“Just short of an unqualified recommendation”

Hotel St. Augustine
Ranked #100 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This place is just starting to show its wear from what was likely a nice renovation several years ago. The walls are a bit bruised etc. and they don't quite keep it as clean as they could. For the right price it still makes sense. Parking was tight but also very convenient and easy. Location is quiet and it is an easy walk to a nice stretch of the beach, the madness of Ocean Drive and a few great places to eat (Big Pink). Again, hope they don't let this place slide any more than they have. No regrets, but not a "steal" either.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We booked this as it is recommended by Lonely Planet books. This hotel is perfect for exploring South Beach as it is so close. You can walk to the beach in just a few minutes, but it is still quiet so you can get a good nights sleep.
The staff were really helpful and give us good advice (and directions) on where to go and how to get there.
The rooms were great. They were very spacious with good big beds. Best bit was the huge steam shower.
I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night after our cruise. We left the Port of Miami very early in the morning (around 7:30-7:45) and took a taxi over there I knew we were going to have to leave our bags because I was sure that there would not be a room available.

As it happened there was a room available and the gentleman working the desk (I didn't catch his name) set us up and helped us with our bags. Now we had the rest of the day to play and part of the next morning as our flight wasn't until the afternoon.

This hotel has a steam shower which we were not able to take advantage of. We stayed in room 106 and the A/C was leaking onto the bathroom floor. It was annoying to be walking through and get dripped on. Plus overnight, enough water accumulated on the floor that we were concerned about a slip hazard.

The location of this hotel couldn't be beat. We got some recommendations for eating and set out. The hotel is literally 2 blocks from the beach. Made getting to and watching the sunrise the next morning easy.

They have beach towels to loan, you just sign for them. I imagine if you don't return them they charge you but getting beach towels and returning them was a piece of cake.

We were disappointed in the broken steam shower but when we checked out, the same gentlemen that helped us check-in so early gave us a credit because we couldn't use the steam shower. So, we were disappointed we couldn't take advantage of one of the main reasons I booked the hotel but I am happy that we did get compensated for the trouble...

I would stay here again, but I would verify the steam shower is working in the room upon arrival.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Both my wife and I stayed there from 23 May to 1 June 2013.

On the whole, we were pleased with the hotel in terms of location and the services rendered. We were particularly impressed with Mike and Norma for their patience and friendliness....always cheerful and helpful.

The hotel location's excellent too. It's close to the beach but away from the hustle and bustle of Ocean Drive. There's a bus-stop right in front of the hotel that will bring you around South Beach...you don't have to worry about getting transportation. In my opinion, this hotel's definitely worth checking out when you head to South Beach.

Some interesting places to eat whilst in South Beach (not in any particular order):

1. My Ceviche
2. Joe's Stone Crab
3. Puerto Sagao
4. Yardbird
5. Big Pink
6. BLT Steak
7. Haven

Reviewed 11 June 2013

My first visit at St. Augustine was October 2012. I was very pleased. I loved the staff, the rooms were clean, modern and spacious, the location perfect: so close to the beach, clubs and restaurants, yet very quiet and peaceful. I came back last May! It was me, my mom and brother. Each one of us had a great experience at this hotel, we'll surely come back. My mom especially liked the set up for breakfast and the privacy that the hotel offers. I'm not into huge, chaotic hotels, St. Augustine is more intimate and all the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. You can't go wrong by choosing this place!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Good location in a silent place of Miami Beach, close to Ocean Drive and the beach itself. Reception team is the best, they were ready to help or to give any advice/recommendation we would need. Breakfasts are simple, it is true (yogurt, cornflakes, milk, juice, tea-coffee, pastries), but it's all great and really tasty.
Everything in this hotel is about design and comfort so our stay was very comfortable. Room was good but we felt some need of more storage space - no bedside tables to keep all our stuff, a small shelf for clothes. Scratches and stripes were on walls, left by previous guests. We found some hairs in the bathroom on arrival and some dusty surfaces.
The shower room is fantastic, especially with steam option.
The liquor store and the grocery are 5 min walk, on the 5th street.

1  Thank dee_hamma
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Since i have booked it as a combo on Expedia i dont know exactly how much i spent.
But anyway its a great play to stay on Miami beach.
Its two blocks from the beach and perfectly locatet on 3rd and Washington.
Great room. Not so big but a touch of design will make u pleasant.
A steam sauna is an extra bonus.
Go find hotel manager James. He is a gem stone. He will adivise u all u need and will help u to book or find anynthing possible in Miami.
Truly a great Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: Picki it and you want regret.