“Excellent/Courteous/Clean Stay!”

The President Hotel - Miami Beach
Ranked #96 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Excellent/Courteous/Clean Stay!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was my fiancés and I 1st time in Miami and we stayed 6/14-6/18-4nights.The staff was super friendly. The rooms were very clean-the bathroom was spacious & we loved the rainfall shower ;) The housekeeping staff was extremely attentive! The bar served tasty drinks! We were able to sleep when we were ready((really important)) I would like to extend a special THANK YOU to the Hotel Manager AL, he is extremely humble and courteous...he accommodated our need to exchange a nights stay because our arrival flight was cancelled...We will be back to stay here!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Hello, Amber. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with the service you received from our staff as well as the cleanliness of your guestroom. We are also glad that you enjoyed the rainfall shower in your bathroom and your drinks at Green Bar. We will also be sure to extend your kind words onto our manager for helping you out with your flight situation. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed May 16-20th. First before I even booked a hotel I read tons of reviews . It helped greatly especially for south beach. I had read plenty of reviews that the President hotel was clean! I wanted to stay in a more expensive hotel because I came very cautious where I lay my head...however the females that were going with me had a budget to I decided to compromise. I was nervous from looking at the outside of the building upon arrival. But once we walked in I was satisfied.
POSITIVES
the room is EXTREMLY clean! sheets are white. Their is a Ipod dock for Ipods and Iphone only (don't think Iphone5 will work) & it won't connect to your ipad. However there is an aux port on the dock so bring your own Aux cord(I wish I had). We stayed on the first floor with two double beds. It was four females so the room was big enough to accommodate all our luggage (two bags each lol) Our room had a wall (where the flat screen tv was mounted on) full of mirror glass. This was great for us females because we didn't have to wait to go in the restroom to do makeup and hair.
Floor and restroom were clean. ALL staff including manager were very friendly! Doors are locked after 12 (key needed to get in) which is great when your a female because we didn't have to worry about creeps following us. Free breakfast for two people. It is a cold breakfast cereal, fruit ect. Upon arrival you get a free complimentary drink (alcohol) per person to start your trip off :-)
NEGATIVES
You have to put down a deposit of $50 per night... either authorized on your credit card or cash. If you put down cash you get it back as soon as you check out. This is important because I called them twice to confirm that we had to put down a deposit and the representative told me we didn't if we were paying with a card, which was false information know that YOU DO!
The restroom in the room is SMALL as hell! like if your weigh over 160 pounds you probably won't be able to turn around in the restroom. this was the only downfall.
My greatest disappointment came when it was time to check in ...they told me that their rooms are only double occupancy which means more than two people staying in a room is a charge of $25 per extra person per night! THIS IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR TOTAL. In my many phone calls to the hotel they never mentioned this extra fee. However, it is written in the FINE PRINT on your confirmation email. However my email did not say "per day/night" it just stated extra person fees as $25 at first the receptionist kept saying it's policy. I asked to speak with a manager. I explained to the manager I understand policy is policy however, no where on my confirmation does it say "Per day/night" so how am I to know I will be charged this fee? He went and called someone and sure enough I was only charged $25...it pays to be educated to learn to pay attention to detail! lol After this we had no other problems. I THOUROUGHLY ENJOYED MY STAY AND WILL STAY AGAIN. PRICES ARE REASONALABLE IN THE HEART OF EVERYTHING AND RIGHT BY BEACH!

