eating and set out. The hotel is literally 2 blocks from the beach. Made getting to and watching the sunrise the next morning easy.

They have beach towels to loan, you just sign for them. I imagine if you don't return them they charge you but getting beach towels and returning them was a piece of cake.

We were disappointed in the broken steam shower but when we checked out, the same gentlemen that helped us check-in so early gave us a credit because we couldn't use the steam shower. So, we were disappointed we couldn't take advantage of one of the main reasons I booked the hotel but I am happy that we did get compensated for the trouble...

I would stay here again, but I would verify the steam shower is working in the room upon arrival.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Both my wife and I stayed there from 23 May to 1 June 2013.

On the whole, we were pleased with the hotel in terms of location and the services rendered. We were particularly impressed with Mike and Norma for their patience and friendliness....always cheerful and helpful.

The hotel location's excellent too. It's close to the beach but away from the hustle and bustle of Ocean Drive. There's a bus-stop right in front of the hotel that will bring you around South Beach...you don't have to worry about getting transportation. In my opinion, this hotel's definitely worth checking out when you head to South Beach.

Some interesting places to eat whilst in South Beach (not in any particular order):

1. My Ceviche
2. Joe's Stone Crab
3. Puerto Sagao
4. Yardbird
5. Big Pink
6. BLT Steak
7. Haven

Reviewed 11 June 2013

My first visit at St. Augustine was October 2012. I was very pleased. I loved the staff, the rooms were clean, modern and spacious, the location perfect: so close to the beach, clubs and restaurants, yet very quiet and peaceful. I came back last May! It was me, my mom and brother. Each one of us had a great experience at this hotel, we'll surely come back. My mom especially liked the set up for breakfast and the privacy that the hotel offers. I'm not into huge, chaotic hotels, St. Augustine is more intimate and all the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. You can't go wrong by choosing this place!

• Stayed May 2013
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Good location in a silent place of Miami Beach, close to Ocean Drive and the beach itself. Reception team is the best, they were ready to help or to give any advice/recommendation we would need. Breakfasts are simple, it is true (yogurt, cornflakes, milk, juice, tea-coffee, pastries), but it's all great and really tasty.
Everything in this hotel is about design and comfort so our stay was very comfortable. Room was good but we felt some need of more storage space - no bedside tables to keep all our stuff, a small shelf for clothes. Scratches and stripes were on walls, left by previous guests. We found some hairs in the bathroom on arrival and some dusty surfaces.
The shower room is fantastic, especially with steam option.
The liquor store and the grocery are 5 min walk, on the 5th street.

1 Thank dee_hamma
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Since i have booked it as a combo on Expedia i dont know exactly how much i spent.
But anyway its a great play to stay on Miami beach.
Its two blocks from the beach and perfectly locatet on 3rd and Washington.
Great room. Not so big but a touch of design will make u pleasant.
A steam sauna is an extra bonus.
Go find hotel manager James. He is a gem stone. He will adivise u all u need and will help u to book or find anynthing possible in Miami.
Truly a great Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: Picki it and you want regret.
Boston
Reviewed 17 May 2013

The service at this hotel was exceptional, with the useful advise from it 's manager James, the helping hand and friendliness of Michael ,and Norma who happily serves me with an nice, free breakfast.I have stayed here a few times, and every time I go back, I feel I am going home and not to a hotel.
It was located in Miami's art deco district in South Beach and 2 blocks from the beach. A great location to be able to walk everywhere.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2013

First the good points. The location was tops. An art deco building in Miami's historical art deco district of South Beach. One block from the beach and Ocean Drive. We walked everywhere. The design of the hotel is funky and chic. Staff very helpful and approachable. Breakfast is passable.
On the negative side, we feel that there are some sound insulation issues. The first room they gave us was right under the airconditioning unit on the roof, and its constant cycling during the night kept us awake. We complained in the morning and they offered us another room on the lower floor. No airconditioning noise.
However, the design of the three-way bathroom that is open to the rest of the room contributed to a great deal of noise from the neighbour's bathroom. Every splish and splash of their ablutions was clearly heard in our room.
My recommendation: don't go to the St Augustine if you're a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Go for a ground floor room for a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple