How did they manage to do it? Our room 102 had noise coming from all six sides! Six?
1. The wall closest to the lobby had a LOUD, grating, metal on metal, screeching sound! I awoke the next morning looking like a zombie and asked the front desk lady if it was the elevator. She said yes matter of factly and offered no explanation. The elevator had an expired permit. Perhaps it was time for an inspection or repair. It's a bad sign when you need to nap on the beach for quality sleep.
2. The wall facing the long hallway offered us the constant bang of the door as guests walked in and out of this "special" part of the hotel.
3. The wall facing the adjoining room offered us the sounds and activities of guests next door. It sounded like they were packing around 1am. We heard crackling plastic bags and luggage being moved about.
4. The wall facing the pool had an ice maker right outside our window. This ice machine would spit out ice cubes on a regular basis which sounded like a bowling alley as ice cubes tumbled down the chute.
5. The ceiling provided us with loud footsteps from the room above.
6. The bed mattresses were wrapped in cheap plastic protectors which provided us with the great sounds of squishing each time we move on our bed. It sounded like a water bed without the water.
We were up extra early because of our multidimensional sound experience. The good thing about this unfortunate night was that we snagged the last decent piece of danish ever to be seen. The next mornings' breakfasts involved pieces of toast and cereal. Classy.........
We moved to a better room the next night. There was still a rumble of the obviously troubled elevator but it was much more subdued. Thanks soo much. Whatever......
Pool was small but that's not the problem. The problem was the dirt from leaves that seemed to collect there with no one in sight to clean them up. Another issue was the shower head next to the pool which never stopped dripping. It seemed to have a sweet spot to make it stop but we tried but couldn't find it. The accumulating water had no drain to go to. Puddles would appear with nowhere to go.
It seems The President Hotel's operating philosophy involves getting guests in and out, with no hopes for return visits. Their clientele was mostly international tourists on a budget with low possibility of return business. Don't expect much from the hotel staff. They are not hospitality trained.
Resort fee includes skimpy breakfast, sugary cocktails and threadbare beach towels.
I had stayed at this hotel a few years back and things weren't as dire. At that time, they were part of Epoque Hotels. It seems they are no longer affiliated with that group. Maybe Epoque requires standards which are no longer met.
The location and price are good but we'd rather pay more for a better experience. Their sister hotel The Penguin was involved in a Hotel Hell type show. It's The President's turn for an extreme makeover.
The owner should live in Room 102 for a month and see what it's really like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The President Hotel is located directly on Collins Avenue, minutes away from the famed pedestrian shopping and entertainment center of Miami Beach, Lincoln Road, as well as a vast array of restaurants, cafes and other entertainment venues. Tastefully renovated in 2008, the 64 guest rooms are all different, each appointed with one wall entirely covered with a picture portraying green elements of nature and complemented by an accent decorative pattern in a stylish cut-out sequence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your The President Hotel - Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The President Hotel - Miami Beach Florida