Room Tip: ITs a pretty quiet hotel so you will get sleep wether your in at 10pm or 5am I stayed on 1st floor...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mstenacious13
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you and your girlfriends enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the cleanliness and size of your guestroom, as well as the service from our staff and your complimentary drinks. We apologize for the issues you faced with your bill and we will be sure to bring this to our staff's attention, so that our future guests have a clearer understanding of what to expect upon arrival. We thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay and we hope to welcome you back here again in the future.
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the president hotel during our mini-getaway to Miami. The hotel itself was fine but what made our stay there incredible was Faud Faris who was a great help the second we arrived there by making sure we are well taken care of. I am not usually the one who writes reviews but Faud's eagerness to not only provide us with excellent customer service but also every person that stayed at the hotel or walked by and had a question, had me decide to review my stay there.
Since we arrived there early and check-in wasn't until 3 he made sure our luggage was put away. That way we were still able to enjoy our time before check-in. Furthermore, we got lucky to get a room with a terrace which was very large in size. This made the stay at the room much more enjoyable. I must admit I wasn't a big fan of the restroom. It was definitely too small. But as mentioned, the location, terrace,
and Faud's help made up for the less pleasant parts of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and you liked your suite accommodations and terrace. We are also glad to hear that Fuad took such good care of you and was responsive to your needs. We will certainly pass along your feedback to him. Again, we appreciate your review and hope to see you in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Not a bad hotel for the price! We arrived at 830am and had to wait until 330 to check in kind of expected so wasnt upset. Free upgrade to the terrace suite, nice view large terrace. Nice decor in the room although not great. The staff was good, never rude or not interested in requests. Originally I was going to give this hotel an Average rating until I met Faud Faris, the most eager to help person I have ever seen in hospitality gave us suggestions etc. because me and my fiance met him our stay with The president Was excellent! The guy knew how to make people feel welcome bottom line. The hotel without him is simply an average but the personalibilty I received is worth going back for.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jordan B
Hello, Jordan. Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you were pleased with your suite accommodations, terrace and view. We are also glad that our staff treated you well, and we will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Fuad, Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in the future.
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever ever stayed in. We had to actually leave after one night...no refund since we got the hotel on expedia. It was so incredibly loud, dirty, beds were made on plastic and mattresses are also made of ruber ...never seen or heard a mattress that uncomfortable or loud! The place is a nightmare. Didn't dare try food.. just ran away after 1 night. Bathroom was dirty, smelly and so small anyome over 6 feet probably has to sit sideways on toilet. Save yourself the money And stress and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear your experience with us fell short of expectations. We apologize for the noise issue in your guestroom and the problems you faced with your bed. We will also be sure to discuss the state of your bathroom with our housekeeping staff, so to avoid this issue in the future. Thank you for your review.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2013

How did they manage to do it? Our room 102 had noise coming from all six sides! Six?

1. The wall closest to the lobby had a LOUD, grating, metal on metal, screeching sound! I awoke the next morning looking like a zombie and asked the front desk lady if it was the elevator. She said yes matter of factly and offered no explanation. The elevator had an expired permit. Perhaps it was time for an inspection or repair. It's a bad sign when you need to nap on the beach for quality sleep.

2. The wall facing the long hallway offered us the constant bang of the door as guests walked in and out of this "special" part of the hotel.

3. The wall facing the adjoining room offered us the sounds and activities of guests next door. It sounded like they were packing around 1am. We heard crackling plastic bags and luggage being moved about.

4. The wall facing the pool had an ice maker right outside our window. This ice machine would spit out ice cubes on a regular basis which sounded like a bowling alley as ice cubes tumbled down the chute.

5. The ceiling provided us with loud footsteps from the room above.

6. The bed mattresses were wrapped in cheap plastic protectors which provided us with the great sounds of squishing each time we move on our bed. It sounded like a water bed without the water.

We were up extra early because of our multidimensional sound experience. The good thing about this unfortunate night was that we snagged the last decent piece of danish ever to be seen. The next mornings' breakfasts involved pieces of toast and cereal. Classy.........

We moved to a better room the next night. There was still a rumble of the obviously troubled elevator but it was much more subdued. Thanks soo much. Whatever......

Pool was small but that's not the problem. The problem was the dirt from leaves that seemed to collect there with no one in sight to clean them up. Another issue was the shower head next to the pool which never stopped dripping. It seemed to have a sweet spot to make it stop but we tried but couldn't find it. The accumulating water had no drain to go to. Puddles would appear with nowhere to go.

It seems The President Hotel's operating philosophy involves getting guests in and out, with no hopes for return visits. Their clientele was mostly international tourists on a budget with low possibility of return business. Don't expect much from the hotel staff. They are not hospitality trained.

Resort fee includes skimpy breakfast, sugary cocktails and threadbare beach towels.

I had stayed at this hotel a few years back and things weren't as dire. At that time, they were part of Epoque Hotels. It seems they are no longer affiliated with that group. Maybe Epoque requires standards which are no longer met.

The location and price are good but we'd rather pay more for a better experience. Their sister hotel The Penguin was involved in a Hotel Hell type show. It's The President's turn for an extreme makeover.

The owner should live in Room 102 for a month and see what it's really like.

Room Tip: Pick a room that's not at The President Hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for your review. Although it sounds like you were happy with the location and value of the hotel, we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you had hoped. We apologize for the noise issues you faced in your first guestroom and are so sorry they kept you from a good night's sleep. We are happy, however, that our staff helped to accommodate you with another room. We appreciate you letting us know about the problems you found with our pool and courtyard and will certainly alert our staff. We thank you again for your helpful feedback.