Hotel St. Augustine
US$428
US$303
Official Site
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$489
US$358
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$375
US$341
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$320
US$286
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$234
US$192
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$561
US$284
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$163
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewssteam showeryogurtocean drivesouth beachcontinental breakfasttwo blocksjoe's stone crabwashington avequiet locationgreat bathroomsmall hotelboutique hotellocation is greatking roomper daymini barloved this hotel
Reviewed 4 January 2009

Was looking forward to our stay and it did not disappoint. I read about St. Augustine on CoastalLiving.com. The hotel was small and reminded me of a small hotel in Paris or Barcelona. No elevator, though. No trouble for us, but we knew and did not care going in. They offered to help with luggage. The room was a good size, queen size bed with room for us to put a computer. BTW we had wireless in the room. The closet was small but we were staying a long weekend. Could be a problem if you are there a couple weeks. The steam shower w. multiple heads was everything expected, really relaxing, the steam was a nice feature. Kind of hard to figure out but I am not mechanical. (My husband knew). There was breakfast/coffee daily and the bar was open 1 night for drinks.

They have parking for $15 a day in back, if you have a car it is the best deal. Location is great, right by Ocean & Collins. A very short walk to dining, including my favorite, Grazie. The staff was helpful,and we especially loved the resident dog & cat.

Overall, it was a relaxing weekend, the hotel was a value and a nice departure from the chain resorts we usually stay at.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We have not been to Miami before but have heard a lot about South Beach - thought we would stay a few days here after our cruise.

Did a lot of online research and Hotel St Augustine seemed to have the most reasonable rates. The photos online seemed attractive.

First of all, the neighborhood was sketchy. Although it is just a few blocks from the beach, and Collins and Ocean Avenues, the streets were dirty, lots of dog poop and tatoo parlors.

The hotel is located next to an apartment building. So, if you open the curtains, there is no privacy.

As far as service, it was good depending on who was at the front desk. One employee was extremely helpful, but the other one always brought his dog to work and let it sit around the lobby all day. He wasn't too helpful, nor motivated either. I had my clothes washed and it was a wash n' fold for $4 a lb. I just had 2 small bags, not too heavy and the bill came out to $45.00. I argued with him and he was not too helpful in settling the bill.

The room rate included continental breakfast which was good and the spa shower was relaxing although their soap gave me the hives.

The airconditioning was loud and strong - the air blew right on your face so we did not use it most of the time.

The room was also dark, but we did not open the curtain because our room directly overlooked the apartment next door.

There was a small closet but no drawers - not enough room to store set aside belongings.However, under the sink was a shelf so I placed whatever had to be folded in this shelf. There were also magazines to read in the room.

The ice bucket was moldy so I did not use this.

Overall, I felt that the hotel was overpriced. The Mondrian Hotel had a special that was equal to the price of Hotel St Augustine and we should have switched.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank luv2travel610
Reviewed 27 December 2008

If you would like a nice, quiet stay in South Beach, then this beautiful Art Deco hotel is the place for you. I found the room to be clean and comfortable with the usual amenities - Stereo, TV, mini bar, internet access, and continental breakfast. The spa-like bathroom with the multi-jet steam shower is definitely unique from other hotels in the area.
You really don't need a car as everything is within walking distance: the beach, shopping, great restaurants, and all the action on Ocean drive.
For anything further, you can hop on the South Beach Local bus which stops nearly in front of the hotel.
Third street beach is just two blocks away, and after a day on the beach, the multi-jet steam shower is a special treat.
Having stayed on Ocean drive in the past, I appreciated being able to go there when I wanted, but return to the Hotel's relatively quiet neighborhood.
The wonderful staff was very attentive and recommended several great restaurants within blocks of the hotel.
All in all, I would definitely return and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the South of Fifth area.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank WestCoaster09
Reviewed 2 December 2008

This is a lovely little hotel in south beach. I would recommend staying here as the hotel is in a much quieter area than most & yet it is within easy reach of the art deco hotels & beach front. A lot of the hotels on the beach front have bars/clubs attached to them so music is playing into the early hours which I imagine would be quite annoying. The staff were really friendly, there is a complimentary continental breakfast, parking is easy & there were always spaces available. There are a number of small restaurants just a block away which were really convenient when we arrived late at night. The beach is 2/3 blocks away. It also felt like a really safe area to walk about (although most of south beach is like this). The rooms were really comfortable with fantastic showers & there was also a safe/TV/CD player in our room. We opted for a Queen & there was ample room. Limited wardrobe space but we didn't find this a problem.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank UkWigan
Reviewed 1 December 2008

Did plenty of research on-line, booked the room way in advance, showed up with my confirmation in hand all excited about the "steam showers" and was told that the room that had been set aside for us was somehow still occupied and no other rooms were available. As a consolation, we got to stay at their "sister" hotel which was a 2-star disaster. If you want a guaranteed room during your vacation, I would steer clear of this place. Their little "error" ruined our weekend in Miami.

Stayed: November 2008